Thread: Unlock Sim on HTC Touch Pro 2?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score

Unlock Sim on HTC Touch Pro 2?

I have just purchased a Touch Pro 2 locked to T-Mobile. I would like to unlock sim. I already have Hard SPL .85 Olinex on it. Would the Sim Unlock for Universal work? I have searched forums and internet for days and no luck. My last phone was a CDMA Mogul and I am newbie to GSM Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Have you gone to XDA Developers under the GSM TP2? They have a thread on doing an unlock to the Sim. It isn't free but they have a way to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=555339

Feedback Score
    The best pocket pc phone of the world!. It's true!! Small, nice, very functional..... it's perfect. I added a 2GB micro sd and include some necessary programs (schedule, finance, web pages, etc). Wireless is OK!

Feedback Score
    You can unlock your mobile by getting unlock codes from the website mobileunlocksolutions.com for reliable cost.Give the required details in the website and get the unlock code.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Aliant Mobility
    Feedback Score

Halifax

I took a look at mobileunlocksolutions.com, and gave my model details.... $68.23 USD!

The AdChoices listings on the page, though, suggested I should be able to find it for less.
    Instant Unlock Code $1.99 www.simunlocking.com
    Unlock Any Phone Instantly Online Use Any Network. PayPal Verified
    There was also a listing for free unlocking services.

The local Telus people don't seem to know about locks, and are quite puzzled, because the SIM cards that work in their phones makes my phone ask for a lock code. While there's no annoying Telus badge on the case, the phone is from Telus, it boots with Telus logos, and the box is pure Telus branding.

Add to that the myriad of devices that go by the Rhodium / Touch Pro 2 name, but all with different frequency bands and protocol alphabet soup (CDMA, HSPA, UMTS, EVDO, GSM, EDGE, LMNOP :-) it's way too easy to get confused.

So, is some version of the TP2 the closest thing we can get to a works-on-em-all phone, and is this really the best answer to my headache of getting service near the fringe of HSPA/CDMA land, where there's some overlap, and both have different coverage gaps?

If it's just a matter of entering the same 6-digit lock code as the CDMA side needed for NAM Programming, I will be sooooo peeved and relieved. Could it be that easy?
    Last edited by Colin Pye; 06-21-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Added information on phone carrier