Thread: Tracfone LG 420 - AT&T sim

Feedback Score

Tracfone LG 420 - AT&T sim

Hi all.... I just purchased the LG420 phone online using zip 00601 to get an AT&T sim. I currently have a phone with a t-mobile sim and service is horrible, so I thought I would upgrade to a newer phone and make sure to get the better AT&T sim.

Well... I just tried to transfer my number online, and it told me in order to transfer my number they needed to send me a new sim card. Now both of my phones are inactive. And most likely I will get a T-mobile sim once again...

I haven't called customer service yet... but I was wondering if any of you experts had any suggestions on how to keep the AT&T sim in my new phone?!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melliemelo View Post
    Hi all.... I just purchased the LG420 phone online using zip 00601 to get an AT&T sim. I currently have a phone with a t-mobile sim and service is horrible, so I thought I would upgrade to a newer phone and make sure to get the better AT&T sim.

Well... I just tried to transfer my number online, and it told me in order to transfer my number they needed to send me a new sim card. Now both of my phones are inactive. And most likely I will get a T-mobile sim once again...

I haven't called customer service yet... but I was wondering if any of you experts had any suggestions on how to keep the AT&T sim in my new phone?!
    You should not need a new SIM card unless you entered the SIM number wrong and it did not match what they had on file for your phones SN. You may be able to call CS and start over again. Hopefully you will not be required to explain what you did so far as they may not be able to follow you if too complicated, they have limited technical knowledge.

What you are doing is a two step process. First your old phone number has to be ported and then you go back and activate the new phone with the ported number.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply!

I did call yesterday and went through the process of transferring my number to the new phone. It was different than the previous times - there was no 'go to code entry mode and enter *#' etc... I just gave the serial numbers and he said ok it's completed. It still didn't work. Whoever I talked to didn't seem to know what he was doing though... I told him the transfer didn't work and he didn't believe me. Calling again today. Oh Joy!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melliemelo View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

I did call yesterday and went through the process of transferring my number to the new phone. It was different than the previous times - there was no 'go to code entry mode and enter *#' etc... I just gave the serial numbers and he said ok it's completed. It still didn't work. Whoever I talked to didn't seem to know what he was doing though... I told him the transfer didn't work and he didn't believe me. Calling again today. Oh Joy!
    They can get backed up with transfers/activations and it will be a while before the info is sent to your phone. You need to turn the phone off and back on every so often till the info is received by your phone (there should also be an accompanying text message). If not call them again to see if there is an update required that you have not been notified of. If the phone is listed in your on-line Tracfone account, the update notice will appear there.

Feedback Score
    thanks!

I finally got it working. I called the miami number yesterday and went though several activation tries. After an hour on the phone, I finally got my minutes and number transferred to the new phone. Yay!