Phones
    360gb Zune Phone
    200gb Moto Razr
    4gb Iphone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Dropped my 3GS in water and now it won't charge with the wall charger?

My phone was accidentally dropped in the sink with some water for about 2 seconds with the docking port down.

The phone is working relatively fine except that it seems that it won't charge using the wall charger. When I plug it in the iPhone makes the noise and displays the logo that it's charging but it doesn't.

However, when I use my car charger it charges fine. I've tried 3 different wall chargers with the exact same results, it just won't charge. One of the wall chargers is brand new and never used.

The phone will work flawlessly using iTunes during syncing & backing up. There's no problem with the screen, the ear piece nor the speakers.

I plan on getting the new iPhone 4 today/tomorrow but this phone is basically brand new. Is there a reputable place that can repair the phone back to a fully working phone?
    todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You have to let it dry first. You're messing it up even more by trying to charge it.

Put it in a ziplock bag with rice in the sun for a couple of hours.

You can't repair water damaged stuff.
    Currently listening to: Oli G - Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    Pi ra cy discussions are not allowed here.
    You are ban ned!

Phones
    360gb Zune Phone
    200gb Moto Razr
    4gb Iphone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I turned if off immediately! I blew it off with my air compressor and then instantly put it in tuperware bowl with dry rice for 2-3 days and did not turn it on.

Feedback Score
    Visually inspect the connector under magnification and good lighting. You might see some white or green corrosion around the metal contacts. If you do, try to carefully remove it with a toothpick or something similar. You might be able to get it working.

The fact that you can charge it with a "dumb" charger and that it syncs kind of indicates that it's probably okay inside. The phone uses some of the other pins in the connector to determine what kind of device has been plugged in. Changes in resistances between those pins - which can be caused by corrosion - can cause the phone to behave differently when plugged in.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by todd1010 View Post
    My phone was accidentally dropped in the sink with some water for about 2 seconds with the docking port down.

The phone is working relatively fine except that it seems that it won't charge using the wall charger. When I plug it in the iPhone makes the noise and displays the logo that it's charging but it doesn't.

However, when I use my car charger it charges fine. I've tried 3 different wall chargers with the exact same results, it just won't charge. One of the wall chargers is brand new and never used.

The phone will work flawlessly using iTunes during syncing & backing up. There's no problem with the screen, the ear piece nor the speakers.

I plan on getting the new iPhone 4 today/tomorrow but this phone is basically brand new. Is there a reputable place that can repair the phone back to a fully working phone?
    Do a backup while you still can. You can get an out of warranty replacement for $199. Do not keep trying to charge the phone. There may be short circuits inside because of the water.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    360gb Zune Phone
    200gb Moto Razr
    4gb Iphone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Where can I get a out of warranty replacement for $199?

Phone
    iPhone 4G 32GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Apple store will replace it for $199. Make an appointment first.
    Don't believe in Sigs.....