Thread: "Locked" Virgin Mobile phones?

Feedback Score

"Locked" Virgin Mobile phones?

I bought some of Virgin Mobile phones from a liquidation company. I believe they were Best Buy returns. I sold one to a lady and she says VM customer service says the phones are "locked" and the account holder must release the phone for it to be used. Since the phone was a return there is no account holder or at least we don't know who the original account belongs to.

Can anyone give me any guidance? Are the phones on locked to the account for a set period similar to Cricket Paygo accounts or does VM do things differently?

Thanks!

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The phones would be permanently locked to the user who activated them unless the user deactivated them. I've bought used phones on eBay and the previous owner had to contact VM and tell them to release the phone so it could be registered by a new user. Without the previous owner's vKey/PIN, those locked phones can't be activated.

Phones
    Pantech Ocean
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Rumor 2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Virgin Mobile & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    you can call virgin and tell them the problem... dont listen to the CSR's they wont know what they are talking about, just keep telling them that they ARE YOUR phones and they arent able to be activated and they will ask if you know so and so and just tell them no... the goal is to keep escalating the problem up the chain, until corporate, they can (and will) unlock it. Happened to me with a flare that i had that some lady made an account with... she never had the phone, I did... as a back up. But anyway, keep escalating it, leave the problem with whom you speak to in corporate and in a couple days they will have it fixed.

Good Luck!
    Left Virgin for Helio and all it had to offer... Only to get "acquired" back to virgin again... slowly loosing everything I switched for. Then came a light at the end of the tunnel when we got "acquired" yet again by sprint... sadly they brought us nothing and took from us everything, so as the ship sank I stayed aboard and then on the 23rd I quickly ported over to boost... and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

RIP HELIO... you were set-up to fail but it was fun while it lasted.

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, Cricket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    post your issue on VM's twitter page.

This is the quickest way to get response from VM. There is someone who monitors their twitter & facebook pages on a daily basis.

Feedback Score
    Man. This is why I despise all the lockdowns that VM and Tracfone imposes on their phones. It gives them WAY too much control. Bring Your Own Device forever!

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Lyca
    Feedback Score
    Then I guess you won't be on Virgin anytime soon!

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer
    1. I bought some of Virgin Mobile phones from a liquidation company. I believe they were Best Buy returns.
    2. I sold one to a lady and she says VM customer service says the phones are "locked" and the account holder must release the phone for it to be used. Since the phone was a return there is no account holder or at least we don't know who the original account belongs to.
    3. Can anyone give me any guidance? Are the phones on locked to the account for a set period similar to Cricket Paygo accounts or does VM do things differently?

Thanks!
    1. Hmmm! I wish I wanted more VM phones!
    2. as an aside ... VM wants customers to "repurpose" phones. If I give you a phone, VM will give both of us $2.50 in airtime!
    3. You can get the old account number from the phone. Go through the lost password loop on the web page login. Must happen alot.
    Regards