Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 430

Thread: LG 420G Review and My TracFone Experience

  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North Central Florida
    Posts
    30
    Carrier
    AT&T (Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott in Boston View Post
    I just ascertained on www.wirelessamberalerts.org that my LG 420g is indeed on TMOB, and my trusty Nokia 1100 is on ATT, and the latter gets great reception wherever reception can be had...but it doesn't have Bluetooth.
    What you should have done is get a replacement AT&T SIM from Tracfone (thejmart link - be sure to specify you need the same phone number) to use in the new phone, then called executive solutions and transferred service from your Nokia. You could probably still do that - though I'm not sure since you've already activated the new phone. You may want to call executive solutions and ask.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45
    Phones
    LG 420g
    LG 420g
    Nokia 1100 (3.5 years)
    Carrier
    AT&T via TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TooWildToTame View Post
    What you should have done is get a replacement AT&T SIM from Tracfone (thejmart link - be sure to specify you need the same phone number) to use in the new phone, then called executive solutions and transferred service from your Nokia. You could probably still do that - though I'm not sure since you've already activated the new phone. You may want to call executive solutions and ask.
    The whole point is to TEST the LG 420g *BEFORE* transferring service from the Nokia...I love that little workhorse...its only deficiency for my purposes is no bluetooth. Once I find a suitable replacement, I'll have all the minutes AND the number transferred.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,739
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott in Boston View Post
    The whole point is to TEST the LG 420g *BEFORE* transferring service from the Nokia...I love that little workhorse...its only deficiency for my purposes is no bluetooth. Once I find a suitable replacement, I'll have all the minutes AND the number transferred.
    If you want to transfer your old phone number to the 420, you will need a new SIM from Tracfone. A SIM can only accept one phone number. To switch to AT&T you will have to convince them you have no T-Mobile service in your area. While you are talking to them DO NOT answer the 420 if it rings. It will be them calling and will prove you have service if you answer (don`t let them hear it ring in the background).

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45
    Phones
    LG 420g
    LG 420g
    Nokia 1100 (3.5 years)
    Carrier
    AT&T via TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you want to transfer your old phone number to the 420, you will need a new SIM from Tracfone. A SIM can only accept one phone number. To switch to AT&T you will have to convince them you have no T-Mobile service in your area. While you are talking to them DO NOT answer the 420 if it rings. It will be them calling and will prove you have service if you answer (don`t let them hear it ring in the background).
    Thanks for the inside dope, Tracfancier...I'll put it on silent...or would "Airplane" be better?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    506
    Feedback Score
    0
    Couple of questions on the use of the phone:
    The right "-" key is set to Messages. Can it be setup for something else?
    Under "phone settings", one can "Set Shortcuts". Once shortcuts are set, how do you use them?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    263
    Phones
    LG
    LG
    Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Putting it on silent will let it ring from their end indicating your phone is getting a signal. Turning it off will cause their call to go direct to voice mail

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does anyone else have a hard time opening the flip? All the other flip phones I have used, I could just grab the back and the flip and open it easily. With the LG420 I have to basically stick a fingernail between the back and the flip every time.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    I bought a LG420G, activated it, moved my number from my old tracfone, and am apparently on Tmobile. I would like to get another LG420G from tracfone with the DMFL card for my wife and activate it on AT&T. Rather than got thru the trouble of trying to get tracfone to send me one with an AT&T sim or talk them into sending me a replacement AT&T sim could I just order another P5 phone, buy a $5 AT&T tracfone sim on ebay, insert it into the new phone and activate it online and move her old AT&T tracfone number over?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    506
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs555 View Post
    Does anyone else have a hard time opening the flip? All the other flip phones I have used, I could just grab the back and the flip and open it easily. With the LG420 I have to basically stick a fingernail between the back and the flip every time.
    Yeah, compare to the Moto 376g, LG 420 is a lot harder to open. I guess that is the price to pay for the thin body.
    Would also be nice if the external display can stay on so the time is display all the time.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NorthWestern PA
    Posts
    624
    Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs555 View Post
    Does anyone else have a hard time opening the flip? All the other flip phones I have used, I could just grab the back and the flip and open it easily. With the LG420 I have to basically stick a fingernail between the back and the flip every time.
    Glad to see your post! I thought it was just mine or me.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,759
    Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs555 View Post
    Does anyone else have a hard time opening the flip? All the other flip phones I have used, I could just grab the back and the flip and open it easily. With the LG420 I have to basically stick a fingernail between the back and the flip every time.
    I'm not having a problem at all opening my 420G.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Would also be nice if the external display can stay on so the time is display all the time.
    I agree. I think the problem is the color display takes a lot more power than monochrome and would drain the battery too much if left on. Personally I think color on the external display is wasted. I would rather have an external monochrome display that stayed on all the time.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    506
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs555 View Post
    I agree. I think the problem is the color display takes a lot more power than monochrome and would drain the battery too much if left on. Personally I think color on the external display is wasted. I would rather have an external monochrome display that stayed on all the time.
    Press the volume button to see the time is not that bad except we have to press it twice. Press one will turn on the backlight and switch the display from time to date. Press it the 2nd time will switch it back to time.
    Still try to figure out how one uses the "shortcuts". One can set 20 of these shortcuts but can't figure out to get to them.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,739
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmurph View Post
    I bought a LG420G, activated it, moved my number from my old tracfone, and am apparently on Tmobile. I would like to get another LG420G from tracfone with the DMFL card for my wife and activate it on AT&T. Rather than got thru the trouble of trying to get tracfone to send me one with an AT&T sim or talk them into sending me a replacement AT&T sim could I just order another P5 phone, buy a $5 AT&T tracfone sim on ebay, insert it into the new phone and activate it online and move her old AT&T tracfone number over?
    If you put a different SIM into the phone and then activate it without the system/CS asking for the SIM S/N, then it will activate the phone thinking it has the SIM that was sold with the phone. It won`t activate and the e-bay SIM will be ruined. Also, once you power up the phone with a SIM installed the SIM can not be used in any other phone. A SIM can only accept one phone number in its lifetime.

    When you order a phone, Trac asks where the phone will be used the most or where it will be used if its a gift. This allows you to use an AT&T only market area Zip when ordering a phone. You can activate it anywhere you can get a signal, using your choice of zip so you get a local phone number.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    506
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    When you order a phone, Trac asks where the phone will be used the most or where it will be used if its a gift. This allows you to use an AT&T only market area Zip when ordering a phone. You can activate it anywhere you can get a signal, using your choice of zip so you get a local phone number.

    Are you saying you can activate a TF with AT&T SIM in a T-Mobile only area?

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Bookmarks