Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: LG 420G Review and My TracFone Experience

Feedback Score
    Re:#366, #373... I have a LG420G with Tracfone. How do I activate the call block feature? I would like to block all calls from numbers that are not in my contacts. I don't find a way to set to "unregistered".

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    unfortunately you have to save the number to your phone, then put it in the 'bar' folder. if anyone else has a better way, please post the procedure? thank you!

Feedback Score

lg420g

i am in bad need of a manual for my lg420g i'm all screwed up with it.please e mail me a copy.realy wood appreciate it.cropear112@snowman6665698@att.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cropear112 View Post
    i am in bad need of a manual for my lg420g i'm all screwed up with it.please e mail me a copy.realy wood appreciate it.cropear112@snowman6665698@att.net

go to google and type this in:

lg420g search results

the tutorial should then come right up

Feedback Score
    CARD TAKEN, thank you

i have one free, yes free unused double minutes for life card ($24.99) value, that i'll send to the first person who private messages me on this forum. you'll only pay for the stamp(s) and envelope needed to send it (i'm in america). i'll pm you the details when i see your message. i'll post here to stop the messages. please check that your phone does not already have double minutes for life.

CARD TAKEN, thank you.
    Last edited by cogs10; 09-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Just so I understand completely, are you referring to the center "select" key?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe555 View Post
    I've got the 420G. Like the previous poster said, you turn on/off the speakerphone feature with a softkey when making or receiving a call, but it's the center softkey, not the right one, and there is no menu to navigate; just press the center softkey, which has the speakerphone icon directly above it.

Also, I have not had any trouble browsing with the 420g on TMobile in my area. Haven't tried it in other places yet.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo2626 View Post
    Just so I understand completely, are you referring to the center "select" key?
    Yes, the select key, the round center one BUT only after the call connects and it shows a speaker on the bottom center of the screen.

Feedback Score
    I wondered what the E signified. OK, so which edge? And what does it do/not do?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geritol View Post
    I wondered what the E signified. OK, so which edge? And what does it do/not do?
    Refers to the EDGE network for data transmission, lets you send data to and from the phone like internet data.

Feedback Score
    Thanks BobbyLee.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    Yes, the select key, the round center one BUT only after the call connects and it shows a speaker on the bottom center of the screen.

Feedback Score
    I took a picture with the LG420G then sent it via email to my computer where it arrived. I then tried to send the picture via attachment from my computer to my LG420G. I received the message but no picture came through. Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by windmillchaser View Post
    I took a picture with the LG420G then sent it via email to my computer where it arrived. I then tried to send the picture via attachment from my computer to my LG420G. I received the message but no picture came through. Any idea on what I am doing wrong?
    Do you have an ATT sim or T-mo sim?

ATT sim starts with 890141
    T-mo sim starts with 890726

What address did you send the picture to?

ATT text email (no pictures) is different from picture emailing

text messaging yournumber@txt.att.net
    piture messaging yournumber@mms.att.net

T-mo has some mms/data difficulties

How big was the picture? Larger than 300kb?

Feedback Score
    For some reason the system is not letting me edit my previous post. The T-mo sim should read 890126 not 890726.

Not being able to edit a post has been happening a lot for the past couple of months. Does anybody know why it is happening or how we can call attention to it so it gets corrected?

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by windmillchaser View Post
    If you are using Thunderbird or SeaMonkey (both Mozilla/Gecko-based), you are likely doing nothing wrong.

There is something in the mail headers sent with an e-mail that seems to be preventing both SM and TB from displaying these messages. I have noticed this primarily with T-Mobile phones (including T-Mobile TracFones) and metroPCS (which uses Microsoft Front Page to send picture messages). I have not seen this problem with TracFones activated on either AT&T or Verizon.

The problem seems to be in the way T-Mobile handles picture messages, but when I tried to duplicate this on T-Mobile using a Samsung phone, the e-mail appeared as expected (all images). Looking at it from this view, it could also be phone-related, but since I can see the same e-mail via the web, I would point to the e-mail program as the culprit and not the phone itself.

When the picture is sent to an AOL Mail account, I can then see the images using SM/TB.

I reported this to the developers as a bug, a good two years ago, but nothing has been done so far to fix it.

If you can access your e-mail through a web site as opposed to an e-mail program, you should have no problems viewing it that way.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    For some reason the system is not letting me edit my previous post. The T-mo sim should read 890126 not 890726.

Not being able to edit a post has been happening a lot for the past couple of months. Does anybody know why it is happening or how we can call attention to it so it gets corrected?
    You have only a certain number of minutes after you post, if you want to edit your message. Once that time period has elapsed, the message cannot be edited.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast