Thread: What to Dial to Update or Reprogram?

Feedback Score

What to Dial to Update or Reprogram?

228, 22890, 22891 or what-- and with or without the * or # key first? Phone is Moto W386.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Search the Straight Talk forum for 22890 and you'll find your answer. That query will return multiple hits with plenty of information.

Heck, I'll even make it easier than that for you...
    Do a search for the word Baphomet and you won't have to read through multiple query responses to glean the information you seek.

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Feedback Score
    A search on the strange name returned two threads-- this one and an irrelevant one. A search on 22890 returned 87 threads, most with numerous replies but a quick browse-through yielding none on-point. I think it would be faster to call ST customer service.

If you know the answer to my questions, a direct answer would be much more helpful than sophistry...

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    *22890 to update programing and PRL.
    *22891 to update PRL (Preferred Roaming List)

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasham View Post
    A search on the strange name returned two threads-- this one and an irrelevant one.
    The thread you deemed "irrelevant" contained the answer. Obviously you didn't bother to read it.
    If you know the answer to my questions, a direct answer would be much more helpful than sophistry...
    Sophistry? There was nothing invalid or deceptive in my reply at all.

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A search on the strange name returned two threads-- this one and an irrelevant one. I think it would be faster to call ST customer service.
    I don't usually speak out like this, but your attitude is totally unacceptable. You asked a question, and when the answers weren't to your liking, you started making smart-aleck comments.

Feel free to call ST customer service. The nice people in this forum answer questions as a *courtesy,* and demand nothing in return. They don't deserve to be treated like this.

Ooh, big word.

These nice people were trying to help you, likely because of your relatively low post count. They encouraged you to do a search, and even gave you the proper search term...the only way to make it easier would be to actually do the homework for you.

Perhaps, instead, we should just throw you to the wolves. Let you learn this stuff on your own. Socratic method.

You've been given a plain answer by ericm31. Jack_Indabaux provided you with the search parameters to find a wealth of information.

A proper thank you would be the appropriate response...

-- Chuck Knight

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    @chucknight: __Amen brother _______

Feedback Score
    Eric, thank you for the clear, concise, direct answer to my simple question.

Jack and Chuck, sorry you find my "attitude" unacceptable. I'm not here to play the Scavenger Hunt game or do the extended, detailed research project you both think is an appropriate way to help new users.

As experienced HoFo posters, you both might want to rethink your motivations and approach and reevaluate the "message" you're giving new guys. If your intent is to drive away those folks looking for some quick and easy info on cell phone use, you're doing a good job...