Thread: How much to add 2nd phone to your plan?

Phones
    Milestone
    V3c
    M55
    Carriers
    1. Telus Mobility EPP $17.30
    Feedback Score

How much to add 2nd phone to your plan?

Is this even possible? I rmb before there was an option for it but I just looked on the website and wasn't able to find it.

I was thinking of just adding a second phone to my plan, instead of going prepaid for a second phone that will be used several weeks of the year. Can I add and remove that second phone at will?

Or would it just be easier to keep them separate and do prepaid?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, Telus used to have Share plans which allowed you to pool minutes as long as each phone had a Share plan of at least $20. They got rid of that, but now all their Clear Choice plans allow unlimited nationwide minutes between handsets on the same billing account.

More info on the removal of Share plans: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1642287

What is your intention with this? Is someone else going to be using the second handset, or do you want a second one for your own uses occasionally?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3/SW USB AC319U aircard+cradlepoint router
    -> Samsung A540 -> Moto Razr V3C -> BB 7130e -> BB 8830 -> BB 9630 -> Galaxy S3
    Sony CM-B1207 Clearnet PCS -> Sanyo 4000 -> Nokia 6188 ->
    Carriers
    Telus Mobility/ "Tablet 5" + 2 "Share 30 Faves"
    Feedback Score
    To activate another phone on your existing account you just login at:
    www.telusmobility.com/youraccount
    after logging in on the first screen in the bottom right side is a link that says "Activate another phone or internet key"
    Click on this and follow along.

There is an activation fee charged of $10 to do this online or $35 if you phone in. You may get the activation fee waived when phoning in if you agree to a contract. They want you to give them 30 days notice to cancel. I don't think their system enforces the 30 day rule though because sometimes reps will do it right away or at the end of your current billing cycle instead of on 30 days notice but plan ahead. I believe activating on prepaid is also $10.

For low usage prepaid is better, it includes call display and voicemail too.
    Clearnet Digital PCS

We think everyone should be able to afford a wireless phone. That's why we were the first wireless company in North America to offer pay-by-the-second airtime, and why we don't charge an activation fee. NO scary contract to sign. Immediate national coverage. And a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Yes, it's finally time to get a wireless phone.
    f u t u r e . f r i e n d l y™

Best viewed with Netscape 3.0 at 800 x 600 resolution.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actng
    Is this even possible? I rmb before there was an option for it but I just looked on the website and wasn't able to find it.

I was thinking of just adding a second phone to my plan, instead of going prepaid for a second phone that will be used several weeks of the year. Can I add and remove that second phone at will?

Or would it just be easier to keep them separate and do prepaid?

Did you like most people think that activating a second line on a Family plan or share plan is 2 for 1, FYI its not you just paid twice as much and could call each other on share or family plan on your account for free, now what they did is all regular plan incld that feature so if you add a second line you would get unlimited nationwide calling and its not 2 for 1 and has never been that way.
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    HTC Desire
    Optimus Black
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873
    Did you like most people think that activating a second line on a Family plan or share plan is 2 for 1, FYI its not you just paid twice as much and could call each other on share or family plan on your account for free, now what they did is all regular plan incld that feature so if you add a second line you would get unlimited nationwide calling and its not 2 for 1 and has never been that way.
    I don't think that's what he thought. One of the examples I can think of right now that relates to what I think he meant is with some of Bell's old plans. If you had certain plans, you could add another line for ~$15.

On Voice plans, if you activate just one, it has to be $25+. If you activate 2 or more, it can be $20. Like if you already had Voice + Data 60, and wanted to add another line, the minimum would be $20, not $25 as if you were activating one line on a new account.

I hope that made sense.

Phones
    Milestone
    V3c
    M55
    Carriers
    1. Telus Mobility EPP $17.30
    Feedback Score
    i was hoping i can just activate a second phone on my (non-share, non-clear choice) plan and lend that phone to my visitors from out of town. instead of buying prepaid credits.

but it sounds like prepaid is the way to go.