Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How To: Flash a phone to virgin mobile

Feedback Score

How To: Flash a phone to virgin mobile

First of all, there will be no discussion of modifying the ESN/MEID on this thread.
    All phones will require a certain software to flash, Discussing how to get that software is a link to warez so that's also against the forum rules.
    This Tutorial is made so if you purchase a virgin mobile phone and it's been flashed to another carrier, you can flash it back.
    I have managed to get my Lg rumor from cricket back to virgin using this method
    You will need:
    Flashing software for your device....
    MIN/MDN number

Now in order to get your min number, there are two way's, if you've programmed your phone it should be in settings about, or settings my phone number. if you haven't, call and tell them your phone won't activate and they will run you through a manual program which they will tell you the numbers.
    MDN is your cell number.

Now if you have an evdo phone, download 20233 prl from corolada.com/prl
    if your phone is not evdo or 3g, download 10040. Both are under the sprint section.

Now open up your flashing software and hit the roam or prl button and put the new prl in. now after writing it should restart your phone. If it doesn't, manually do it. Now plug it back in and go back to software, hit the NAM or Cdma button, and manually input the MIN and MDN. If it says directory # that is your MIN not your MDN.

After inputting both of those to the correct sections, write to phone and restart.
    If your phone is active you should now have talk and text.

Go back to your software and read the phone and find all the spots that have a number like this: A0000XXXXX@sprint.hcm.com or yournumber@verizon.com and change them to vmobl.com

Here are all the settings posted by Metropcs123, credits go to him, thanks!:
    Now for browser, leave the ip numbers as 0.0.0.0.0, after this you should have wap and mms.
    Do not change the USER AGENT PROFILE URL. I know it might go to another website or something But thats your phones profile.
    MMS:
    Digital Album Address: *PIC
    Digital Album Title: Upload to My Pix
    MMS Server Name: 205.239.233.136:81
    User Agent Profile URL: http://uaprof.vmobl.com/KYOCERA/KX5...onic_UAProf.xml
    User Agent: KX5
    MMS Host URI: mmsc.vmobl.com:8088
    MMS Post URI: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms

Packet Dial String: #777

MN HA SPI: 8687
    Set MN AAA SPI: True
    MN AAA SPI: 8687
    RT Preference: On
    Home Address 0.0.0.0
    Primry HAA: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary HAA: 0.0.0.0
    MN HA SS: vmug33k
    MN AAA SS: UEbd1XF3GD
    MN Authenticator DMU:

Server A Secondary URL: 205.239.233.136
    Server B Secondary URL:
    User Agent Profile URL: http://uaprof.vmobl.com/KYOCERA/KX5...onic_UAProf.xml
    HTTP Password:

Your esn hex should be automatically inputted, if it's not, your esn hex is the A00000xxxxx number on the back of your phone.
    Now if we can get people to post their locations and url ip's we can get 3g added to this tutorial.
    It might just be sprint's ip's.

Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    i think you are talking about virgin mobile canada because they sold the rumor and virgin mobile usa never did.

Feedback Score
    Nope i'm talking virgin mobile usa I meant virgin mobile touch haha, I posted a thread earlier.
    This tutorial is in the correct place.

Feedback Score
    So, theoretically, can this method be used to flash Sprint phones over to Virgin mobile?

Feedback Score
    Yes. If your esn/meid gets cleared with Virgin Mobile. Thats the only set back.

Feedback Score
    *lets say the esn was changed*

i ASSUME? that the ESN needs to be from a legit VM blackberry? or could it be just any vm based esn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vipersilver View Post
    *lets say the esn was changed*

i ASSUME? that the ESN needs to be from a legit VM blackberry? or could it be just any vm based esn
    Virgin mobile only accepts esn's from their handsets, not just blackberry's. but i have gotten so far 2 phones that aren't to go through. one was an instinct. Another was a old dumb phone i had.
    Whatever number goes through and virgin mobile website, hit activate and type in number to see if it works.

Feedback Score
    I'm still blown away that anyone was able to get a VM phone onto Cricket. Either the flasher is really good or the new VM phone has less security measures. Or both.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I will insert this warning once and only once in this thread: any further discussion involving the words "esn" and "change" will result in action on my part--either bans being issued or the thread being closed. If the folks in this forum want this thread to stay open, everyone keep this in mind.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    ok so if i get a sprint phone, and esn gets activated" im not saying how, not trying to get banned

"...can i get mms and data to work on it?

Feedback Score
    Well for those of you still trying to get wap, I'm still having no luck,
    However i did find better IPs,
    This is worth a shot:
    Primary IP:

Primary Port:

Secondary IP:

Secondary Port:

However, I still couldn't get it to authenticate, i think it might be the password or the ip/apns settings on my phone, It keeps trying to get internet but it won't authenticate.

If anyone has an older phone try pressing 111111 and then options service and post the settings under browser, or hit ##RTN# and detials and post the ip's and ports.

Feedback Score
    This is from my Kyocera TNT

IP1 Primary:

Port:81

IP1 Secondary: 205.239.233.136

Port:81

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    isn't there like a url to ping to get the proxy ip like happens with metro when u ping wap.metropcs.net or prozy.metropcs.net?

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Are this settings current? Any idea on how to extract VM US setting from a BB8530, i have QPSt and the RIM ports are created but it says there is no phone connected, help PLZ!!!

Feedback Score
    The settings are current Yes and No. Depends on where you live.
    As for your QPST connection issue, go to the Cricket forums and search there on any blackberry and find out how they recognized it in qpst.
    Once you do that, Save your QPST configuration file and post it here so we can all use it. Make sure to zero your phone number out.

You may need to use CDMA work shop to zero out ur spc's first... thats all in the cricket forums.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast