Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know the APN settings for Mobilicity

Feedback Score

Wink Does anyone know the APN settings for Mobilicity

Hello.

Does anyone know the settings for the apn .. for mobilicity. I need to tether my huwaei phone.
    I do not know the internet settings. the gateway is internet.davewireless.com and the the rest i do not know. Can someone please help me.

Regards
    Hareem Haque

Phone
    Blackberry 9780 & Motorola Atrix 4G
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The Apn settings which i know of, are as follows:
    APN: wap.davewireless.com
    Username: dave
    Password: password

I might add to this affect that this APN is very slow , much lick dial up. If any one knows the credentials for the apn: internet.davewireless.com, then please do share....

By calling Mobilicity's technical support, i achieve much as going to a bar speaking to a dumb blonde.....( no offfence to blondes )

Phones
    Galaxy S3 LG G2X HTC Snap Nokia e52 Samsung vibrant Nexus S
    Nokia 5230
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Wind, Rogers, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    according to mobilicity, there is neither a username, nor password required for the APN internet.davewireless.com ........

Was also told
    "Our APN settings are either internet.davewireless.com or wap.davewireless, depending on your phone. If your phone requests a username and password, it is dave, and the password is wireless."

Still have yet to actually connect to internet.davewireless.com(it was preprogrammed into the phone even).

Phone
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I was reading another thread on WIND mobile where users are experiening the exact same issue. The have found a resolution to it, which i will try myself today by calling Mobilicity. The resolution is suppose to be as follows:

" Problem I had was that in my account there was one item missing "Data and Mobile". I had "Infinite Data" and in addition you need "Data and Mobile". Sales rep fixed that problem after testing my sim card on his phone. My sim didn't have "Data and Mobile" so he wasn't able to get the data connection on his phone either.

This should fix the problem. After the fix, connection is immediate. "

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Wind, Rogers, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Hey daftk,

I think I skimmed over that thread, would be very interesting if that's the issue. If you don't mind please post your findings/results after calling in.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    You need the proxy address as well or it doesn't work properly- its 10.100.3.4, port is 8080

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Wind, Rogers, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by readem View Post
    You need the proxy address as well or it doesn't work properly- its 10.100.3.4, port is 8080
    Are you referring to wap.davewireless.com or internet.davewireless.com?

Phone
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    We are refferring to the APN: internet.davewireless.com

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Wind, Rogers, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I was asking readem, as you don't even need the proxy to connect to wap.davewireless.com(tested on 2 different handsets) and it makes no difference with the internet.davewireless.com, it still fails to connect.

daftk, how did your call go with mobilicity today?

Phone
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Hello Everyone,

So i have been consistently calling Mobilicity to get to the bottom of this and every single time i get different information. According to some of there agents there is no APN: internet.dave.wireless.com and there is only the APN: wap.davewireless.com

I did speak to a rep yesterday that did say there is an APN: internet.davewireless.com in existence and is going to escalate it.

I called today, asking them if there was any changes in my account that could be made to resolve the issue just like the WIND mobile resolution for the same issue but they are clueless.

Bottom line there techinal support is utterly useless.

I did try connecting to the APN: internet.davewireless.com by also inuptting the proxy settings manually but it still wont connect to it.

If anyone has had a solution to this, please do share.

Sincerely,

Kamran

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Wind, Rogers, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Daftk,

I feel your pain, I actually got a supervisor to check into the apn internet.davewireless.com(he had to contact there outsourced tech department, that apparently they can't even directly call lol?)

In any event, his findings where as follows, the apn exists, and it does not require any additional settings, or info.....

Now with that said, the actual call center is located in Niagara falls Ontario, so the csr's/supervisors etc that we are speaking to, don't have any actual experience with the service(because there is none there).

I went today and picked up a bb9700, and will be activating with wind shortly. Getting sick of the lack of knowledge/misinformation that mobilicity seems to enjoy dishing out...

Phone
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Has any one tried testing the data speeds over a Mobilicity authorized phone??

Feedback Score
    these are the speeds i get on "wap.davewireless.com"

anyone have the setting for the other apn

Phones
    Moto Milestone,9700,iPhone 3GS,9530,8330,8130, HTC Touch, Nokia 6265i, V3C, UTSTARComm 6700
    i215, i215, i860,i830,i730,i90,i60,iP4,iP4S, Galaxy Nexus, S3, Note 2, Nexus 4, One X
    Carrier
    All
    Feedback Score
    "internet.davewireless.com" functions only with Mobilicity branded handsets for some reason.

"wap.davewireless.com" is the only one that works with non-Mobilicity handsets.
    "well what's the point of knowing all this stuff about phones if you can't use it to impress girls at parties???"

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Wind, Rogers, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertec View Post
    "internet.davewireless.com" functions only with Mobilicity branded handsets for some reason.

"wap.davewireless.com" is the only one that works with non-Mobilicity handsets.
    internet.davewireless.com still fails to connect from 2 of your "mobilicity" branded handsets.

Care to share which handset you have successfully connected to said APN, as I am sure this may help some users.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast