Thread: Does 'reboost' give you a discount?

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Retired: Motorola v262, v60i, Nokia 6360, 6161
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Does 'reboost' give you a discount?

Just checking...I thought I'd read on here that having your card on file with boost, so they can bill it every month gave you a few dollars off. Is that the case still?

(If the coverage ends up good, and it's the same price or less than my current carrier...)

Phone
    Evo 4g
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know if u have auto payments with $50/month they give some money on your account. You can always call customer service for a clear answer.

Phone
    Nextel i730
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I've been getting a couple of dollars added to my account, but I can't use that money toward my reboost. I can purchase apps or games, and I'm guessing that I can purchase Boost Navigator service with that account money.

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Huh, okay, thanks!

Phones
    Droid 2
    Droid 2
    I1
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Smile

Wait you're telling me if you reboost you cant use it to pay ur bill? I was going to start reboost next month, get the $20 credit, buy a $30 phone card and pay my monthly $50 that way the next month. So u cant do that? If so that SUX boost!!!!! I got the i1 i dont need to buy games off ur website when i can download them for free!

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I had just heard on here that doing ReBoost meant you got a $3 credit off your bill each month, which would have been cool. I particularly liked it because that would make Boost slightly cheaper than my current service :-D

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They actually give you a $2 credit after auto-reboosting.

Doesn't make sense for me personally as they tack on tax with auto-reboosting, costing $55.14 in my locale, so only $53.14 after the credit. If you have no sales tax then yeah its a pretty good deal.

It IS well worth it to at least join the auto-reboost payment method for one month to get a one time $20 credit, though.

Since I had auto-reboost way back in early 2009 I was not eligible for that credit but anyone who has never had auto-reboost set up before is.

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Awesome! Okay, that small credit is what I was thinking of-that will bring it down to the same price as my current plan.

I'm in Illinois too, but wasn't charged anything additional over the $50 for my first month of service? I thought the tax was built in to the $50? (Which is awesome, since that means Boost's $50 plan is really a "$40" plan from everyone else, after tax and especially random make believe charges.)

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    Awesome! Okay, that small credit is what I was thinking of-that will bring it down to the same price as my current plan.

I'm in Illinois too, but wasn't charged anything additional over the $50 for my first month of service? I thought the tax was built in to the $50? (Which is awesome, since that means Boost's $50 plan is really a "$40" plan from everyone else, after tax and especially random make believe charges.)
    I think the tax might be based on my area code as my address registered with them is in NV. In any case I get the cards off ebay for around $44.