Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo on PagePlus???

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Cain, can you help me out a little with my EVO. This is what I have done so far;

-of course I got talk and text working with the modified PRL to get rid of that pesky triangle everyone is so worried about.

-QPST I set account 1 to something@sprintpcs.com for provisioning

-Made account 2 xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com for NAI and xxxxxxxxxx@dun.vzw3g.com for tethered.

-PPP I set Um and AN User names xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com and PW to vzw

-On the phone I dide ##data# set the MMSC url to www.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Right now 3g is very spotty, Wap works most of the time, and once in a while I can send MMS. Does not seem to download it too well. Do I have to set the PPCReseller as my proxy?

Thank you in advance

Phones
    LG Rumor2 PagePlus
    Samsung Exclaim Sprint
    Feedback Score
    JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU TURN OFF SYNC, AND LEAVE MOBILE DATA OFF when you aren't using it. I can BLEED 50mb in a day of usage on mine.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Question

Any luck with getting the 3G data working, guys? I have the Droid Incredible currently on P+, and I love it. But I can definitely see going for the larger screen, and the front facing camera of the EVO. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have it working for the most part. MMS is spotty though. Now just playing the waiting game trying to get Cain in on this discussion

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Question

Hmm, thanks for the update. Can we confirm that Cain has it working perfectly? Following the thread, it seems like he was inclined to help, have you tried PMing him?

I will try and keep following this thread. Hopefully, you guys figure something out. I would have loved to help, but I currently only own the Droid Incredible.

Thanks for all your help though, guys!

Phone
    blackberry tour
    Carrier
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    we have all been trying to figure out this info for a minute. i wish someone would just post in this thread saying, yup all data capabilities work 100%. to bad this is a sprint phone

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I personally don't PM anyone anymore lol. Last time I did with a question I got my *** chewed out. So I figure I will wait it out, I'm sure if anyone has a full working solution its Cain.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    JAY D, it would never be the 100% cause of the 4G, obviously, but I know what you are saying.

krinen, I am sorry to hear about your experience, although I can honestly say that it has never happened to me that way. In this case, however, it might be different, since Cain has already been inclined/agreed to help in this thread.

Oh well, will wait it out.

Not to hijack the thread, but, since we are having some issues with the Evo, have you guys considered the Droid X instead?

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I considered the Droid X, then I remembered sending my original Droid to Motorola 6 times for repair lol. I swore after that never to buy a Motorola again. Plus the evo only cost me $100 lol.

I will bite the bullet and pm Cain on this one. I really want to get mms working 100%.

Phones
    HTC Evo - Sprint
    HTC Evo - Sprint
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Aight so let me see if I understand correctly..

You get 3g but lose it from time to time? Are you getting a "data call error" by chance?

Also when MMS is not working, is that when you don't have the 3g symbol?

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yes I was getting the data call error. It also took awhile for the 3G icon to appear after a reboot. The 3G icon was very spotty as well.

Today I switched back to CricKet just due to the unlimited data. However on BOTH cricket and PagePlus the phone will still not tell me if and when I have voicemail. I find that very odd.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Good to see the communication guys! Please keep this thread updated. I would like to take the leap of trade or whatever, as soon as you guys crack this one. Thanks in advance Cain and krinen!

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I can seem to send MMS on PagePlus but can not get them. Also 3G is still very spotty. Seems that the trick is going to be in the APN's and ##data#.

I have full working Market and Web with Cricket as well, still no MMS with Cricket either, even with the programmer.

Sorry for dragging Cricket into the thread I just feel that it is going to be a similar issue and would like to kill two birds with one stone.

Phones
    Omnia, Evo
    Samsung Omnia
    HTC Evo
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I am a noob trying to follow this thread but got lost somewhere along the way. Like most, data /mms has been the problem. Krinen, can you provide a little more detail of your journey to get to this point so I can see where I got lost? Did you rely on the HTC/PagePlus forums solely for your info or did you go to other forums/sites as well?

Thanks in Advance

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Honestly I treated it like I was flashing a Samsung moment or any other Sprint data phone.

Most of your work will be done in QPST, only thing that you will need workshop for is to set your SPC to 000000 if not done already and just to verify the EVDO tab (paid version).

I am going to assume that you have your NAM settings written to the phone. If that is the case you want to deal with the MIP and PPP tabs.

- Set phone to SIMPLE IP to get rid of data call errors

- In the MIP tab make a account #2 if there is not one and set it to active.

-Made account 2 xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com for NAI and xxxxxxxxxx@dun.vzw3g.com for tethered NAI. Make.

- Goto PPP tab and set UM tethered to xxxxxxxxxx@dun.vzw3g.com and User name to xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com and PW to vzw.

- AN tab User name to xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com and PW to vzw

- Open Workshop and read the EVDO tab make sure all of the User Names are set to xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com and all of the PWs vzw.

- To get rid of Voicemail errors download Titanium Backup (Must be rooted), and uninstall Voicemail.apk.

- Set up a Google voice or VVM account and forward your unanswered calls to the # that they give you.

There you have it working WAP and Working VVM for the Evo on Page Plus. I hope that helps, I will be taking screen shots and doing a step by step soon. I hope to be in talks with Cain about getting MMS working without coding it into a ROM.

Hope you enjoy the phone IT'S A BEAST! lol

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast