Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Evo on PagePlus???

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Go SMS Pro Android App

Since the MMS settings for the Go SMS Pro Android App can be manually configured, can it be used for MMS on the Evo 4G?

If so, would:

MMSC = http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?
    MMS Proxy = ppcgw1.vzreseller.com?
    MMS Port = 8080?

I haven't found a username/password configuration in the app's settings if one is required.

Hopefully someone has already tried and successfully used this app with their Evo Page Plus! Suggestions and help appreciated!

KC
    HTC Evo 4G on Page Plus Cellular
    unrEVOked 3.21 s-off
    Hardware Version 0004
    HBoot: 2.16.0001
    Baseband: 2.15.00.0808
    Rom: MIUI 2.2.17 (SWPIER)
    Kernel: Tiamat_Evo-v3.3.7-sbc+
    PRI: 2.15_003
    PRL: 51600

HTC Aria on Straight Talk
    Rom: Liberated Aria 2.2.2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    When you say put your stock rom back on, do you mean ANY stock rom, or does it have to be my original Sprint rom which I disposed of long ago after flashing my third or fourth custom rom?

KC

Evo 4G on Page Plus Cellular
    Hardware Version 0004
    Rom MikG - Sense 2.1 + 3.0 - v2.59
    Kernel htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Android Version 2.3.3
    PRI Version 1.90_003
    PRL Version 51765
    I'm saying your current rom that is working. Make sure you save that read as a file. Flash your custom rom. Then if your PP service suffers, write the saved file to your phone and reload the APN's. Do not do any built in reset codes since they are for sprint.

Feedback Score
    Thank for the advice goonygugle

Feedback Score
    I have a question about the mms. I get pictures but my when someone sends me a video its not a video it shows as a render picture.when i very first set the apnpageplus xml file into my evo 4g i would get videos,it would show as VIDEO0001 or something but now it shows up a slideshow and doesnt even play it ...its a just picture, could someone tell why is that?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    How many different VIDEO FORMATS have you received by MMS? How many different SENDERS have sent you videos?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Hey guys I followed the directions in the guide with my evo 4g. Been at it for literally the entire day. So I did as I read and after having them switch me to the evo from my old PP phone I am only able to send and receive text messages. I can use my wifi also but i cannot make or receive phone calls. Hoping maybe someone had a solution for this or has had the same difficulty?

Does this have anything to do with the prl because I have no idea which to use pretty much just searched the web for anything i thought would work and they all seem to allow me to text but not to call anyone.

Carrier
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Did u dial *228?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Has anyone got the data to work properly, I have the evo shift and I have talk text, and mms working great. What I can't figure out is why my 3g data cuts in and out so much. I have it so that it authincates and I get data but it keeps shutting off and turning back on. Any help would be great.

Carrier
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Data to Pageplus from Sprint Phones...

Having successfully gotten data to work on a number of Sprint Phones on pageplus, here's the trick.

Before I proceed, remember that since these phones are Sprint phones you will not get EvDo authentication keys from Verizon, thus full EvDo will never work. The only way to make EvDo work is by doing "illegal" stuff, but achieving 1X data is a breeze.

First, be sure you're running a Sense ROM, that has EPST.APK included.
    Second, you'll need CDMA Workshop or QPST.
    This guide assumes you've programmed your NAM settings, that you've uploaded a PRL for Verizon to the phone, and that your 3G connects but is not reliable.

1. Open the dialer and do ##3282#. Put in your MSL when asked for it.
    2. Choose EVDO settings, change preferred mode from Automatic to CDMA Only.
    3. Reboot your phone, and you should have 1X mobile data.
    4. To avoid "Data Call Failure" Errors, use CDMA Workshop or QPST to change Mobile IP to Simple IP Only.

The reason these settings work is that HDR data (EvDo) is never initiated, but 1X is. 1X also does NOT require AAA Authentication, thus it will connect and stay connected reliably. IN fact, you probably don't have to mess with mip profiles either, as these are only for HDR.

Those of you with a Shift or Evo4G on Pageplus may want to consider putting the Wimax radio on clearwire. It's a piece of cake and gives you 4G data. My pageplus bill with unlim voice,text, 1x data and 4G is $90/month. If you did the talk, txt and clearwire, you're looking at $75/month. =-)

Feedback Score
    Hi Could someone repost or pm me the files that goonygugle posted please.
    Megaupload doesnt work anymore.
    Thanks!!

Phone
    Iphone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Stovepipe , you don't have to do anything illegal , when you activate a verizon phone for the first time all the programming is sent to it , you just need to be provisioned properly to accept it , And if you try to provision it while its already been activated it will never work because the a-key is only sent out with the initial programming any 3g sprint phone is capable of being on verizon 3g. I will look for my evo files tonight and reupload them .

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    i just programmed an evo 4g to pageplus with solid 3g and mms using this tutorial
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...1HHFxw&cad=rja
    cdma workshop demo 3.8 to find the msl code and change it to 000000 for programming and qpst 2.7 build 366 for data service programming it was not that difficult

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Jesus View Post
    Hey guys I followed the directions in the guide with my evo 4g. Been at it for literally the entire day. So I did as I read and after having them switch me to the evo from my old PP phone I am only able to send and receive text messages. I can use my wifi also but i cannot make or receive phone calls. Hoping maybe someone had a solution for this or has had the same difficulty?

Does this have anything to do with the prl because I have no idea which to use pretty much just searched the web for anything i thought would work and they all seem to allow me to text but not to call anyone.
    did you enter both your mobile number and MSID #? remember it's not always the same.

did you enter the right SID id? here's a list if you have the wrong one:
    http://www.roamingzone.com/sid/sid4000.shtml

another way to make sure it activates properly, make sure you change your lock code to 000000 then just do *22890 that will correctly program the phone with your phone number and the verizon prl file (which will show you as roaming). if you can make calls after that, then you can go back and change the PRL file to one of the modified ones so you are not showing as roaming.

hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stovepipe01 View Post
    Those of you with a Shift or Evo4G on Pageplus may want to consider putting the Wimax radio on clearwire. It's a piece of cake and gives you 4G data. My pageplus bill with unlim voice,text, 1x data and 4G is $90/month. If you did the talk, txt and clearwire, you're looking at $75/month. =-)
    yeah that's exactly what i did.....but i pay considerably less since it's my second clear line, so for $59 a month i get unlim voice,text, 1x data and 4G

Phone
    Iphone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You are not getting 3g speed with this method, due to the fact that the evo shows the 3g symbol or 1x or evdo people think they are getting 3g, a simple speed test will show that. download the speed test app
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3rd@hotmail View Post
    i just programmed an evo 4g to pageplus with solid 3g and mms using this tutorial
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...1HHFxw&cad=rja
    cdma workshop demo 3.8 to find the msl code and change it to 000000 for programming and qpst 2.7 build 366 for data service programming it was not that difficult

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast