Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Simple Mobile: Unlimited Voice/Data/Messaging = $60?

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score

Simple Mobile: Unlimited Voice/Data/Messaging = $60?

On simple mobile's page it says "$60 unlimited everything-Nationwide voice, messaging and mobile web" but when you add it to your cart and go to check out, surprise, it indicates "unlimited" is only 150MB.

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple-Mobile-Plan.aspx

However, when you go to activate the SIM card it lets you select unlimited data.

https://myaccount.mysimplemobile.com...activation.jsp

Again, it lets you select the $60 unlimited plan, and it automatically checks "Unlimited Data Service"

Perhaps Simple Mobile does offer unlimited data now? This would be big news. $60 unlimited everything via T-Mo MVNO undercuts T-Mo by $20 (EM+ unlimited 3-in-1, or $40 less than EM unlimited).

Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile's native network, and includes 3G/HSPA+ access on unlocked AWS phones. Thie site even links to Google's Nexus One.

Device(s)
    HTC Dream - Unlocked/Rooted
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Its capped to 1 GiB according to the prepaid forum. It's also limited to T-Mobile native coverage, no AT&T roaming :-/.
    If you really expect an interesting signature, look elsewhere ...
    - AT&T *really* amazed me, but their spotty 3G network lost me.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 (VZW), iPad 4 (1GB plan on T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This thread got me interested in Simple Mobile, but now I def won't be getting it.

I looked through the TOS on the official site and they will throttle your data after 1GB. No thanks. My plan with T-Mobile is already cheap and I always use over 1GB so no good for me.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    If you live in an strong T-Mobile EDGE zone, this could save you money. It is hard to rack up more than 1GB/month with EDGE only. I myself could probably squeek by on 1GB if I curbed my usage a bit (the most I've ever used is 1.5GB, and I live in 3G zone). Still my T-mobile is working for now, but this Simple Mobile could save GSM users a ton.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I rack up over 1GB a month on EDGE. This is probably due to the fact that I drive a lot and get bored so I have Pandora streaming. (local radio here stinks). I agree, if not streaming a lot, it would be hard to go over 1GB.

I also read that you're ONLY able to use the T-Mo network, no roaming. I roam often on ATT when I'm in PA for school so this is a no go for me. I'd be going through half a day with the "no signal" thing on my phone with Simple Mobile. :P

Still, this may

Feedback Score
    I was a Pageplus fanboy for the last 6-7 months. Became a dealer and all (along with everyone else). Anyone I came into possession of a GSM phone and with the changes with Pageplus and rate increase I decided to try out SimpleMobile. So far I LOVE it. I have to admit pageplus/verizon got a signal in alot more places but I haven't had to use my phone and not been able to like Sprint/Metro (I'm in Jacksonville).

I guess what I'm getting at is SimpleMobile is sweet, once I figure out how to hack this 8520 it's going to be even better, I got the 100mb plan hopefully next month I'll jump on the "unlimited".

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It kind of stinks that there is no BIS option on Simple Mobile

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Again, it lets you select the $60 unlimited plan, and it automatically checks "Unlimited Data Service"

Perhaps Simple Mobile does offer unlimited data now? This would be big news. $60 unlimited everything via T-Mo MVNO undercuts T-Mo by $20 (EM+ unlimited 3-in-1, or $40 less than EM unlimited).

Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile's native network, and includes 3G/HSPA+ access on unlocked AWS phones. Thie site even links to Google's Nexus One.
    I think their website is just behind the times a few days, and unlimited (fast < 1GB + slow > 1GB) data is for real.

I ordered the SIM and a PIN from their website 6/16 and it showed up in my mailbox 6/19. Can't beat the e-commerce service, and the quality of help I got by calling their port in line to inquire was high too. Plus it's 24x7 and bilingual.

When comparing costs don't forget your T-Mobile has taxes heaped on top, while SimpleMobile and most prepaid carriers don't do that. So SimpleMobile $60 for Unlimited x 3 is comparable to T-Mobile's $80 + TAX (perhaps $88).

I'm going to fire up that SIM when my EM+ 500 plan month runs out or threatens to go over 500 A/T minutes.

One of the other nice things about SM is that each month you can decide $40 (no data), $50 (light data) or $60 (full data).

My only pre-complaint is there is no auto-refill. PagePlus does not have this either, and I'm beginning to wonder if the underlying carriers (TMo, Verizon) make that a requirement of their MVNOs to discourage defections.

BTW, for those wondering the SIM # begins with 890126 so there should be no phone lock issues for those porting over from TMo. I'd test it out, but all my phones are unlocked...
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Feedback Score
    The saddest part is I don't even give a crap about BIS I just would like to be able to install programs OTA through Opera Mini without it loading web2go and then failing/not letting me.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher68;13820-433
    It kind of stinks that there is no BIS option on Simple Mobile

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twoshadetod View Post
    The saddest part is I don't even give a crap about BIS I just would like to be able to install programs OTA through Opera Mini without it loading web2go and then failing/not letting me.
    Is that possible on a Blackberry? When I tried to OTA programs on a Verizon BB, which was on PagePlus, it would fire up the BB browser instead of doing it through Opera Mini. I thought it was a Blackberry limitation.

I loaded some programs through Blackberry Desktop instead, but that only worked if the publisher would provide the program for self-loading.

Feedback Score
    I think there is a hack that allows you to do it but haven't found it yet or if what I found was, lost it. There was a video on youtube where a kid showed how to remove then resinstall web2go on the black berry i think (didn't watch the whole thing, i didn't realize I needed it at the time ) the reason for doing so was so you would be able to install programs.

When I try to install programs with the desktop manager I always get a message that there is not enough room, but it will not let me remove any programs. I added a 4gb card to it and still get the message. Is there a built in filemanager?

Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59 View Post
    Is that possible on a Blackberry? When I tried to OTA programs on a Verizon BB, which was on PagePlus, it would fire up the BB browser instead of doing it through Opera Mini. I thought it was a Blackberry limitation.

I loaded some programs through Blackberry Desktop instead, but that only worked if the publisher would provide the program for self-loading.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twoshadetod View Post
    When I try to install programs with the desktop manager I always get a message that there is not enough room, but it will not let me remove any programs. I added a 4gb card to it and still get the message. Is there a built in filemanager?
    I find it surprising that memory is completely full. It's also odd that you can't remove anything. Are you doing that by unchecking the program you want to get rid of?

It kind of sounds to me like the blackberry is locked, but I'm not a BB expert. I had no problem on a few BBs to uninstall junk like facebook by just unchecking the undesired items.

I was tinkering with BBs a little, as a potential programming platform, but then Google IO gave me a free Droid and Evo and I haven't really touched the BBs since because I much prefer the Android concept.

You would probably profit from posting your problem in the BB subforum of the carrier who sold your BB originally.

Feedback Score
    You aren't throttled at 1GB. Your data plan is simply terminated. This happened to me about 2.5 weeks into a month. Now I'm stuck without a data plan until I get my new sim card with another provider.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuronix View Post
    You aren't throttled at 1GB. Your data plan is simply terminated. This happened to me about 2.5 weeks into a month. Now I'm stuck without a data plan until I get my new sim card with another provider.
    How far in advance did they warn you that you were approaching 1GB?

Did you not care to slow down the data usage temporarily?

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Google Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast