Thread: Email using Net10?

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score

Email using Net10?

I have an ATT SIM and a Net10 phone. Can I send email from my phone using SMS? I do not want to resort to more expensive MMS if that is not required?

I think ATT has some 3 digit gateway numbers but is it safe to use (not against Net10 ToS)?

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I know that it is possible, but since I don't do it often I may have forgotten how. I think you type the e-mail address in the send to line. You can also text others via e-mail, CellGuru has the web address instructions on his site.

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    My LG600 does not allow me to enter an email address in the To field. I think it should be something like the first line is an email address and then the message (which is what you say)

Is CellGuru a member? I couldn't locate his website, perhaps you could point me to the link.

Do you happen to know if such use is against Net10 ToS?

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberoam View Post
    My LG600 does not allow me to enter an email address in the To field. I think it should be something like the first line is an email address and then the message (which is what you say)

Is CellGuru a member? I couldn't locate his website, perhaps you could point me to the link.

Do you happen to know if such use is against Net10 ToS?
    http://www.cellguru.net/ is the address. It is not against the TOS in this case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127 View Post
    http://www.cellguru.net/ is the address. It is not against the TOS in this case.
    The cellguru.net site is for sending a pc-based email to a cell phone. I believe the poster wanted the opposite direction: From a cell to be received on a pc as an email.

Phones
    T-Mobile G2, Nokia 5230 Nuron
    HTC Aria, Motorola Q9h, Nokia N95 8GB (N95-4), Nokia E61i, at&t Tilt
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Smart Communications (Roaming SIM from Philippines)
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to send e-mail through at&t's SMS-e-mail gateway. Just send your SMS to 121. Format the message "address@domain.com message goes here" (without the quotes).
    at&t 3G (N95 8GB & Joikuspot @ 70MPH on the 405 freeway in Los Angeles, CA) / at&t 3G (HTC Aria in Fullerton, CA)

Charter

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone!