Thread: Samsung R450 Messenger Problem!

Feedback Score

Question Samsung R450 Messenger Problem!

I bought the MetroPCS Samsung R450 Messegner phone back in 08-09 can't remember the exact year and yesturday I used my phone quite a bit and today the battery was slowly going down and when I hooked up my phone to the USB cable it shut off.

I turned back on the phone and it kept making this weird screeching noises and would be on for a few seconds and then shut off again. This happened a few times when I left it off completely and turned it on and the screen would say 'Samsung" with the loading green line and it would keep repeating this message.

Now my phone is currently charging via the USB just fine but what is wrong with my phone?

Also is it true that MetroPCS phones only last 2 years?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    LG Optimus M 690
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Make sure you removed the sd memory card. and try charging with the home charger. to see if that powers it on.
    Unlimit Yourself...MetroPCS

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly666
    Also is it true that MetroPCS phones only last 2 years?
    I have replaced my Metro phones (3) all after 1 1/2 years each. I never dropped them or made any modifications, I am careful with charging them, etc. Not sure if my usage is the problem. I purchased my R450 at the end of February 2009 and have a Lifetime Call total of 250:22:18 (this number is considerably lower than the last phone's total as I now have a land line that I have mainly used for the last 10 months) and Lifetime Data Counter of 161780 KB.

The phone I had prior to that I owned for 1 year 8 months (but should have replaced it at 1-year as the battery would no longer hold a charge - even after replacing it with a factory one. I squeaked out another 8 months due to Metro not having any phones that I wanted) and it had a Lifetime Call Total of 469:48:21 with Total Data Sessions of 04:10:32.

Not sure if this is a lot of use and that is the problem, however, all phones have had battery issues after a year - never fails. I replaced the first and second batteries 3x and 1x respectively. I believed my R450 was beginning to show the same signs, but it seems to be fine now - although I will monitor it carefully.

The issue I have (and have had beginning just before the year mark with my R450) is the space bar. I have to press VERY hard for it to work so it is quite a pain to text.

Again, I take very good care of my phones. You would swear my phones are new if looking at them. The R450 has been in a protective case since it left the store.

Tina

Phones
    LG Optimus M 690
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    All phones have a battery life cycle of about 300. Pluging it up counts as 1 even connecting it to a pc. I always let my customers know its normal to replace a battery every 6-8 months. Even my friends who work at Tmo and ATT say the same and their users don't talk as heavy due to minute restrictions. Keep in my mind a good phone will last 3 -5 hours talk time before its dead. I hope your charging your phone only when its indicating low battery and removing it off charge as soon as it reads full as over charging kills the battery too. Also for any else reading this, Charging and talking is a no-no, using a charger made for another phone is a no-no.

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyprx09
    I always let my customers know its normal to replace a battery every 6-8 months.
    Wow! I had no idea that was the norm! I suppose my batteries have held up quite well then (minus the problem of replacing the battery with a brand new factory one and the same thing reoccurring 1-2 months down the line).

I hope your charging your phone only when its indicating low battery and removing it off charge as soon as it reads full as over charging kills the battery too.
    Yep. I only charge my phone when it gives the indication and always unplug it as soon as it says, "Charge Completed." However, my last phone made the claim that it could not overcharge (smart battery or something?) so I do admit that I would leave it plugged in and charging overnight and then unplug it upon waking. I did this often. Again, that may explain why the battery copped out the way it did, but not why after replacing it with a new one it lasted a month before beginning to drain within 10 minutes (seriously) of a full charge.

Also for any else reading this, Charging and talking is a no-no, using a charger made for another phone is a no-no.
    I always use the proper charger but have been very guilty (in the past) of talking while charging. I will take note and no longer do such a thing!

Thank you phillyprx09! This was full of great advice - especially for an issue that I have encountered repeatedly. Perhaps that is why my R450 is the one holding up the best - I have unknowingly followed most of the rules you touched upon with it.

Thanks again,

Tina