Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rogers UNLIMITED Minutes Plan - $70 (retentions)

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To be honest, I will have to confirm this, because when I was talking to a Fido CSR, the guy specifically told me that the $35 unlimited plan covered Canada Wide.
    The only difference the $50 plan has was the US calling was included. Anyways will have dig to deeper on this.
    Thanks.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So for example I am outside my local calling area, and I recieve a LD call from the States, do I pay LD for picking up the call.....

I don't remember ever paying for it, unless I called.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayground View Post
    So for example I am outside my local calling area [LCA], and I recieve
    Then you'll pay LD, because you are not in your LCA.

(And I blotted out the rest of your sentence because it matters ZERO where the caller is calling from, or their ph num ... for INBOUND calls).

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BellVictim View Post
    Then you'll pay LD, because you are not in your LCA.

(And I blotted out the rest of your sentence because it matters ZERO where the caller is calling from, or their ph num ... for INBOUND calls).

So explain this to me, doesn't wherever u are become ur local calling area. I know exactly what u are saying, but there seems to be a grey area for some reason.
    There cud be plenty of misunderstandings in regards to this.............and I think thats why alot of people get confused.
    Because if wherever u are becomes ur local calling area, then shudn't the incoming calls be treated the same as if they were in ur LCA. Is this correct, or am I missing something.

I've always had CND LD, so it never really crossed my mind of how it works, so it didn't really matter when I recieved a call from anywhere in Canada, thats why I specified by mentioning the States. Because I know that I've recieved calls while being in places like Vancouver or Calgary from the States, and never being charged LD when recieving these calls.

Which then brings me to the question of whoever is calling me. If I'm in Calgary, and that is not my LCA, and I'm being charged LD, isn't the person from that LCA that is calling me being charged LD as well, because he/she is certainly not dialing their Local area code to call me. We can't be both paying LD charges.

So in simplest form, ur incoming is what changes when being outside ur real LCA. But when ure in ur Real LCA, ur outgoing is what changes.

Anyways, I think we're getting off topic............Will just try to get my knowledge straight again.
    Thanks

Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To be honest, I will have to confirm this, because when I was talking to a Fido CSR, the guy specifically told me that the $35 unlimited plan covered Canada Wide.
    The only difference the $50 plan has was the US calling was included. Anyways will have dig to deeper on this.
    Thanks.
    It's really very simple.

$35 is unlimited local calls. This applies to whatever local area you're in at the time you place a call. Canada-wide, as in no zones. You may be in ANY local calling area and make local calls. NO LONG DISTANCE IS INCLUDED.

$50 plan is unlimited local AND long distance, CAN/USA, from anywhere in Canada.

Regards.

FIDO $55 MB/SK unlimited w/5GB = $44.55 (BYOD 10% + add-a-line 10% discounts, $10/GB overage)
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB soft cap)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    So explain this to me,
    1) If your LCA always followed you then Rog would lose all LD revenue on inbound calls. I.E. it's a business decision by Rog to price things that way. 'Sensibility' & 'fairness' have no bearing.

2)
    Which then brings me to the question of whoever is calling me. If I'm in Calgary, and that is not my LCA, and I'm being charged LD, isn't the person from that LCA that is calling me being charged LD as well, because he/she is certainly not dialing their Local area code to call me.
    Yes, exactly correct.

But do you want to know/care where are the peeps you call ... or do you just want to know that calling xxx phone number will cost $y dollars, regardless.

Think about it further - if you were in Iran, and someone calls you, should they pay $x/min just cuz you're in Iran? How were they to know - they just dialed your normal Cdn number.

So it never matters where your recipient is when you outdial a call, it only matters what is their ph num, when it comes to billing you.

This makes sense, IMO.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE, Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Just had a Rogers rep tell me that I'm not eligible for the $50 plan because I have a current contract with them. When I threatened to cancel she asked if there was anything else she could help me with and refused to transfer me to retentions.

What is the most direct way to get to retentions now that the 866 number is no longer valid?

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS2000 View Post
    Just had a Rogers rep tell me that I'm not eligible for the $50 plan because I have a current contract with them. When I threatened to cancel she asked if there was anything else she could help me with and refused to transfer me to retentions.

What is the most direct way to get to retentions now that the 866 number is no longer valid?
    First, don't bring the plans up with CSR, since they have no authority to add them it is a waste of your breath.

Call back and when you get through to CSR ask to speak to someone about finding out the costs and procedures for canceling your account. That gets you to retentions. If you really want it, there is a direct line to the montreal retentions office floating around (not toll free) but remember they will know if you are being transfered or calling directly and this might influence how they negotiate with you. However you get through, don't be the one to mention the plan. Explain that your needs are changing, that you will be traveling through out Canada and need a plan that will allow you to go to major cities (mention some of the Wind cities) without paying out of zone and long distance charges and that you do or will make a lot of long distance to Canada and possible to the US. For these reasons you are looking at Wind, there prices were amazing and that is why you are calling to ask what is involved in canceling, though you would prefer to stay with Rogers. Let them know that you explained all of this to customer service when you called and they suggested you speak to customer relations and here you are. If they are going to make an offer at all, the requirements you laid out pretty much give them only the $50 plan as an option.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    When will retentions pick up on the empty threat Wind stories that keep getting rehashed to them LOL

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    When will retentions pick up on the empty threat Wind stories that keep getting rehashed to them LOL
    Likely the same time they pick up on all the empty threats to cancel.

Phones
    N97 NAM
    Nokia E90
    Nokia 5800 NAM
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Guys, speaking to retention reps is mind game..who takes control of the call? its a constant struggle..you gotta make rep believe that you are not bluffing that you are serious about cancelling the service...actually dare them to cancel your service to play mind game...everyone knows it takes 30 days to actual cancel the service...its mind and waiting game...if you are serious about getting serious retention plan..let them put cancellation request ..thank them and say its relief i am outta this company and hang up...now wait game starts..your cancellation goes to team called win back (after searching through howard forums in previous archives)...they are the ones who will call you next 7 days or something and be firm when you speak to them..they will give you crappy plans first...you gotta be firm what you looking for..it has to be reasonable though..can't expect 50% off from your services....you should be only concerned when you are in the last week of cancellation haven't heard anything from win back team..then you should call just to see how cancellation is going...try asking few times through various call back regarding cancellation date and penalty, various billing questions through retentions...most likely it will not get to this point if it did... i m sure one of the reps will try to save you because everyone gotta meet their stats...!!!
    Last edited by jalkamal108; 11-04-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Phones
    N97 NAM
    Nokia E90
    Nokia 5800 NAM
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Speaking from experience:

Be serious and make them believe you are canceling..be firm in the plan you are looking for with discounts (can't expect them to give you 50% off ).- this will trigger lame retention offer(Offer 1)
    Reject the offer, rep will put you on hold depending on the rep (Offer 2- will try to match closely, if match is not close ), reject again..and beg them to cancel your service.
    Rep will put cancellation request...Thank them end the call.

Win back will probably look at the previous offers (at least it did in my case on other line). try its best then try the super best to save you...at this time as a consumer you should really consider taking that offer..in my past experience, OP and win back offers are best..you can't better than the offers they give you.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    A few questions for people with the $50 plan. I actually have the Fido version, but since my question involves call forwarding and the Fido plans don't include it, I thought this would be the better forum to ask.

I am going to be the the US for a bit in the new year. I am thinking I will pickup a goPhone SIM from AT&T and use it in my iPhone while I am there. They downside here is that my friends and family at home will have to call my US number to reach me and so pay long distance until I call them back. So, I thought I would add call forwarding to my plan (cancel VVM at the same time) and just forward all calls to my US number. So my questions are:

1) Since I won't know my US number until I am down there, how would I activate the call forwarding (conditional or not) to my US number?
    2) I assume I insert my Fido SIM and just enter it enable it that way. Will this incur any roaming charges (just the enabling of CF)?
    3) Any other charges I should be concerned with?

I guess I could just forward my number to my Google Voice number and then add my US number to GV when I get it.

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    1) Since I won't know my US number until I am down there, how would I activate the call forwarding (conditional or not) to my US number?
    a) Do the fwd on the phone, even though you are located in USA when you do this. (makes no diff where you are located when you invoke CF); or
    b) Call Rog; AIUI a CSR can invoke CF for you, to a number that you provide to them

2) I assume I insert my Fido SIM and just enter it enable it that way. Will this incur any roaming charges (just the enabling of CF)?
    No, it will only incur LD (which is covered in your $50 plan).

IIRC rogers.com/CallingAreas has some tab, or sub-tab, or sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-tab that explains CF scenarios.

3) Any other charges I should be concerned with?
    Probably, though to be honest I cannot think of any myself.

Be wary of the 2,500 mins limit on CF (10c/min after?).

BTW, if you dial *HELP on your phone you get an IVR of info, and IIRC the num of CF minutes that system tells you that are included is much higher then the 'normal' 2,500 ... if you want to get cutsie with Rog and are exceeding 2,500 CF mins/mon you could claim to have observed and believed that *HELP info and thus hold Rog to honouring what it says ('contra proferentem' and all, eh?! : )

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TLS2000 View Post
    a) Visit s://RogersWatch.wordpress.com/Contact
    b) Observe direct RET number
    c) call direct RET number

(and if you need the number again in the future check that webpage first perhaps, since I try to keep it updated with the current RET ph num.)

HTH!

Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast