Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Verizon Plan? Verizon Reseller?

Feedback Score

Cheapest Verizon Plan? Verizon Reseller?

What are the cheapest plans, can be from a reseller also?

Have a friend whose daughter needs one.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Plans will be the same wherever you go. Lowest advertised plan is 39.99/mo with 450 minutes. Unlimited nights/weekends, unlimited M2M.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    $45 unlimited everything. Straight Talk. Is awesome for a feature phone. Don't sign a contract unless you just want a smart phone. Feature phones on contract just doesn't make sense anymore.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
    What are the cheapest plans, can be from a reseller also?

Have a friend whose daughter needs one.
    What does she want? Just text and calling? If so, Unlimited messaging and 450 mins with unlimited nights, weekends, and mobile to mobile is 59.99.
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Samsung Facinate
    Moto Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    $45 unlimited everything. Straight Talk. Is awesome for a feature phone. Don't sign a contract unless you just want a smart phone. Feature phones on contract just doesn't make sense anymore.
    Just don't plan on Verizon servicing ur phone when it mess up!!!

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LG Nut View Post
    Just don't plan on Verizon servicing ur phone when it mess up!!!

Ditto to the nth degree. If you buy Straight Talk, Page Plus, etc, or any other MVNO who happens to be pimping Verizon's network, don't be surprised when the guy in a Verizon shirt tells you to go screw when you have a billing problem, phone malfunction, coverage problem, etc, etc....these services may work on Verizon's network, but they are not Verizon products and services, and VZW reps are not trained to handle problems associated with these MVNO's. The reason carriers like PP or ST are so cheap is because they don't, um....provide "customer service".

Not trying to **** on them, just trying to level the expectations.
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan View Post
    Ditto to the nth degree. If you buy Straight Talk, Page Plus, etc, or any other MVNO who happens to be pimping Verizon's network, don't be surprised when the guy in a Verizon shirt tells you to go screw when you have a billing problem, phone malfunction, coverage problem, etc, etc....these services may work on Verizon's network, but they are not Verizon products and services, and VZW reps are not trained to handle problems associated with these MVNO's. The reason carriers like PP or ST are so cheap is because they don't, um....provide "customer service".

Not trying to **** on them, just trying to level the expectations.
    I can't even think of where to start. They have problems with people adding money and it never showing up on their account, so they are screwed 45.00 because Customer Service is pretty much nothing.

Phones
    Motorola Krave
    Motorola v9m
    Samsung a930
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If all you want is a basic phone for talk and text, and cheap service, Straight Talk is hard to beat. I've been using it for a second line for a project and it has been fine for the past two months. $30 for 1000 min and texts or $45 for unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    What does she want? Just text and calling? If so, Unlimited messaging and 450 mins with unlimited nights, weekends, and mobile to mobile is 59.99.
    This sounds like what she said she could get, does this include picture texts too? I believe she wants that too.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This sounds like what she said she could get, does this include picture texts too? I believe she wants that too.
    Yes, unlimited text, picture, video (on select phones), and IM. What kind of phone does she want? If she wants something with a good camera, they have one online that is 5.1 Mega Pixel for 19.99. It doesn't require a data plan.

Feedback Score
    Is Page plus considered mobile to mobile on verizon? I think she'll have to get a new phone, she told me about the $60 plan on Verizon. I don't want to recommend a cheaper plan that is buggy and get blamed for it, haha. Is Verizon prepaid as good as contract?

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Is Page plus considered mobile to mobile on verizon? I think she'll have to get a new phone, she told me about the $60 plan on Verizon. I don't want to recommend a cheaper plan that is buggy and get blamed for it, haha. Is Verizon prepaid as good as contract?
    Nope Straight Talk isn't considered mobile to mobile. But you can't beat the price. It runs on the same network and works just as good.

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    But as stated earlier, what you gain monthly on those prepaid MVNO networks is lost in customer service and support. Page Plus is especially bad; just go read their forum on this site to see what I mean. You can go with a dealer of one of those companies who will deal with crappy CS for you, but that's what you pay Verizon extra for every month - you know you can walk into a store or call 611 and get help. If you think it's worth it to give up good CS, then there's no reason to not go with Page Plus, Straight Talk etc buut if you want something that is guaranteed to be low maintenance, you're better off sticking with postpaid.

Phones
    HTC EVO 3D
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Transform
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    OK, I've got to speak up for PagePlus: I've used them for 2-3 years without problems. When I have questions, I send an e-mail to their customer service team and they respond fairly quickly (within a day, generally)...I've bought additional minutes through pinzoo.com (a third-party reseller) and never had problems adding them to my account.

I guess different people have different expectations, and it could be that this is the one area of my life that I'm "low-maintenance", but I would recommend PP to anyone that needs basic, dependable service.

After all that, though, I'd also point out that they don't exactly have cutting-edge phones and the VZW pre-paid options also sucked last time I checked.

Just my $0.02.
    I can either be 'smart' or I can be 'pretty'. Today, we're going with 'pretty'.

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid
    Palm Pre / HTC Hero
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    I was just explaining this to someone earlier today. Contracts are really only necessary for devices that will require data plans. Otherwise, Page Plus or Straight Talk are excellent options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast