Thread: LG VX9100 Internet access

Phones
    LG ENV2
    MOTOROLA DROID
    Carrier
    VERUZIB
    Feedback Score

LG VX9100 Internet access

I am trying to get internet on Verizon LG VX9100 (ENV2) ported to pageplus. I followed the directions on the sticky "LG VX5500 another way" which says it covers 9100 as well. When I tried to get on internet, I got message to call *611 and was told that my data use was now enabled. Still does not work and get same message. PP says cannot help because they do not sell that phone and don't have code. Can anyone help?

Feedback Score
    Can you send and receive MMS(picture messages)?

Carrier
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    What is your username and password? I assume you put in your MIN (a 10-digit number - no need to post what it is) for the username and 'vzw' for the password, correct? Have you tried min as the password? Yes, I mean the three letters in bold. That works for me on my enV2.

You might also consider finding a different proxy to use than PPC's proxy. It's notorious for ignoring where you want to browse and dumping you on the MSN homepage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisamo
    What is your username and password? I assume you put in your MIN (a 10-digit number - no need to post what it is) for the username and 'vzw' for the password, correct? Have you tried min as the password? Yes, I mean the three letters in bold. That works for me on my enV2.

You might also consider finding a different proxy to use than PPC's proxy. It's notorious for ignoring where you want to browse and dumping you on the MSN homepage.
    You mean "min" as the username right? I haven't seen min work for password before.

Phones
    LG ENV2
    MOTOROLA DROID
    Carrier
    VERUZIB
    Feedback Score
    Picture message worked. By username and password, do mean entries in the parameter table?

Feedback Score
    yes. username should be "min" without the quotes or the 10 digit min number for your phone and the password should be set to vzw .

Carrier
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I meant "min" as the username. vzw as the password.

As for where to put them in on the phone:
    Open the flip; dial [Sym]3 [Sym]3 program9100 and press [send].
    Enter 000000 as access code.
    Choose 5 [WAP setting], then 4 [User Name] ("min"), then 5 [Password] ("vzw"). After entering the password, the phone will reboot, so make that change last. I'm presuming you've already changed the proxy address setting and ports, if needed (options 1 and 2).

Phones
    LG ENV2
    MOTOROLA DROID
    Carrier
    VERUZIB
    Feedback Score
    Fisamo,

Did what you instructed, but still get "dial *611 for internet access" message. Any other ideas?

Thanks to all for your help to this point.

Feedback Score
    What menu item are you picking that sends you to that message? IE you should be choosing something like browser etc... If you pick goto, search, verizon homepage etc they will NOT work since you aren't a Verizon customer.

Carrier
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kch3
    Fisamo,

Did what you instructed, but still get "dial *611 for internet access" message. Any other ideas?

Thanks to all for your help to this point.
    No offense intended here. At this point, though, it might be best if you post exactly what you've done so far, what values you've used for what settings, etc. That way, nobody's assuming (incorrectly) that you have or have not done any particular things that could be tripping you up.

Also, for giggles, can you report what firmware you're running on the phone? Look on the Settings & Tools menu, option 0 (phone info), selection for HW/SW Version.

I assume you see this message ('Dial *611') on your browser screen, right?

Phones
    LG ENV2
    MOTOROLA DROID
    Carrier
    VERUZIB
    Feedback Score

What I've done so far

Good Suggestion - Sequence of events follows:

1. Made changes to paramtable1.fil per instructions in sticky "LG VX5500 another way" in Howard Forums Wiki. Changed byte at addr 02 to 20 from 00. Changed gateway beginning at addr 2A1 to ppcgw1.vzreseller.com from gw.vzwwap.com and beginning at addr 2F2 to ppcgw2.vzreseller.com.
    2. I saved original paramtable1.
    3. Restarted phone and selected "MobileWeb". Saw VerizonWireless Mobile Web connecting screen for several moments. Screen then went to gray and message "For wireless internet services, please dial *611" . There are selections at bottom of screen to retry. All of this happened without any further action after selecting MobileWeb.
    4. I called *611 (ppc cust. services) and was told that my data and web had been authorized.
    5. Tried again and received same response as 3 above.
    6. Made changes suggested by FISAMO 5/14/2010 16:58 above.
    7. Restarted phone and had same result as 3 above.

I think that about sums it up. Again, thanks for your time and advice.

Phones
    LG ENV2
    MOTOROLA DROID
    Carrier
    VERUZIB
    Feedback Score
    May have confused you with saved paramtable1 step. I meant that I replaced paramtable1 with modified one. Used BitPim and VXI32 to make changes. Verified changes were made.

Phones
    LG ENV2
    MOTOROLA DROID
    Carrier
    VERUZIB
    Feedback Score
    Also, I forgot versions -

SW - VX910V04
    prl - PRL51831
    ERI - ERI4
    Browser - 6.2.3.2
    Media - 3.1.4.85
    AVR - mVoice 2.36.2
    MSVI - 12.0
    HW - Revision 1.1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kch3
    Good Suggestion - Sequence of events follows:

1. Made changes to paramtable1.fil per instructions in sticky "LG VX5500 another way" in Howard Forums Wiki. Changed byte at addr 02 to 20 from 00. Changed gateway beginning at addr 2A1 to ppcgw1.vzreseller.com from gw.vzwwap.com and beginning at addr 2F2 to ppcgw2.vzreseller.com.
    2. I saved original paramtable1.
    3. Restarted phone and selected "MobileWeb". Saw VerizonWireless Mobile Web connecting screen for several moments. Screen then went to gray and message "For wireless internet services, please dial *611" . There are selections at bottom of screen to retry. All of this happened without any further action after selecting MobileWeb.
    4. I called *611 (ppc cust. services) and was told that my data and web had been authorized.
    5. Tried again and received same response as 3 above.
    6. Made changes suggested by FISAMO 5/14/2010 16:58 above.
    7. Restarted phone and had same result as 3 above.

I think that about sums it up. Again, thanks for your time and advice.
    Did you typo the gateway info when you entered in the phone like you did above? It should be vzwreseller NOT vzreseller.

Use this method to check your settings and change them: LG WAP

Phones
    LG ENV2
    MOTOROLA DROID
    Carrier
    VERUZIB
    Feedback Score
    Good eye ncguy! That did it. Thanks!!!!!!!!