Thread: How To Reflash/Brand Back To Verizon?

Phones
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    HTC Mogul, Titan, PPC-6800
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score

How To Reflash/Brand Back To Verizon?

I've got a Samsung i760 and I need to get it reflashed or rebranded back to Verizon's services and settings..

How can I do this? Would a local official Verizon store do this for me?

Thanks

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH if you take your phone into a store and ask them to reflash your phone to stock they will look at you and tell you right there you just voided your warranty or any luck trying to get a new phone.

| Carrier: Verizon | Rom: CyanogenMod 6.1.0-Inc |
    | Kernal: Ziggy471Kernel | BaseBand:2.15.00.09.01 |

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho_maniac
    HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH if you take your phone into a store and ask them to reflash your phone to stock they will look at you and tell you right there you just voided your warranty or any luck trying to get a new phone.
    Then how can I get it rebranded? I don't have Verizon, I have 2 of the phones one is branded to Verizon and the other is flashed to metroPCS... Could making a backup of the Verizon branded phone and loading the backup into the metroPCS phone work?

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Running the Windows Mobile 6.1 update tool for the i760 or performing a hard reset should reset your settings to defaults.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous9200
    Running the Windows Mobile 6.1 update tool for the i760 or performing a hard reset should reset your settings to defaults.
    I've done a hard reset several times on the unbranded phone and it always restores it back to the settings that were made when it was flashed to metroPCS.

I might try the the update utility and see what happens..
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 05-19-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I've heard the hard reset on the 760 doesn't reset everything back to stock. A bit weird if you ask me since that is the whole point of a hard reset.
    Samsung's page said the update tool will not run if you've already installed the 6.1 update, but I've run them on the Omnia multiple times and they still work.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Funny the people who've flashed both my i760 and Mogul to metroPCS must know what they were doing, cause everytime I done a hard reset to the mogul it never set it back to Qwest's settings either..

Yea I was discussing this over at SmartPhoneJunkie forums and they said to update it too, hopefully it will let me load the newest 6.1 update to the already 6.1 phone in quest it's only at BD14 as for the new i760 I updated it last night from 6 to 6.1 and it's at BJ10.. One would think they'd allow you to update any version, since the built in Windows Update doesn't always work and most people wouldn't wanna waste their data allowance on updating their phone..

Feedback Score
    HI n1nj4Lo - I have the verizon samsung i760 and would like to flash it to metro pcs. Would you be kind enough to let me know who flashed them over? I am having such a hard time finding a place to flash this phone to Metro Pcs. I really appreciate the assistance.

littlebeya

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebeya View Post
    HI n1nj4Lo - I have the verizon samsung i760 and would like to flash it to metro pcs. Would you be kind enough to let me know who flashed them over? I am having such a hard time finding a place to flash this phone to Metro Pcs. I really appreciate the assistance.

littlebeya
    Any store should be able to flash it now.. It's on the Houdini supported list... But ya won't get internet and mms, I tried everything to get that and the guy said he wasn't able to get it working cause everytime after setting it to metroPCS's settings it would automatically revert and go back to Verizon's setting..

I'd flash it to PagePlus Cellular, all ya need to do is buy an airtime card then call their 1-800 number and tell them ya want to activate and port your number over then give them i760's esn number the wait an hour or so and dial the programming code... Then you've got working internet and mms for 39.95 to 45.95 a month, unlimited talk and text, they're in the works of getting unlimited into that should be here around christmas.
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 07-20-2010 at 01:15 AM.