Thread: Weird text message happenings on my Rogers iPhone (not sure if it's iPhone specific).

Phones
    iPhone
    Blackberry Pearl
    SE W810i
    Carriers
    Rogers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Weird text message happenings on my Rogers iPhone (not sure if it's iPhone specific).

If this should be in the iPhone forum, sorry but I'm not sure if it's specific to the iPhone or if it's a Rogers issue. My phone is not jailbroken or unlocked and I've never had any problems before this. 2 nights ago I got a text from a friend that was 4 lines of gibberish (strange characters some of which look Japanese possibly). She swears her phone was off and there's no record of the text on her end. Okay very weird. Now tonight I sent a text to a different friend and immediately back on my phone I get a text that reads "1 message to 1780xxxxxxx succeeded" (the x's of course represent her phone number). Again this person says they didn't send this text and no record of it coming from their end (doesn't show up on their iPhone text conversation bubble). Anyone else having any similar issues? I haven't signed up for any of the new Extreme sms features and I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Thanks in advance!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination. And if you like cute stuff check out http://www.littleshopofbeauty.com (shameless plug) or follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/shopaholica/

Carriers
    Koodo
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It could quite possibly be a bug in Rogers' new "Extreme Text Messaging" ?
    Koodo Canada-Wide Super 6GB ($60):
    250 Weekday, Unlimited Incoming, Evenings/Weekends@ 5pm, Unlimited text & picture, VM & Caller ID

Phones
    iPad using PhoneIt-iPad
    iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken
    iPad with PhoneIt-iPad or VoIP
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Usually, you'll get a message saying "1 message (message here) to # succeeded." if you start you send a message to that person beginning with an exclamation mark.

Example:

If you send:
    !Hello, my dearest Ivanna B. Queen.

Then then the recipient will receive:
    Hello, my dearest Ivanna B. Queen.

Then you will immediately receive:
    1 message Hello, my to 1234567890 succeeded.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I think that's the message delivery confirmation text.

EDIT: Just tried it on my Magic to my wife's samsung propel, and I got a confirmation it was received by recipient right away.

EDIT 2: The confirmation looks like it comes from the person you sent to, as if they sent it. Does this mean it will come out of their bucket?
    ---

Anything I say is my own opinion based on speculation. It does not represent the views of my employer.

Carriers
    Rogers
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I put the ! in front of a message and got the reply.

I doubt the person on the other end is aware it happened and I doubt they get charged for using sending a message.