Thread: UMA calling uses minutes?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

UMA calling uses minutes?

I've got a blackberry curve 8330, and I can't find any solid answers on this. Does using UMA calling take up your minutes?

Feedback Score
    It does if you don't have the 9.99 feature.

Feedback Score
    I use UMA at home all the time and to tell you the truth I dont the answer myself, but please let me know if you find out and I will do the same.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by janus zeal
    I've got a blackberry curve 8330, and I can't find any solid answers on this. Does using UMA calling take up your minutes?

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/BlackB...ry/ta-p/297171

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unisorb
    I use UMA at home all the time and to tell you the truth I dont the answer myself, but please let me know if you find out and I will do the same.
    This was answered above. It uses your minutes as though you were connected to a cell tower. If you have free nites and weekends, then those calls on UMA are also free. If you have the old $10/mo unlimited UMA calling pkg. - then all UMA calls are "free".

...mike
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler
    This was answered above. It uses your minutes as though you were connected to a cell tower. If you have free nites and weekends, then those calls on UMA are also free. If you have the old $10/mo unlimited UMA calling pkg. - then all UMA calls are "free".

...mike

How about mobile-to-mobile? I looked on my usage on My T-Mobile and it shows U (for UMA) for those calls. Are UMA mobile-to-mobile minutes counted against the bucket or free?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsx
    How about mobile-to-mobile? I looked on my usage on My T-Mobile and it shows U (for UMA) for those calls. Are UMA mobile-to-mobile minutes counted against the bucket or free?

Thanks.
    UMA M2M calls are free.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    To summarize, without the $9.99 Hotspot Calling feature:

UMA mirrors T-Mobile USA's cellular network.

- Any call that will use from your minutes on the T-Mobile network will also use minutes on UMA.
    - Any call that doesn't use any minutes on the T-Mobile network will not use minutes on UMA.
    - Any call that incurs additional charges (international calls) while on the T-Mobile network, will also incur those charges if done via UMA.

With the $9.99 Hotspot Calling feature, UMA calls will not use from your minutes no matter what, though international calls will still incur their associated charges.

Feedback Score
    I wonder what time-zone the hours of unlimited nights and weekends is based on for wi-fi calling since use of UMA isn't a location-registered interface. I'm guessing the time zone of my home area code?
    My evolution: Morse code key->Qualcomm 860->2760->Mot Accompli 008->009->mpx200->mpx220->Samsung i607 BJ I->i617 BJ II->i637 BJ III->Nokia E72->E73 ->E6->Mot NEXUS 6

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    As I recall, when UMA first came out several years ago, the timing of the calls was Central Time zone. I was a beta tester and used it in both Ca. and Fl. I think my Ca UMA calls were billed as local, BUT I was billed for Fl. originated UMA calls as tough I was roaming. (I was on a local regional plan. Of course TM removed those charges.
    Easy way to check would be to make a UMA call and see what time is indicated. I have been on unlimited calling for some time, so I don't care. We use UMA when overseas as well. I'll try and remember to see the time stamp on those calls next time.