Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Xtreme MB810 (Shadow) Pre-Release Thread Part 2 - Information Only

Phones
    Motorola MB810
    BB 9530
    LG VX10000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston25
    So much on the Shadow release date, and I wouldn't say it is set yet. People are working like crazy to get it out, it is pretty tense.
    Lets just say that delaying a phone at Motorola now is a massive deal that had better have a real good reason for.

Oh, and when a phone is delayed everyone works double time to pull that date back in. It is a big deal.
    Go Team Motorola!! FTW!!!

Phones
    Blackberry Storm (9530)
    Blackberry 8830 WE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston25
    So much on the Shadow release date, and I wouldn't say it is set yet. People are working like crazy to get it out, it is pretty tense.
    Lets just say that delaying a phone at Motorola now is a massive deal that had better have a real good reason for.

Oh, and when a phone is delayed everyone works double time to pull that date back in. It is a big deal.
    Is that in special thanks to the WSJ at all?

Phones
    Droid X
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyys
    Is that in special thanks to the WSJ at all?
    I think a lot of it has to do with the business model of Motorola. They are planning to split into two companies and focus more on smart phone development (basically info just from WSJ article).

However, the key thing to remember that it is not another Verizon phone that is being released early, it is a directly competitor for the Incredible. What may make this a win win for a consumers is that HTC and Motorola will want to push out these phones to capitalize to maintain or increase their market share.
    October 15, 2010
    October 15, 2011
    July 15, 2012

Phones
    Blackberry Storm (9530)
    Blackberry 8830 WE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy711styl
    I think a lot of it has to do with the business model of Motorola. They are planning to split into two companies and focus more on smart phone development (basically info just from WSJ article).

However, the key thing to remember that it is not another Verizon phone that is being released early, it is a directly competitor for the Incredible. What may make this a win win for a consumers is that HTC and Motorola will want to push out these phones to capitalize to maintain or increase their market share.
    I understand that. Was more asking that if now that the WSJ has unofficially set the deadline for Moto, does this put any more pressure on the dev teams? Even if they had planned to release in July, does WSJ basically declaring that the phones will be coming out in July take away slack for missing the deadline?

Wasn't sure if anyone works for Moto directly. I'm curious how much influence an article like this has on phone developers. But I'm worried if this might be going too off topic.

Phones
    Moto Droid
    Moto W755
    LG VX8000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston25 View Post

Nice to see that it's now in the Verizon inventory system, but it's only list by a model number, whereas the Droid 2 is actually listed as Droid 2 (and model number).

Is Shadow the final release name? Some speculation that it will be named Xtreme instead.

Phone
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm extremely sad that people are still calling the Shadow the Droid 2.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Phone
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lb1878 View Post
    I wish these informational threads were more heavily moderated to eliminate these bogus posts so the information can be more easily understandable and read. Still love the information but reading nearly 100 pages is quite cumbersome.
    Best you can do is report posts that stray off topic and ask repeat questions and hope that a good moderator will actually clean the thread up.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperitas View Post
    Personally, I'm with July...you never know who these people are that post these "leaks" and what their motivations are. It's obvious the boards are used to promote their products...Hard for me to believe motorola is going to sit back and watch htc kick *** when they are giving everything they got to get back in the game.

I hope to see the shadow in july so I can decide between it and the inc. I hope motorola makes a change on this shadow and the design is more towards the inc type than the droid when seen/held in person.
    A July target makes a lot of sense to fight for. There are a LOT of people that bought the Storm 1 that have their NE2 expiring in late July. I'm not sure how many people won't wait a few weeks for a new phone, but it can't hurt to have the phone available on that date.

Feedback Score
    The motivation to release the phone is driven by one thing: $$$$! Motorola wants to be out there with the best phone. Right now, HTC has them beat by a wide margin at three carriers.

Then there are the Carriers themselves. The sale of a phone locks up a client for a year. Maybe two. This is the first time I considered switching from VZ in 10 years. Its because they will have the best device on the market now (IMHO) the EVO.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DestinationMoon View Post
    The motivation to release the phone is driven by one thing: $$$$! Motorola wants to be out there with the best phone. Right now, HTC has them beat by a wide margin at three carriers.

Then there are the Carriers themselves. The sale of a phone locks up a client for a year. Maybe two. This is the first time I considered switching from VZ in 10 years. Its because they will have the best device on the market now (IMHO) the EVO.
    Most people in the know never switch or pick a carrier based on the phone selection, at least not me. Sprint may have the best phone coming out in the EVO, but their coverage sucks. The Incredible is a fantastic phone. I'm not sure even if Sprint did have coverage near me I would switch. The Incredible is plenty big enough. My pockets are only so big.

Phones
    N79-3 (White)
    e61i
    V3XX (work)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RYOBI View Post
    Most people in the know never switch or pick a carrier based on the phone selection, at least not me. Sprint may have the best phone coming out in the EVO, but their coverage sucks. The Incredible is a fantastic phone. I'm not sure even if Sprint did have coverage near me I would switch. The Incredible is plenty big enough. My pockets are only so big.
    This is exactly the way I feel. The "new gadget" part of my brain says get the EVO. But logic dictates that the Incredible is the phone for me right now for the reasons above.

Phones
    Moto X Developer
    On my 24th Motorola phone now. Too many to count.
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog69 View Post
    Any word on the battery?
    A picture says a thousand words.

Feedback Score
    Wish I knew if that was a good battery or not

Phone
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1500 is an okay battery size. I was expecting 1750 though. Provided that the battery can last all day with some mild usage, it should be alright.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell View Post
    A picture says a thousand words.
    Interesting...

Seems to be right in between the stock HTC Incredible battery (@1300 mAh)
    and some of the "questionably" better aftermarket batteries (@1750 mAh).

Of course, that has absolutely no bearing or significance -- as this is a completely different phone.

Never-the-less...interesting.

Thanks for the photo.

Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 83 ... LastLast