Thread: Lost Net10 Phone

Carriers
    Telus HSPA, Rogers HSPA ($50 unlimited)
    Feedback Score

Lost Net10 Phone

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can provide some peace of mind on a problem I have.

I live in Canada but have kept a Net10 phone active by paying the $15 per month for easy minutes and then every month I sign in to the website and enter the code to add the minutes. I had approx 2000 minutes left.

This month I went looking for my Net10 phone and can not find it anywhere, I have a feeling one of my kids took it outside to "play" with it.

I have phoned Net10 and they have cancelled it and confirmed that my last easy minutes transaction never got deposited on the phone. She told me that if I purchase a new Net10 phone on my next trip state side that they will be able to activate it with the same phone number and also I would get my minutes back. I asked how many minutes I had and she could not confirm and told me a special department would take care of that once I purchased a new phone.

She did not seem very knowledgeable but I am hopefully she is right and that I won't lose $200 worth of airtime.

Any comments?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cgartly
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can provide some peace of mind on a problem I have.

I live in Canada but have kept a Net10 phone active by paying the $15 per month for easy minutes and then every month I sign in to the website and enter the code to add the minutes. I had approx 2000 minutes left.

This month I went looking for my Net10 phone and can not find it anywhere, I have a feeling one of my kids took it outside to "play" with it.

I have phoned Net10 and they have cancelled it and confirmed that my last easy minutes transaction never got deposited on the phone. She told me that if I purchase a new Net10 phone on my next trip state side that they will be able to activate it with the same phone number and also I would get my minutes back. I asked how many minutes I had and she could not confirm and told me a special department would take care of that once I purchased a new phone.

She did not seem very knowledgeable but I am hopefully she is right and that I won't lose $200 worth of airtime.

Any comments?
    All they have easy access to is your remaining DAYS of service. To varify exactly how many MINUTES you have remaining on the phone they have to go to the phones service providers records (AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon etc.) and see how much of what you added has been used. It may take days or weeks to sort thru the providers records, so you might not want to wait till you need to use the phone to get them started on varifying the minutes.