Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CTV Leaked Rate Plan

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

CTV Leaked Rate Plan

CTV.ca states "cornerstone of the company’s offensive will be an aggressively priced unlimited talk, text, long-distance and data package for $65."

Source: http://www.ctv.ca/generic/generated/...le1564038.html

The article also states a June launch.

This is looking good!
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo - $55 Unltd 5GB (2014-????)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. I wonder about the details of the long distance and data though. One way it could be read is that they are unlimited but it does not make that 100% clear, if read the other way.

Time will tell I guess.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Just what I kinda predicted abou the unlimited everything plan... Can't wait!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    That would be hot if it's true. I hope this includes Call Display and the data is unblocked.
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

Feedback Score
    Wow, undercut wind by 19% ($15) not bad at all

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artbungler
    Wow, undercut wind by 19% ($15) not bad at all
    I can see Wind creating a unlimited everything combo for $70 to match it. I'm a little worried that they might go at war with each other too soon and kill each other off within 4-5 years. Then Robellus will be like...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://www.howardchui.com/2010/05/11...imited-for-65/

New carrier, Mobilicity, is getting ready to launch service in the competitive Canadian wireless market. Mobilicity has been silent about rate plans and devices, but a possible slip in a CTV article may be the start of future leaks.

With launch of the wireless startup predicted to be early June, a source close to the company told CTV News that "a cornerstone of the company’s offensive will be an aggressively priced unlimited talk, text, long-distance and data package for $65." Assuming Mobilicity will use the concept of Home and Away Zones like WIND Mobile does, users will have to pay for addition usage outside of Mobilicity’s coverage area.

WIND Mobile is also offering unlimited rate plans but with a slightly higher price tag. Unlimited voice, data (soft capped at 5GB), and texting will set back $80/month but includes voicemail and caller id. Assuming Mobilicity will charge an extra $5 for voicemail, customers will be looking at a cost savings of $10/month ($120/year) when compared to WIND’s unlimited plans.

Looks like there is competition between the new entrants, now we just need the existing carriers in Canada to react.

http://www.howardchui.com/2010/05/11...imited-for-65/

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Wind, Three, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My guess is that there will be no long distance charges on any
    of their plans.

Maybe even unlimited texting on all plans

For people who live in the major metro areas and stay in
    those areas most of the time - which is a lot of people, then
    it will be a good deal.

People were very happy with the original city fido. Even though
    coverage was limited because the majority of people in the main cities
    and their greater areas, stay in those areas.
    Robellus - The Future is Greedy

Feedback Score
    The key in the CTV story, to me, is the plan to entice people to drop their wire line and use Mobilicity as their only phone. This means Mobi has to offer a rock-solid product. It's home service areas may be relatively small, but within those area it must be reliable. Achieving that falls to Ericsson, of course.

The CTV story doesn't mention roaming,, the cost of which could be a deal-breaker but aggressive pricing on the other features could be a bargaining tool when talking to B/T/R.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    mobile syrup.com is reporting they will have 6 other price plans along with the 65 U/L everything

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by likebutta
    Interesting. I wonder about the details of the long distance and data though. One way it could be read is that they are unlimited but it does not make that 100% clear, if read the other way.

Time will tell I guess.
    That was my first thought too.

Nowhere does it mention unlimited texting, unlimited long distance, or unlimited data. It only mentions unlimited talk. WIND's $35 voice plan with the $10 data plan is an "unlimited talk, text, long distance, and data plan" for $45, so I think we need to be careful with how it's been worded.

$65 for unlimited everything with no caveats (other than a small network footprint) is a good deal, especially for Canada, but I think we'll have to wait to see what's really being offered.

That being said, the only reason I haven't switched to WIND yet is because of lack of coverage (and I'm not referring to the alleged "coverage issues" in existing Home Zones). From what I understand, Mobilicity is going to be months behind WIND in terms of coverage. I'm switching to an AWS carrier as soon as I can, and I really don't care which one it is, but until coverage meets my needs, I can't/won't leave Rogers.

Feedback Score
    I expect we will know today. Usually a planted story like The Globe and Mail/CTV are carrying this morning with the "soon" caveat means a media event is scheduled for the next 24 news cycle. The reports are too detailed to be leaks, suggesting a plant.

Feedback Score
    I LOVE competitions. Go mobilicity.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know locations of the stores yet?

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavoli
    Does anyone know locations of the stores yet?
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643148
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643100
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast