Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 499

Thread: Fido Unlimited Plans FAQ

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    I recieved a call from a supervisor/manager yesterday informing me that they had made a mistake and are giving me unlimited no zone voice services - basically grandfathering in my original city fido plan into my $80 retention deal.

    The $80 retention deal was offered to me included zoned voice service, canada wide 6 gigs data, unlimited sms, unlimited tethering and all calling features for $68 a month. It occurred well after June 1st. I also confirmed that I have Canada-wide no zone data as well.

    Did anyone else get that call?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    121
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Remeron View Post
    I recieved a call from a supervisor/manager yesterday informing me that they had made a mistake and are giving me unlimited no zone voice services - basically grandfathering in my original city fido plan into my $80 retention deal.

    The $80 retention deal was offered to me included zoned voice service, canada wide 6 gigs data, unlimited sms, unlimited tethering and all calling features for $68 a month. It occurred well after June 1st. I also confirmed that I have Canada-wide no zone data as well.

    Did anyone else get that call?
    I wonder if they actually made an effort to go through notes for people who were offered the plan and see if they were mistakenly told it was a non-zone plan. Good job if they actually did that.

    You can confirm if you are on a zone or non-zone plan by pressing *#123# on your phone.

    If you get a message "On the fido network - within your zone" you are on a zone plan.
    If you get an error message along the lines of "No tarrif info available", that's actually good and means you are on a non-zone plan.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't want to double post but the CSR told me that I would be zoned based for the next month (too late to change) but they would credit me all LD back - as per grandfather my original City Fido unlimited plan. The changes would be formally made the following month. I will wait and see what the future holds.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    653
    Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got this new line 10th June. Rep told me it’ll be unzoned. Yesterday, called in to resolve some billing issue and CS told mine’s zoned data and voice. Told them I have the interaction No. that noted my plan was unzoned, but they said nothing they can do. So, I cancelled.

    I followed the “How to Complaint” step and filed 1 today.

    We’ll see if Fido cares or not.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,538
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hohohong View Post
    I got this new line 10th June. Rep told me it’ll be unzoned.
    How did you manage to activate a new service with a Retention package?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by hohohong View Post
    ... CS told mine’s zoned data and voice. Told them I have the interaction No. that noted my plan was unzoned, but they said nothing they can do. So, I cancelled.
    With all due respect, FidoSeniorAgent post in this very Forum the changes two weeks before. Interaction ID or not, Fido already did the changes way before you called...Unfortunately for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by hohohong View Post
    I followed the “How to Complaint” step and filed 1 today.
    We’ll see if Fido cares or not.
    The only thing Fido will be able to do is to bring your old Fido Price Plan back.
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    121
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    The only thing Fido will be able to do is to bring your old Fido Price Plan back.
    Depending on how helpful the CSR is and how clear it is they offered the non-zone version of the unlimited plan, it is possible for them to give it to you. That being said, I was supposed to be changed over to the non-zone version today and it hasn't happened.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    653
    Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    How did you manage to activate a new service with a Retention package?!?!


    With all due respect, FidoSeniorAgent post in this very Forum the changes two weeks before. Interaction ID or not, Fido already did the changes way before you called...Unfortunately for you...



    The only thing Fido will be able to do is to bring your old Fido Price Plan back.
    I got these new lines for my relatives. Then they saw Winds and told me they wanted Winds. But Fido still insist to gimme the $80 plan being a new customer. I stay coz there’s not data and voice roaming. But now that I know I don’t have that feature like I was promised, I simply cancel.

    That’s not how business is done. Seems like everytime u call in, u get different answer. Get ur act together Fido!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,538
    Feedback Score
    0
    You had bad luck...and bad timing...sadly for you.

    I'm wondering how you may need around 2500 Min. per month and 3GB on a single line. Fido made an offer...but sadly it's Zone Based...that's all...

    Good Luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by hohohong View Post
    ..That’s not how business is done. Seems like everytime u call in, u get different answer. Get ur act together Fido!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    653
    Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    So a supervisor called me back. Told me she’ll look into our phone conversation and see if the original CS who change my acc did mention unzoned.

    1 hour later, she called me back and confirmed the CS did screwed up and gave me unzoned for both lines! Normally they won’t change it.

    She mentioned that it has to be done manually and she’ll call me back a few weeks later to confirm everything is back to normal (unzoned).

    Well done Fido. You do care! And I’ll care by adding a few more client to u!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    121
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    I noticed today that when I login to fido.ca my plan listed changed from SAV36010J to "Unlimited Local Minutes - Vancouver" and the link for the coverage map works now to show the zone area.

    Anyone else get a similar change where the plan code changed to something more like a description?

    (A manager called me today to say my plan would change from the zoned version to the unzoned version tomorrow or Wednesday, so wonder if this change has something to do with that call.... which would be odd, since I'm still on a zone plan according to this and confirmed by *#123#)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    615
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NauticalDan View Post
    I noticed today that when I login to fido.ca my plan listed changed from SAV36010J to "Unlimited Local Minutes - Vancouver" and the link for the coverage map works now to show the zone area.

    Anyone else get a similar change where the plan code changed to something more like a description?

    (A manager called me today to say my plan would change from the zoned version to the unzoned version tomorrow or Wednesday, so wonder if this change has something to do with that call.... which would be odd, since I'm still on a zone plan according to this and confirmed by *#123#)
    can you post a picture of that map you see

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    83
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    how do you see the details of your plan ? when i login to fido.ca, under plan it says "CityFido unlimited - Vancouver " and i can't click it. When i click terms and conditions it says some french stuff, im thinking some error. Am i doing this wrong? thanks in advance

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    121
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here ya go....

    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  4.3 KB

    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  152.3 KB

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    121
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0

    i think my plan changed

    Looks like I'm unzoned now.

    Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  18.0 KB

    Name:  fido june 29.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  52.1 KB

    But maybe this is just a regular plan with a 6 month free unlimited call promotion. (a rep said they'd be putting me on that temporarily while I wait for the unlimited no zone grandfather plan to kick in). I'm sure someone will call in a few days and let me know.... or 6 months from now I'll find out with a big surprise bill.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    toronto/canada
    Posts
    77
    Feedback Score
    0
    i changed my plan to $80 /inc.6gb/ today. funny that rep. said that data are unzoned. i asked 3 or 4 times and he always repeat the same. if it is not true can i complain about that in the future? i forgot to ask for ref. no.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 10:29 PM
  2. Do unlimited plans make high usage numbered minute plans obsolete?
    By fonezfonz in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 04:14 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 10:36 PM
  4. Fido $50/$80 Unlimited Plans FAQ
    By credmau5 in forum Fido
    Replies: 491
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 04:15 AM

Bookmarks