Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: page plus & smart phone?

Feedback Score

page plus & smart phone?

Hi, my wife and I want to get page plus but she wants a smart phone. I have looked at the list of phones that will work on page plus but I want to know from all of you which smart phone you like? I mean I have to get her a good one or I won't here the end of it, lol...thanks, great site...

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2010 View Post
    I mean I have to get her a good one or I won't here the end of it, lol...thanks, great site...
    Well then..........the answer is obvious. Better get her a droid!
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    i have the samsung saga bought for 60 .it has wi-fi touch sceen optical mouse you can get a good one cheap on ebay .i love mine good luck

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    A Motorola Q or Q9
    overall its the best bang for the buck

I would avoid Treos and older HTC smartphones are they are huge in size by today's standards.

Phone
    HTC Ozone XV6175
    Carrier
    PagePlus 1200
    Feedback Score
    ^ HTC Ozone is huge?

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I've had both an htc ozone and a droid eris on pageplus. they both work great. My one suggestion is that you get a smartphone that has wifi on it so that you can cut down on data use when you are in an area with free wifi. by using my wifi i have never used over 12 mbs a month on either phone.

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tellmewhentogo View Post
    ^ HTC Ozone is huge?

read it again. the words I used are rather vital to the point I made
    The ozone was out last summer its still being sold by some carriers

Phone
    Palm Pixi Plus
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular via dealer
    Feedback Score
    Whatever you do, avoid Blackberry - I think they are still banned (someone corrects me if no longer banned).
    Before you buy any smartphone especially newer one, check with PPC or one its dealer (see sticky on PPC
    dealers) and make sure it will work.

Sheng-Chieh

Feedback Score
    I suggest going to a VZW store and let her play with some different operating systems. Maybe she likes Android, maybe Windows Mobile. Or, buy one of each, super duper cheap (like bad ESN cheap), on ebay (or anywhere else), and give her for a few days. Let her see what she is more comfortable with. Also...what is her keyboard preference? Hardware or onscreen?

My opinions:

If money is not a factor, HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid X (in a few days), HTC Imagio, HTC TP2, LG Fathom.

Value: Drois Eris, Samsung Saga, HTC Ozone, Omnia 2
    How is it that we give up houses, businesses and bank accounts when we want a divorce but can't part with a couple of hundred bucks to find cellphone bliss?

Feedback Score
    Well, she perfers an actual keyboard. I was looking at XV6800 or the Palm Treo 755p. Only because these are both around a hundred dollars new. We don't want to spend more than 150.00 on a phone. These phones are older but the newer ones are WAY out of our range, lol. Any help would be great! Thanks for all the reply's. I'm loving this site......

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2010 View Post
    We don't want to spend more than 150.00 on a phone. These phones are older but the newer ones are WAY out of our range, lol.
    I just picked up a 3 month old, perfect and just like new, Moto Droid for 120 bux! I found it listed on the local CL for 140. I know this doesn't help you, BUT maybe it will help inspire you in your search for a phone. Nice phones can be had on the cheap if you are persistent. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    Nice phones can be had on the cheap if you are persistent.
    ^^ Beyond true. It took me 2.5 months to get a HTC Imagio for my target price. It took me 3 months to get a Sprint Touch Pro 2 for my target price. Heck, its like that with everything I buy from ebay or Craigslist. I actually spend months checking auctions and classifieds everyday for a cheap listing. If time is on your side, then don't rush.

Feedback Score

Phone search

Well we don't really want to wait 3 months for one. I would like to get one sooner than that. What about the above mentioned phones? Has anyone tried the XV6800? A little lost here, lol....

Feedback Score
    If you are trying to stay under $150 and neither of you have had a smartphone before, I'd recommend trying 1 android based phone and 1 WM based phone and since WM have been around longer go for a Keyboard based WM phone. You can always upgrade later and resell whatever you start with. For the WM phone that's under $150 with a Keyboard I'd recommend trying the HTC Ozone. One nice thing about that particular phone is you can find customized roms if you decide you want to play around with fully customizing the phone and even in stock form is a pretty decent phone.

On the Android side if you are trying to stay under $150 you'll need to work a little harder but now that Verizon stopped selling the HTC Droid Eris I've noticed the prices dropping a little as people upgrade to newer Android based phones. Other options to look at on CL and ebay on the android side are the Moto Droid and Samsung Moment(if you are a little more adventurous and willing to deal with buying a bad esn sprint phone and modding it to work on PagePlus).

Feedback Score
    Thanks, yea I looked at the Ozone but they are in the 200 and up area for price. I think I saw one on ebay that was listed new for 199.99. Anyways she dosen't like the touch screen numbers. I on the other hane don't really care either way, lol....I do like that HTC Mogul XV6800....is there any where else to purchase besides CL and ebay? Some websites maybe.......thank you very much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast