Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: LG Rumor Touch, Virgin Mobile, Java block bypass

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Filed more complaints

I filed more complaints against VM and sent copies to their corporate fax number.

This I filed to Fl. Atty General about their failure to refund my money for the phone they talked me into returning for an "upgrade" that also did not do what they said it would.

Last email I got from VM indicated they could not refund yet because the mobile was still active and showing activity??? In the previous email they sent me an RMA number which made no sense since the phone I traded in was returned in a pre-paid mailer they provided three weeks prior. I swear they don't have a clue what they are doing but if they think I am someone who will go away they are in for a surprise.

Here is Corporate Contact Info...go after them !

Mr. Daniel H. Schulman, CEO
    Mr. Jonathan Marchbank, COO

Virgin Mobile USA
    10 Independence Boulevard
    Warren, NJ 07059
    Phone: 908-607-4000
    Fax: 908-607-4822

//

Use the Better Business Bureau in their area to file complaints.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So, right now, with an MSL code, there are no benefits??

Carrier
    Virgin M
    Feedback Score
    anybody figured out how to install JAR apps from getjar or anyother website yet...? this phone really needs help. i feel so ripped off..

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Angry unlock codes. DEMAND

I believe we have grounds to demand whatever codes are required to fully unlock our VM phones so we can install what ever applications we choose.

In response to my Better Business Bureau complaint, VM posted a different version of their TOS than is on their web site as a defense. Problem is when you read those terms you see we are permitted access to content from other sites but their software blocks this. This is a violation of VM of their own terms of service. I posted this in another forum but here is a copy of my response and contact information.

We need to hammer Customer Service and Corporate until they honor their own TOS which is a legally binding contract with their customers.

VM is in violation of their own TOS in this regard. Need to bombard them complaints

I received VM's response to my BBB complaint. All they did was post a copy of their TOS ( Which incidentally contains provisions the one you can access on line don't have ). But now VM has actually replied by exposing the fact that they are in violation of their own terms. Here is the pertinent portion.

Data services allow you to access the Internet to view, download and send text, pictures, games, graphics, music, email, sound and other materials ("Content"). Some Content is available from us or our business partners, while other Content can be accessed from other third-party websites or services. Content may be unsuitable for children or minors, unreliable, inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable. You are solely responsible for evaluating the Content that you or anyone using your mobile phone or device access.

Now unless I am totally ignorant, this defines content then goes on to say you can use their data services to download "content" from "other third party web sites" and also that you as the owner of the phone, NOT VM, have sole responsibility to decide what content you want to download to your own phone.

There verbal arguments have been that "they don't support third party applications" as the reason I can't download them. But their own TOS clearly leaves that decision up to me, not to them and says I can download from third party sites.

Here is the BBB web site to file a complaint about VM's blocking your ability to download content from other web sites, including ring tones, games and applications.

https://www.bbb.org/new-jersey
    trenton.bbb@bureaudata.com
    Gina Bocchicchio

== VM information for complaint ==

Mr. Daniel H. Schulman, CEO
    Mr. Jonathan Marchbank, COO

Virgin Mobile USA
    10 Independence Boulevard
    Warren, NJ 07059

Phone: 908-607-4000
    Fax: 908-607-4822

================================

Only by sticking together do we get a voice.

PK

Feedback Score
    I just called and the tech support chick didnt have a clue and hasn't heard of this issue. I just said that I cant install any apps from other sites and the apps on their website is useless to me. She seemed to think it was the network server that was blocking it. haha.... Anyway she brushed me off big time. She said that someone will contact me with a resolution to the problem and to wait almost a week and call back if I didnt get a callback. Obviously I wont get a call back since that was just a brush off. She also said she'll try reseting the network connection and to not use my phone for an hour. Right, like that's going to fix this problem. Whenever I get brushed off I always ask for their name and of course Alma didnt give me her last name but gave me an ID of 157. That's a pretty low number for a fairly large company that's been out for a decade or more so I'm betting she made it up.

Before I did that I tried the contact us link and it looks like it just emails them my support request which may never get answered in this decade.

Is it just my area or is it virgin mobile or is the lg rumor touch running on 2400 baud? It's VERY slow. When I go to a web page I have to wait 5-10 seconds to bring anything up even if it's a small 1 liner page. My old c64 could bring up a 1 liner page faster than this phone can.

The only other thing I can think of is saying that I'm a developer, which I am, and since their phone is crippled/locked down I need another way to be able to test out my apps on the phone before putting them on the market. Maybe they have a developer section on their site that would let me upload my app there and then I could install it on my phone. If not then how do they expect to get any new apps on their website if nobody is allowed to test out their apps on the phone? It makes better business sense to have an unlocked phone to encourage development which would boost phone sales. It would be even better if they had a way to install native apps made with the Brew MP SDK instead of slow java.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So.. much like WinstonSmith260, I called customer support yesterday. And exactly like Winston, the first girl I spoke with had absolutely NO clue as to what I was talking about. She gave me the website
    http://web.virginmobileusa.com/vendor-shortcodes-info
    which Im still not sure even what it is... None the less it's not what were looking for. She then transfered me to tech support. He gave me the pretty much canned answer of, we don't support that...blah blah blah. He actually told me to google it and I would probly find the information I was looking for. Basically saying that their not allowed to give out that information... We're getting closer I have hope! Lol... We'll be running 3rd party apps on this baby in no time!

Phone
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I really hope you're right. I hate this phone more with each passing day, and some third party apps would surely fix that.

Feedback Score

Virgin mobile cheap ring-tones

I didn't want to pay $2.50 per ringtone, so I created some of my own which only cost 99 cents each to send to your phone. You may like some of these.

Cheap virgin mobile ringtones

Or you can create your own.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok guys, so I found this code set tonite.... The problem is, is that it's for "LG" phones in general, and not specifically for the rumor touch. So I could only get the first one to actually work. And even then I didn't know where to go from there... Maybe this will help someone and in turn help us all... Anyway here's the list I found..

Code / Action

2945#*# To access the test mode of the set

2945*#01*# Use to display the secret menu of LG mobile set

*8375# Use to display the mobile software version

*#06# To display the IMEI Number of the mobile

2945#*70001# Use to manage Simlock menu for LG (LG 7010, 7020)

277634#*# To set the defaut settings of mobile

1945#*5101# Use to manage Simlock menu for LG (LG B1200)

2945#*5101# Use to manage Simlock menu for (LG 5200, 510W )

2947#* Use to manage Simlock menu for (LG 500, 600)

47328545454# To set the defaut settings of mobile

*#07# To display the SW and IMEI Number

277634#*# To remove the security codes of LG sets

or 47328545454#

* 6861 # To recount checksum

##2342 Apply to resets the set advanced settings

##786 Used to reset the mobile memory and life timer

##889 To Enable the TTY

#PWR 668 To perform the Factory test

We'll get it sooner or later!

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

where to enter?

Do you just enter these as if dialing a phone number or do you need to go to a particular menu first.

I tried some and absolutely nothing happened. ( Rumor 2 )

Feedback Score
    those codes are for lg phones that are with sim card (GSM) but the rumor phones do not have them.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah you just enter them as if your dialing a phone number. I got 2945#*# to bring up some test menu? I have a rumor touch.

Feedback Score

Stuff

Hey everyone.

I've refrained from posting until i had something constructive to say.

I just spent over an hour on the phones with LG and VM. I'm not going to bore you with all of the mindless calls i made to the standard VM customer service, we all know that they cant help. I ended up making my way up to the Virgin corporate office and spoke to someone in executive escalations. The short of it is that they still assert that they have NO way of giving any info on this phone. The reason is that they are prepaid and any tech issues that go beyond their realm (their realm pretty much consisting of having you restart the phone) is handled by LG. One of the tech guys candidly told me that the reason that they do not allow 3rd party java apps on the phone is because if one of those apps screws up the phone, they have to deal with it, and they dont know how. So instead they just lock the thing down and call it good.

When i talked to LG, they told me that VM made the firmware for this phone and not them. The lady at VM said that LG is full of crap and that LG themselves made the firmware. I believe her. I think we need to be going after LG for more information, not VM. I've spent enough time on this today and don't feel like beating a dead horse. I will wait and see what y'all come up with and maybe try again in a few days. If someone wants to be a bull-headed *** like me and just call and pester them until they give up the info we need, i would say, go for it. We'll get it eventually. I just think that going through VM is going to get us nowhere. we need to get into the phone through a usb connection and transfer java apps that way, directly into the phone's directory itself. We need LG in order to do that.

That's my piece for now.

Feedback Score
    I am on the line with virgin mobile customer support now and i've explained that i need to update my phones software but my phone cannot connect to the computer. They told me to go to a third party technician. So i called back a day later and told them that the technician told me that he needs the account service code to fix my phone. So....after 2 hours of her searching her system, she said she cannot find it, so i asked to speak to a supervisor...i am still on hold.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OK...Let us know what you find out....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast