Thread: Samsung R355C - Same web type browsing on Straight Talk as Net10 version?

Phones
    LG Dare (Verizon)
    Samsung T401G (Net10)
    Feedback Score

Samsung R355C - Same web type browsing on Straight Talk as Net10 version?

I'm afraid I can guess the answer but thought it's worth asking anyway...

I picked up a Samsung R355C for my Net10 accout and have to say that the phone actually exceeded what I expected it to be. I haven't figured out if it's using AT&T or Verizon in my area yet (zip 30127) but the reception in the house is excellent, as is the call quality.

Here's my issue and question related to Straight Talk....

Ok, the web browsing really realllllly stinks. I used up a solid 7 minutes navigating to the 1980s style weather radar page the other day. Used maybe 6 minutes checking web mail. So the web features are an "emergency only" type of thing with this on Net10. Should I assume that if I decide to switch over to Straight Talk and get that version of the Samsung R355C phone that the web browser/format is exactly the same as it is on the Net10 version, or is it altered a little?

I know the Samsung R810 Finesse uses a more traditional brower, but I've heard other issues about it via reviews regarding sluggish touch controls, and poor reception indoors compared to the Samsung R355C. Reception is more important to me than anything else, so I won't go the Finesse route and would just do without web if I had to. Just wanted to know what to expect out of Straight Talks version on the R355C.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It`s not on AT&T, which is for GSM phones only. To find the carrier go to https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp
    Enter your number and it will tell you. Just don't continue and sign up unless you want to.

Phones
    LG Dare (Verizon)
    Samsung T401G (Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks for that link - it confirms mine is using Verizon on the Net10 version of this phone.

Regarding the web browser between the Net10 and Straight Talk versions of the phone though - do you now if they're the same, or if the Straight Talk version has a faster/different browser? Thanks.