First, what is the best android phone for general android questions (mail settings, apps, etc)?
I bought a new X10 today and so far it's ok. However, I have a couple of questions.
1. how can I type a comma? If I press the comma button, it always puts in a period. This is on the standard keyboard. The android keyboard seems to be a lot better
2. again, on the standard keyboard... It doesn't seem to autocorrect. For example, if I type "im", it stays that way instead of correctying to "I'm". I'm just exploring the different options even though it looks like the android keyboard is a lot better. I don't want to miss anything.
My new email doesn't seem to trigger a sound even though I have sounds enabled and have chosen a notification sound.
1. to get a comma you have to double tap the button on the standard keyboardOriginally Posted by shmish
2. the standard keyboard that SE included, i don't believe has auto correct as a function. your best bet for keyboards is to download the HTC_IME keyboard off of the XDA forum.
3. which e-mail are you using moxier or gmail?
if gmail make sure you go into the Gmail settings and set a ring tone for it, the general notification setting in the basic settings menu doesn't apply to gmail.
hope this helps