Thread: DMTS or Tbaytel??

Feedback Score

DMTS or Tbaytel??

I am currently a customer with DMTS. I cant say I am impressed with their current service. Dropped calls in the city, delayed texts, texts that dont show up, poor coverage area, data service is slow, when it works. I was wondering if anyone had experience with Tbaytel in the Dryden area? Is the grass greener over there?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, DMTS is essentially 'new', and limited in where it is deployed, and is GSM only.

DMTS: Dryden and surrounding area 'new' on GSM / GPRS/EDGE

TBayTel: Currently covers Kenora -> Sault Ste. Marie (similar 'coverage' locations as DMTS), currently running on CDMA 1x, EVDO in TBay?. TBayTel has an arrangement to build 3G (HSPA+?) with Rogers from Kenora to Sault Ste. Marie.

Personally, I'd pick TBaytel for area covered, and use CDMA in NW Ontario until they complete HSPA buildout.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    formercanuck is right, dmts is relatively new so problems can't be avoided. If I were you, shift to a more established telecommunications service so you get your money's worth.

Feedback Score
    I am a Rogers Subscriber and to find DMTS and to be able to use my phone here and on my current plan is great - yes the data is slow but it seems the SMS messaging is sorted although there is no picture messaging.

Unless you have a "throw away" cdma phone stick with an unlocked GSM phone and thumb your nose at contracts and being controlled.

The only thing keeping with Rogers right now is the data package $30 for 6 gig and the ability to tether.

Best deal out there right now is Solo cheap long distance and unlimited international SMS and no contracts - I have kissed Bell good bye and switched both my kids over to SOLO -- Solo -- ya I know same company -- the one draw back is the HSPA coverage but it's coming - I have to wonder how much the I-Phone had with Bell and Telus crossing over -- now all we have to do is eliminate long distance tariffs on mobile networks in Canada -- it boggles my mind to see how they gouge use with this ploy -- it's a total rip off and 100% profit for them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What kind of coverage are you getting up there with DMTS ?
    Personally, I don't care what carrier covers the gap between Kenora and Sault Ste Marie... as long as it supports GSM or better.