Thread: PagePlus back to Verizon??

Phones
    LG voyager
    Samsung Intensity
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

PagePlus back to Verizon??

I have a LG Voyager that i had flashed to Page Plus and is currently on Page Plus and was wondering if it is possible to change it back to Verizon. any help would be appreciated.

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    Living life on the edge!
    ==But then I have no life==

Feedback Score
    Yes you can switch back to Verizon... If you are taking both the phone and the number you'd need to put in a port request with Verizon porting department. It may take a couple calls to Verizon and PagePlus because people have reported some confusion resulting from fact that the phone is already active in Verizon's network.
    If you are not wanting to port the number and simply want to take the phone and get a new number, you'd need to do an ESN swap to a dummy phone to free up the Voyager for activation on Verizon.

Also if you've adjusted the WAP settings on the Voyager to work with PPC, you'd need to manually adjust them back if you want data to work.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ncguy
    Yes you can switch back to Verizon... If you are taking both the phone and the number you'd need to put in a port request with Verizon porting department. It may take a couple calls to Verizon and PagePlus because people have reported some confusion resulting from fact that the phone is already active in Verizon's network.
    If you are not wanting to port the number and simply want to take the phone and get a new number, you'd need to do an ESN swap to a dummy phone to free up the Voyager for activation on Verizon.

Also if you've adjusted the WAP settings on the Voyager to work with PPC, you'd need to manually adjust them back if you want data to work.
    The Voyager doesn't need to be tweaked to get WAP to work on PP or Verizon. HTML Browsers work right out of the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBdunks
    The Voyager doesn't need to be tweaked to get WAP to work on PP or Verizon. HTML Browsers work right out of the box.
    Not true... All WAP dumbphones need to have their WAP Proxy changed as in the following section of the Wiki: LG WAP Programming .

I have an env touch(another html dumbphone) and know the settings do in fact need to be changed. Also do a search on Voyager and PPC and find all the threads where the users had to change settings.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not true... All WAP dumbphones need to have their WAP Proxy changed as in the following section of the Wiki: LG WAP Programming .

I have an env touch(another html dumbphone) and know the settings do in fact need to be changed. Also do a search on Voyager and PPC and find all the threads where the users had to change settings.

Really? The Voyager (titanium) I had before my Ozone didn't require ANY tweaking to get WAP to work, and neither did the enV Touch I activated for a friend a couple of days ago. The only phone I had to change the settings on were the WAP browser dumbphones like the VX5500 and Intensity. I plan on picking up a Samsung Rogue today, and I'll see if the settings need to be changed for WAP to work.

Feedback Score
    Really? The Voyager (titanium) I had before my Ozone didn't require ANY tweaking to get WAP to work, and neither did the enV Touch I activated for a friend a couple of days ago. The only phone I had to change the settings on were the WAP browser dumbphones like the VX5500 and Intensity. I plan on picking up a Samsung Rogue today, and I'll see if the settings need to be changed for WAP to work.
    Were these phones active on Verizon and ported with their number to PPC or something? None of these should be working for data out of the box unless Verizon opened up access to all of their WAP proxies. All should work with voice, text(sms), and MMS out of the box and require the proxy server changed for other data to function.

Is it possible for you to get into the hidden menu on the env touch you set up yesterday and see what proxy it is pointing to? That would help greatly in figuring out why this would work in your phones.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Were these phones active on Verizon and ported with their number to PPC or something? None of these should be working for data out of the box unless Verizon opened up access to all of their WAP proxies. All should work with voice, text(sms), and MMS out of the box and require the proxy server changed for other data to function.

Is it possible for you to get into the hidden menu on the env touch you set up yesterday and see what proxy it is pointing to? That would help greatly in figuring out why this would work in your phones.

The phones were used on Verizon before, but the numbers weren't ported with the phone. Hopefully, I can get ahold of the enV Touch and check those settings. I'll probably get the Rogue before I see my friend again so I'll try it out first, and post those settings if they work with modification.

Feedback Score
    This should be the settings you'll need for the Rogue: Rogue WAP but it is in the exact same phone type as the env touch and voyager.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. I hear what you're saying.......the Voyager, Dare, enV3, etc all have HTML browsers so you'd think you wouldn't have to tweak anything. But on the other hand, they are "dumb" phones and they do have WAP configuration settings that can be changed so I've always been under the impression those settings need to be changed in order for the web browser to work on PP.

Please report back your experience when activating a Rogue.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'll have to do a reset to factory default on my env touch tonight and confirm the settings are back to verizon original and retry as well... I'm almost positive that I tried everything prior to changing all the wap settings, but that was a while ago. Also, not sure why all the users would be coming to hofo asking how to get their internet working if it was already functioning.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'll have to do a reset to factory default on my env touch tonight and confirm the settings are back to verizon original and retry as well... I'm almost positive that I tried everything prior to changing all the wap settings, but that was a while ago. Also, not sure why all the users would be coming to hofo asking how to get their internet working if it was already functioning.
    I just don't see how it can work since the default WAP settings are pointing to VZW servers which aren't accessible when on Page Plus.

Feedback Score
    Yeah. The piece I'm not clear on is why data would have to go through a WAP proxy if it has a html browser loaded(seems like html browser should be able to go directly to websites). It seems like the phones already have an IP address and can use data since they can already go grab MMS content out of the box, but I thought one of the reasons requiring a WAP change was because without it, I'm not sure what DNS the phone would use to resolve hostnames.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. The piece I'm not clear on is why data would have to go through a WAP proxy if it has a html browser loaded(seems like html browser should be able to go directly to websites). It seems like the phones already have an IP address and can use data since they can already go grab MMS content out of the box, but I thought one of the reasons requiring a WAP change was because without it, I'm not sure what DNS the phone would use to resolve hostnames.
    Likewise. I don't understand that either. Seems like an HTML browser shouldn't require a WAP proxy server.

Pretty sure the proxy server doesn't also act as a DNS server. I remember tethering my PC to my PP phone and checking out gateway and DNS IPs and they weren't the same as the proxy server(s).

Feedback Score
    Upon restoring to factory default, web no longer worked on my env touch. So unless we are missing something, there is no way(unless old settings in phone were somehow not wiped out in verizon's server initially) that the web should work on these dumphones out of the box.

Back to the original question/post... One way to not have to manually mess with settings to get it to work on Verizon would be to simply go into the "security" settings(Settings>Phone Settings>Security(use last 4 of phone number for password)>Press "Reset Default" and reset the phone to factory default.

Once I do that in my env touch, it tries to access all the original Verizon webpages(which are blocked).