Thread: Just activated a Sprint branded CDMA phone at boostmobile.com

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Just activated a Sprint branded CDMA phone at boostmobile.com

Sorry if this has already been reported, I check this site a few times a week and have never seen anyone do this before.

I just used their 'activate' feature on their site, entered my DEC, and a got a message that the phone was previously activated and will be charged $10 to reactivate. I clicked the 'agree' button and I was off and running. I got programing instructions and everything.

Last time I tried it about 2 months ago (this same phone in fact) it said that I had to call CS to activate. It was previously activated on Boost, but I did an ESN swap with my Instinct. The phone is a Sprint C290 (yes Sprint).

Feedback Score
    interesting

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just tried with Sprint Palm Centro and got this message:

MEID/ESN provide is not eligible for activation with Boost. Please use valid Boost equipment for Activation.

I would guess the Sprint c290 probably shared the same ESN pattern as the Boost c290 and hence the website/automated system allows it.

I believe the new feature is that you can activate used handsets on Boostmobile.com, and some Sprint handsets that are similar to their Boost brethren will also work.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have just went through Ebay and found about 100 Sprint ESNs and tried them on the Activate page on BoostMobile.com and not a single one worked. Every single one I tried said " MEID/ESN provided is already in use by another customer. Please call Boost Care to activate this.
    enter in SIM ID and IMEI"

So I'm going to just continue to assume it does not work for ANY Sprint phone.

Phone
    Note II Repaired after SDS
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I will add that the Palm Centro I tried to activate above used to be active on Boost. So that's not why the Sprint c290 slipped through.. just a fluke, I think.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Fluke, or Troll?

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, not a troll, but thanks DT. Actually, I thought it was more interesting that I was able to activate a 'previously activated' phone on boostmobile.com. I thought you could only activate a new boost phone on their website, was I wrong in thinking that?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No, you can activate new and used Boost phones online, as well as SIM Cards, until they stop allowing people to input the IDEN Activation Code, which is coming very soon unfortunately.

But you said you activated a "Sprint Phone" and I tried most of the morning using ESN and MEID from Ebay Ads for Sprint phones and not a single one worked.

Carrier
    ST Unlimited x 4 Lines
    Feedback Score
    I GET THIS MESSAGE "MEID/ESN provide is not eligible for activation with Boost. Please use valid Boost equipment for Activation." WHEN I TRIED TO ACTIVATE "PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED" MOTO Q9C, DIAMOND AND BB8830..

CANT BELIEVE THAT..?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You really didn't make much sense man. We already know what message it says, and there's no need to type continuously in caps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    No, you can activate new and used Boost phones online, as well as SIM Cards, until they stop allowing people to input the IDEN Activation Code, which is coming very soon unfortunately.
    They will soon disallow IDEN Activation Code?

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post

But you said you activated a "Sprint Phone" and I tried most of the morning using ESN and MEID from Ebay Ads for Sprint phones and not a single one worked.
    DT, well I too tried a bunch ESNs on eBay (I'm sure the same ones you tried) and of course none of them worked. So I don't know what to say.

Is there something that could be different about my c290 that allowed it to work? It does have "Best Buy Mobile" engraved on the back cover, it was apparently a loaner phone. I don't know enough about cell phones, I'm just happy I made it this far

Feedback Score

Me Too...

I have a Mogul and a Q9c on Boost and neither would activate through the Boost Mobile website BUT the ESN for the Sprint c290 I have was accepted with the same message the original poster got, I didn't go through with though because I don't like the phone. I just assumed it was because Boost also had their own branded c290.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. Not much I can say because I dunno. Maybe the C290 was one that both Boost and Sprint had the same phones listed but just different branding.

As for online IDEN Activation, No they're not taking it away, but they are going to stop accepting duplicate "activation numbers". Meaning once you use the "activation number" it will be removed from the system and not allowed again.

Edit: Actually it has already been implemented. Before it said since the activation number was used there will be a $10 fee, but now it says, "This Activation Number has already been used. Activation Number can only be used one time. "

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am trying to activate a Palm Centro on Boost and they aren't allowing me. Are there any ideas on how I could?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast