Thread: Training & some questions from a new hire

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Training & some questions from a new hire

Hey Guys,

I just got the e-mail informing me that I am officially hired as a sales rep for AT&T (after waiting 2 weeks for HireRite to finish researching my whole life ).

I have to attend training in Conyers, GA for 3 weeks in between June 7th and July 2nd. This is about 3 1/2 hours from my house. Does anyone know if AT&T covers the expenses, like hotel and fuel? And what kind of stuff goes on during the training hours? My manager is suppose to contact me closer to my start date but I need to get the money situation figured out in case it will cost me out of pocket.

Also, I know this is probably asked a lot, but what phone are they giving new employees? I am working in Charlotte, NC if that matters.

Thanks for any help!

-John
    Last edited by floridagator727; 05-25-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That long of a commute might result in them putting you up in a hotel, but perhaps not. And you'll likely be issued a Bold 9000, although possibly an iPhone or 9700.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the information ant1pathy, they did tell me that I will be staying in a hotel.

I am also curious to know what to expect with the training process, is it laid back ect..

Also curious to know why they give you such high end phones to use and why do you get to choose which phone you use?

Feedback Score
    I jus started training a week ago and my training is very laid we mix in the training with games occasionally, lots of jokes, and sports talk very cool training environment. Not to say ur training will be the same it may all jus depend on ur instructor. I got the Iphone for my cou yesterday sum got the 9000 while I think two people got the 9700 it all depends on your manager at your store because thats who ordered mine, also you will get your at&t work shirts in the first week. Lastly the only thing that sucks about training is the learning solutions part a web based training that you have to do everyday several times a day to go over everything at&t and yes there will be a quiz after every web based training and u have to get a 90% or above to pass which means you can only get 1 question wrong. The good thing tho is you can take it as many times as you want until you pass.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bump, any other tips or info anyone can shed on this situation?

Maybe someone has had experience with the Conyers, GA training location?

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by floridagator727
    Bump, any other tips or info anyone can shed on this situation?

Maybe someone has had experience with the Conyers, GA training location?
    i am going into training june 7th as well up here in ny...i was told we will be getting an email of what and where to report to exactly...i was also told that we would get contacted for uniform sizing etc...can anyone shed some light on this if i haven't received anything about these things? thanks...

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JL44516
    i am going into training june 7th as well up here in ny...i was told we will be getting an email of what and where to report to exactly...i was also told that we would get contacted for uniform sizing etc...can anyone shed some light on this if i haven't received anything about these things? thanks...
    I received an email and a phone call from my store manager and local regional hiring manager.

But I am still looking for a little my info on some of the aforementioned questions.

HELP OUT SOME AT&T NEWBS HERE!

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    at&t wireless
    Feedback Score
    haha i could use some more info myself...all i got is that someone will be calling you within this next week to ask your shirt sizes etc...

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I am at the hotel now, starting the training at 10am tomorrow morning. Pretty excited to get this party started.