Thread: Samsung Reality: how do I put MP3 ringtone without sending it as text message?

Feedback Score

Samsung Reality: how do I put MP3 ringtone without sending it as text message?

Samsung Reality: how do I put MP3 ringtone without sending it as text message?

Phones
    Samsung Droid Charge (SCH-i510); Samsung Reality(SCH u820)
    Samsung Glyde (SCH u940)
    Samsung Flip-Shot (SCH u900)
    Carriers
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    connect the phone to your pc via the cable, goto "Tools & Settings" -> "Tools" -> "USB Mass Storage"

Your PC should recognize the phone as a mass storage device with several folders (including ring tones), and then you can drag and drop your ring tones accordingly.
    "You can observe a lot by watching" --Yogi Berra

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcohen23
    connect the phone to your pc via the cable, goto "Tools & Settings" -> "Tools" -> "USB Mass Storage"

Your PC should recognize the phone as a mass storage device with several folders (including ring tones), and then you can drag and drop your ring tones accordingly.
    thanks! I jsut tried that. Copied over several MP3 ringtons(which worked fine in my other phones) to my new Samsung Reality. Once inside the ringtone folder, I disconnected the cable and restarted the phone. When the phone powered back on, the ringtones don't show up. However, the phone does show about 1MB of data inside the ringtone folder.

I also tried sending the MP3 via xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzwpix.com and it does allow me to save that as ringtone. unfortunately, they sounded awful.... when I connected the phone to my PC again to look at the MP3, it appears that VZW had down-converted my original MP3... (the original was
    only 200kb, encoded at 64kbps bitrate)

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Motorola Droid A855
    Palm Pixi Plus (backup/fun)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You shouldn't have to power cycle the phone to get the ringtone to show up.

Try renaming the folder to my_ringtone. I was trying to put some on my friends Chocolate Touch and had the same problem with it not showing up in a folder called ringtone. She already had folder like my_ringtones on the card so I put it in there and volia it poped up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorcancer View Post
    You shouldn't have to power cycle the phone to get the ringtone to show up.

Try renaming the folder to my_ringtone. I was trying to put some on my friends Chocolate Touch and had the same problem with it not showing up in a folder called ringtone. She already had folder like my_ringtones on the card so I put it in there and volia it poped up.
    I tried this, except I don't seem to have the folder my_ringtones or anything like that. What should I be looking for? Note I already have music on there and that downloaded all well and good.

Feedback Score
    How do you get the ringtone onto the phone itself? I have the my_ringtone folder on my micro SD card, and I already have the sons on there. But it's not showing up on the actual phone.