Thread: Prepaid number to add onto a family account

Device(s)
    Comet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Question Prepaid number to add onto a family account

I have a family member that is on prepaid right now, and I want to put him onto my family plan.
    Is this possible?
    Does both parties need to be present?
    We do not need new phone(s).
    Two CS reps were quick to answer, 'no, but let me start a new contract for you (and get some extra commission from it)' before I could even finish the question.

Feedback Score
    You shouldn't need agree to a contract to simply move from prepaid to postpaid even if the line is joining a family plan; just imagine how many people get scammed like that every day and then you still have people defending these companies.

Do it in store, with both parties present just to be sure and clearly let the rep know that you have no intention to sign a contract. (Actually to freak them out, ask for the store number and their employee ID before you start doing anything )

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG
    Do it in store, with both parties present just to be sure and clearly let the rep know that you have no intention to sign a contract. (Actually to freak them out, ask for the store number and their employee ID before you start doing anything )
    Or wait until they tell you "no" before you finish the question, then ask for their ID and see if they let you finish the question instead.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG
    Yep. Threaten the employee you're asking to assist you.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can. Just know to password on their account and security code. They will also send you a check in the mail if you have any money left over.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    You don't add people to a family plan, you add phone numbers. I doesn't matter who the new number is for, even a second one for you so there is no need for anyone other than the account holder, person responsible for the bill, to be present. Remember that you will be responsible for their bill, not them.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have done this, though it was not as easy as it should be. It's almost like VZ Prepaid is a different company and they can't instantly transfer stuff to regular VZ. Go to a corporate store is your best bet since they don't absolutely live on commissions like third party dealer stores do.

Like Tigger said, the account owner of the postpaid account is the key person responsible. If they have the prepaid account's passcode and other details (name (if ever registered) address, etc.) they should be able to order the port without the prepaid customer actually being there.

Any leftover balance on the prepaid account will get credited to the postpaid account and count toward the next bill.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Remember when you port, you will need to do *228 option 1 teh next day or at midnight (12:01). That is when prepaid ports will go threw.