Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Feedback Score

Incoming calls go straight to voicemail

I've gotten myself Motorola Droid and I've been testing Page Plus for a while now. I already got T-Mobile prepaid phone, but I wanted to try Page Plus because it's cheaper in the long run and because it has better coverage. I camped last week and everybody with GSM phones (read ATT/T-Mobile) had spotty or no service, yet Verizon/Sprint phones had no problems. Heck, even on interstate going home I had weak signal with T-Mobile while Page Plus always showed at least two bars.

Anyway, so far as I've been mainly testing by making outgoing calls because I didn't want to give out new number yet. Couple of days ago while testing incoming calls I noticed to my horror that a lot of my incoming calls go straight to voicemail and I don't get any kind of notification on my phone that I missed a call. Even if I go check call records from Page Plus account webpage those calls still do not show up. It's like those calls are gone into some huge void, it's like they were never made. Some calls go through, but a lot of them do not. So far I haven't been able to find a pattern to these missed calls. The only pattern I kind of see is that if I turn off my phone and turn it on, incoming call is a lot more likely to go straight to voicemail. After I make an outgoing call it's more likely to get picked up by my Page Plus phone, but it can still go to voicemail.

It's a very frustrating experience because I really like the Droid phone and I do like better coverage with Page Plus in rural areas, but I can't use the phone if it keeps missing incoming calls and I do not want to carry two phones with me all the time one to make outgoing calls and one to make incoming ones, that's just crazy.

Before I go ahead and call Page Plus customer service does anyone have any insight, suggestions, things I could try or advice on this problem? Thanks.

Phones
    LG Rumor2 PagePlus
    Samsung Exclaim Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried the usuals?

PRL Update?

(*228 option 2)

Feedback Score
    Just tried it, no go. Anything else I should try? Or any other clues on the situation?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Maybe contact a dealer to do an ESN reset? A list of Dealers can be found in a sticky here on this forum.
    Click here to find out how to buy discounted PagePlus Refills from a Howardforums approved advertiser!

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    Sigh, just done this too, didn't help. I suppose since nobody can answer next stop is customer service.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Maybe a number change would fix the issue?

Phones
    LG Rumor2 PagePlus
    Samsung Exclaim Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit
    Sigh, just done this too, didn't help. I suppose since nobody can answer next stop is customer service.
    Some folks have said that when their phone was activated it had call forwarding on. This wouldn't explain the problem with no log tho.

Call PP. There is a thread that states how to avoid waiting for CS. Give that a try. (Its a website that calls for you)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Maybe a number change would fix the issue?
    Already did that two days ago when I changed number from what was assigned to me automatically to a one with my local area code. Like my new number better, but the problem still remains.

Phones
    iPhone
    TMobile 4G
    Carriers
    *Unlimited PrePaid Services
    Page Plus-4G
    Feedback Score
    Try a manual program, also you could try to do an esn change and change it back to the Droid.
    Please before you pm me find your way to the search button found here or google.

Carrier
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Given what you've tried already, would you consider changing handsets (temporarily) to see if that resolves your issue? I'd recommend switching to a dumbphone that PPC would be more likely to support if you need to call CS over the issue. I know--that means you'd need to have the 'other' handset available and be willing to go without your Droid for a little while, and my suggestion is kind of grasping-at-straws, but what would it hurt?

Feedback Score
    Try dialing *73 and press send.

Feedback Score
    this happened to me before when i first portes they had a filler phone number in had to call and they changed it to my number i was able to call out and text but no one could call or text me with the filler number in place

Phone
    omnia i910
    Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    this is happening to me also i have an omnia 910. i can get it to go threw only when i call out and then wait and it will start to recieve calls again for a little while and then go back to doing it again. this **** sucks anyone with any ideas ???

Phone
    Razr V3m
    Feedback Score
    I too am having the same problem. It seems to have occurred recently - within the past 3 months, I'd estimate; and I've had the same Razor w/ same number on PP for almost two years

Feedback Score
    Everyone that is having this issue... call CSR from a different phone... and have them do this

Call PPC CSR and have them do this

Turn Data Off/On
    Turn WAP Off/On
    Turn Call Forwarding Off/On
    Change the Outgoing Call Message On/Off (mention it is located in WCCT (More info page) as some might not know wtf you are talking about)

Turn phone off and back on - make test call OUT

This should fix the issue. (most times it does)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast