Thread: Reconditioned Samsung R451c on StraightTalk.com! All You Need+ Phone just $109.99

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Reconditioned Samsung R451c on StraightTalk.com! All You Need+ Phone just $109.99

Hi Guys! I figured this deserved a thread of its own. ST has seemed to have reconditioned combos of the r451c. The phone and all you need plan is $109.99 instead of $129.99, and the unlimited plan plus phone is $124.99 instead of $144.99. I would assume the phone is $79.99.

Great buy IMO.

Happy Shopping!!
    Last edited by cherry33778; 05-30-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Update

Feedback Score

Bad Buy- Don't by Reconditioned Phones from Straight Talk!!!

I bought 2 R451C reconditioned phones from Straight Talk and after spending a total of 4.5 hours on the phone with them trying to activate both of them it was determined I had to return the phones because each were defective. Lucky for me I had a year old R451C and was able to reactivate that phone to at least have service.
    The support for Straight Talk is bad at best. They are all foreign operators and doing the same exact procedure over 12 times to one phone was ridiculous! Being a computer Technician I believe both phones came with a virus of some sort as both had test messages on them that could not be erased and gave strange graphics for error messages when trying to dial.
    I now have to ship both back before getting replacement phones.
    Do not buy Reconditioned phones from Straight Talk..

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Good advice. I wonder how many people have had this problem with reconditioned straight talk phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stompoutloud View Post
    Good advice. I wonder how many people have had this problem with reconditioned straight talk phones?
    I just got 2 of them, one could not be activated so it has to be shipped back. The deal I got was free phones and shipping with the purchase of the airtime cards. I think that one ended on the 17th though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uzzo2 View Post
    I just got 2 of them, one could not be activated so it has to be shipped back. The deal I got was free phones and shipping with the purchase of the airtime cards. I think that one ended on the 17th though.
    I just ordered the r355c today--hope I don't have a problem. The free ones had run out but I kept checking every day and today they had it again. I got free shipping but not the overnight that they had been doing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    I just ordered the r355c today--hope I don't have a problem. The free ones had run out but I kept checking every day and today they had it again. I got free shipping but not the overnight that they had been doing.
    Fed Ex picked it up today and was to be overnighted back to ST for a replacement. That might be a good thing they've run out of the refurbs, maybe we'll get a new one in exchange. I did learn a lesson though with that one, don't port your number until you know it's going to work. The one that had to be sent back was an old Net 10 phone. I ported my number and it was almost instant, my old AT&T phone was useless. That particular phone wouldn't accept the airtime card, it kept showing no minutes available. So here I was with my old phone inoperable and we couldn't get the refurb going. Luckily, I ordered 2 phones, 1 for me and 1 for my wife. After an hour or so on the phone with CS trying to get it going the rep. finally gave in and said that the phone would have to be replaced. The problem was that we had gotten into the wee hours of Sunday morning and the sales dept. was closed. I got her to transfer my number to the other phone that I ordered that was originally going to be my wife's. It was an old tracphone, it went through without a hitch. I've been using it for several days now and I must say that I am very pleased with it. I have much better coverage than my old AT&T phone for about the same price. Actually, we had a shared plan, 700 minutes with rollover and free nights and weekends. With taxes and everything included, it came out to a little over 80 bucks a month. When I called Sunday afternoon to cancel my phone with AT&T, I told them that I wanted the cheapest individual plan available for my wife's phone until I can get my replacement from ST. The cheapest plan was $39.00 for 350 minutes, it's a no brainer folks. For about 10 more clams a month, I get unlimited talk, text and mobile web. As far as I'm concerned, it's worth the $45.00 a month for the unlimited talk, the rest is just icing on the cake for me. I've never sent or received a text message much less gotten on the internet with a cell phone before yesterday. It all works just fine as far as I'm concerned, I've been reading all the horror stories about CS with ST. The rep. that helped me Saturday night was very professional, I could tell that English wasn't her first language but I had no trouble understanding her. She tried very hard to get that phone activated and when she realized she couldn't and that it was too late to get sales involved she was very apologetic and told me to call back Sunday. I called Sunday after I got home from work and talked with a different rep. who was also very nice and I had no trouble understanding her as well. I explained to her the problem that I had the night before and was instructed to call back on Sunday to get a replacement phone on the way. She decided to go through all of the same procedures as we did on Saturday to try and activate the phone. I tried to tell her that we had already tried everything that she was instructing me to do. Maybe it was just protocol or maybe she just thought that she could get it going. Either way, it was a little aggravating to have to do all of that stuff all over again. But they were both very professional and seemed genuinely concerned with my satisfaction so I just went along. As I said, I am VERY pleased so far with the service on the phone that is working. The coverage area puts my old phone to shame, sorry to be so long winded. I just wanted to give an honest review of my experience thus far with ST. I guess if I had to give any advice to a new subscriber, it would be to not port the number until they were sure the phone was going to work. If porting a number was not an issue, then there wouldn't have been a problem at all other than replacing the phone. It was just the panic of not having my old phone or the new one working at all, I can't be without a phone because of my business.

Feedback Score
    I've bought nothing but reconditioned phones from Net10 and Straight Talk when I can and never had a problem. I used Net10 for years before Straight Talk and bought nothing but reconditioned phones.