Page 116 of 147 FirstFirst ... 16 66 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2196

Thread: Motorola DROID X MB810 (Xtreme/Shadow) Pre-Release Thread Part 3 - Information Only

Phones
    Droid X w/CM7GB
    Cingular 8125(past)
    Samsung U740 (Past)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I was transferring some stuff to the SD card on the X and there was already an image in the Thumbnail directory. It looks like people doing phone programming, as you can see a few Droid X phones. The original image was not on the card, just its thumbnail, but it has a date of June 30th, 3:55pm. My guess is that someone tested the camera and deleted the pic, but it left the thumbnail.

haha nice!

Phones
    Droid X
    HTC Eris & Motorola Droid
    BB Storm 1 & Curve 8330 & Lots of LG Dumbphones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjavvaji View Post
    small question...i know many android games are made for the 800x480 rez (ie unsupported games that dont have updates) so would they work on the 854x480 device?...if so, are they stretched or just black bordered?
    Most games that are made for 800x480 either stretch so little that you don't notice (54 pixels..) or have a small border at the top/bottom. Good apps theme the border to match the games UI or something and it isn't noticeable. I've had no issues with this on my Droid so don't worry.
    I was transferring some stuff to the SD card on the X and there was already an image in the Thumbnail directory. It looks like people doing phone programming, as you can see a few Droid X phones. The original image was not on the card, just its thumbnail, but it has a date of June 30th, 3:55pm. My guess is that someone tested the camera and deleted the pic, but it left the thumbnail.

LOL the dude at this laptop is creeping on them with your X.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy711styl View Post
    Went to Verizon store on Friday and they had the dummy. I like the size of the phone, however, I noticed the physical buttons to be a bit recessed. I know that someone mentioned that the dummy phone's buttons are recessed. For those who have tried an active version, are the buttons out of the phone enough so that I don't have to use my finger nail to press them ?
    According to every picture and review I've seen, there shouldn't be an issue. They appear to be "popped out" enough to be perfect. Reviews all like the buttons, video reviewers hit the buttons with 0 effort/nail, and pictures show them sticking out more than in.
    There's a map for that...

Phones
    Droid X w/CM7GB
    Cingular 8125(past)
    Samsung U740 (Past)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is it just me, or does it look like the only case that will cover the screen is the custom leather pouch? I hope it doesn't use a magnet to close.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy711styl View Post
    Went to Verizon store on Friday and they had the dummy. I like the size of the phone, however, I noticed the physical buttons to be a bit recessed. I know that someone mentioned that the dummy phone's buttons are recessed. For those who have tried an active version, are the buttons out of the phone enough so that I don't have to use my finger nail to press them ?
    I went to a verizon store and they had a real demo unit. The buttons are not recessed on the real unit.

Phone
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Motorola Droid X: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 480X854 motorola DROIDX 854X480 motorola DROIDX)

I'm amazed, but one thing I've noticed that is fixed in the new firmware is that the small text in web pages are no longer jagged around the edges. I noticed it right away when using the browser...wow the small text is sharper and not pixelated. Thank you Motorola.
    This really makes me wish every phone site known hadn't rushed to get a review typed up with their demo units. Hopefully someone will still do a review with a final release version. (Or maybe do a follow up review?) I just wonder what else might have been changed/improved...

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
    Hmmm, the extended battery isn't listed that was showing in the launch package.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
    I guess the question is, can i charge the phone while it's in the car dock? It would be stupid if the dock doesn't let you do that.

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since the Droid X was updated from .516 to .604 firmware, I took a few new pics today to see if anything changed. I think they *might* be a tad sharper, but its tough to tell when looking at them next to the pics I took with the .514 firmware. The color is still very accurate in the pictures. The video quality hasn't improved and is still 24fps (I was hoping that a firmware update would get it to 30fps).

http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx6.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx7.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx8.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx9.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx10.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx11.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx12.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx13.jpg
    MACRO:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/droidx14.jpg

Everyday Scene video:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droid...yday_scene.3gp
    Outside Scene video:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/droidx/outside_scene.3gp

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deercreek View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look like the only case that will cover the screen is the custom leather pouch? I hope it doesn't use a magnet to close.
    The "swivel holster" is a face-in design.

I plan to wait for Seido's Innocase Combo to be released, though. It adds to the thickness a little, but really protects the phone. Their swivel clips are extremely durable, as well. (The clip on the VZW-supplied case for my BB 8830 broke on my way home from the store!)
    Last edited by ashemo; 07-11-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    how could vzw lock down so many features of a good phone. I mean hell. Id love to get the Nokia 900, that has so much better specs, and the internal hotspot it offers gives up to 500 devices internet, and its free...not just the wirelss hotspot for 5 units, for $20 a month...Now..since this is android, a version of linux..will this phone sync up with my linux laptop without the phone being rooted? My friends HTC Heros wont do much on a linux computer which makes no sense to me, and they say they can only use windows which baffles me.
    Verizon is actually a LOT better about locking out features than they used to be. Them even having an Android phone is not something I would have guessed a few years back. They would cripple pretty much all phones, and it was especially obvious on devices like the Palm OS phones where you could not use anything but the one Verizon customized web browser (which was never updated). You would read the manufacturer's specs on the phone and then the phone would come to Verizon with many of those features removed. Stupid things like sharing photographs yout ook with the phone through anything but the Verizon pixplace website. ugh. Glad that's in the past.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    I guess the question is, can i charge the phone while it's in the car dock? It would be stupid if the dock doesn't let you do that.
    One of the reviews (posted on youtube) made it appear that sliding the phone into the car dock connected to the micro-USB port. The car dock also activates "car mode". I'm guessing it has a pass through port on the dock so you *can* plug that into a lighter charger, or maybe even some sort of car interface. The videos were shot at the launch event (or in an office), so it was not like they actually had a dock to play with in their own car.

I might not be explaining it right, but if you ever saw the docks for the iPhone.... by itself it is just an iPhone stand, but it has an iPod connector on the bottom that you can leave a cable connected to. That's what it looks like. Not sure how you would get the audio of the phone to your car stereo if you don't have bluetooth pairing. I didn't see a review that go into that.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ashemo View Post
    The "swivel holster" is a face-in design.

I plan to wait for Seido's Innocase Combo to be released, though. It adds to the thickness a little, but really protects the phone. Their swivel clips are extremely durable, as well. (The clip on the VZW-supplied case for my BB 8830 broke on my way home from the store!)
    This might have to be face-in because they are supposed to offer a hump battery that will be changing the dimensions of the phone. I'm curious how that large battery works with the car dock,,,,, if it does.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deercreek View Post
    It does use a magnet and it is BIG. Kind of heavy as well but that's how I roll. It is very nice looking and feels great. It has an elastic feel to it so it flexes when you pull the phone out. Highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    The charger plugs into the back of the dock and the dock has an adapter that plugs into the phone. it is pretty nice and quite an upgrade from the Droid's car dock.I just wish that for 40.00 bucks that it would have come with a power adapter.

Page 116 of 147 FirstFirst ... 16 66 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast