Phones
    SAM T404g
    MOT W490,Nokia 6030
    SE TM506,LG VX5600
    Carrier
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score

Safelink Phone models

I'm curious. I know safelink is run by Tracfone/Net10. The only phones I see are the basic MOT 175 and LG300g. Do they allow a user to get a different Tracfone model? What about replacements? Do they tell you to get another new Tracfone model of your choice or are certain phones"set up" for the service? What kind of Sim card do they use-the ATT or TMob one?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timdennis
    I'm curious. I know safelink is run by Tracfone/Net10. The only phones I see are the basic MOT 175 and LG300g. Do they allow a user to get a different Tracfone model? What about replacements? Do they tell you to get another new Tracfone model of your choice or are certain phones"set up" for the service? What kind of Sim card do they use-the ATT or TMob one?
    A relative received the LG300 with AT&T SIM (in the GSM5AT market). They allow upgrades (Tracfones only, never Net10). Safelink is basically Tracfone with a special refill program. If you loose eligibility it converts to a regular Tracfone.

Answers to all your questions can be found in Safelink T&C. Click on the T&C link at the bottom of this page: https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/home.aspx

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Safelink sends out the cheapest phones they have. If you want a different phone, you may buy it (as long as it is a Tracfone) and they will activate it on Safelink, you need to call them to confirm (Tracfone changes policies on the fly and without notification) and apply in order for them to do this. Activation is not immediate doing it this way. They were even giving extra minutes to people to not have to provide a phone.