Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

iPhone 4 - High Temperature Warning

This morning I had just got done looking at a text message, locked the phone and then went to look at it again in about 5 minutes to look at an e-mail. When I pushed the home button to wake it up, I got a "high temperature" warning, was only able to make emergency calls and had no signal.

The unit has been sitting in my air conditioned office at around 72F. The phone is cool to the touch, nothing warm about it.

I let it sit on my desk and after about 30 seconds it went back to normal, and the signal restored.

Anyone else see this yet?

Phones
    T-mobile Dash
    T-mobile SDA
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Pictures or it never happened

Phone
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That was real mature - glad to see the content of this forum is getting better.

To humor you, it went away in about 30 seconds, no way to take a picture while it's in this state. There was a Yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside, and the bottom slider was flashing the emergency call message in different languages like when the phone isn't activated.

I've heard that the iPad does this when you leave it in the car, etc. A legitimate cause... I'm not going to make a big deal out of this, if it never happens again cool. Just wanted to know if anyone else had seen it yet.

Carrier
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Atomize This | Twitter

Howard Forums Feedback
    Redflagdeals Feedback

BB - 9900, 9700(x3), Bold(x5), 8820(x2), 8800, 8100, 8320(x2)
    HTC - Diamond 2, Diamond, Polaris, Artemis, Desire, Desire Z
    Nokia - E72-2, N97(x2), E75(x2), Sapphire Arte, 5800 XM, E90, N95-4,E71-2(x4),E65,N82,8600,3120
    Sony - W810i
    Samsung - D807
    Apple - iPhone 3G 8GB(x2), 16GB(x3), iPhone 3GS(x5), iPhone 4 16GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPhone 5s 64GB

Phone
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's it! I didn't think to look in the s60 forum... That fella states that some people are having this issue, guess I'm not alone? I wonder where he read that...

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G [s] 16GB white
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB white, HTC Fuze
    Nokia E71-2 grey steel (traded)
    Carrier
    Rogers-Canada's Wireless Leader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohit View Post
    Pictures or it never happened
    haha u just got pwned
    Apple: iPhone 2g 8GB x2, iPhone 3G 16GB x2, iPhone 16GB 3G [s] iPhone 32GB 3G [s] CURRENT
    SE W910i x2, SE W610i, SEW810i x3, SE W580i, SE Z710i, SE K750i, w200a, w600i, k790a, K550i
    BB Pearl, BB Curve, BB 8110, BB Storm 9530
    Samsung D807, u600 x2
    Nokia 6820, 3220, E71
    LG TU500, LG TG800, LG VU TU915
    Moto Razr V9, RAZR V3i x2, V3x, V3xx, V3 x2, Moto A780, RIZR Z3
    HTC Touch x3, HTC s710, HTC S621 x2, Fuze, Dream

1,000th post - Jan 14th, 2009. 11:20pm

HoFo Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

Phone
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to automatically ignore the "younger" posters? Then again, they might just be "young minded."

Phones
    Nokia 808 PureView
    iPhone 5, W610i, W810, Nokia E71-2,Nokia E72
    Carriers
    att
    vivatel
    Feedback Score
    hopefully this is just the os being a bit too careful. Otherwise, going to the beach on a warm summer day with your phone, might be a little frustrating

Carrier
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Is it just me or does the iPhone 4 seem to have more issues than the past iPhones in the launch itself?

Phones
    T-mobile Dash
    T-mobile SDA
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    All you had to do was press the home and pwt button for a screen shot. Too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by narkotic View Post
    That was real mature - glad to see the content of this forum is getting better.

To humor you, it went away in about 30 seconds, no way to take a picture while it's in this state. There was a Yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside, and the bottom slider was flashing the emergency call message in different languages like when the phone isn't activated.

I've heard that the iPad does this when you leave it in the car, etc. A legitimate cause... I'm not going to make a big deal out of this, if it never happens again cool. Just wanted to know if anyone else had seen it yet.

Feedback Score
    Is it just me or does the iPhone 4 seem to have more issues than the past iPhones in the launch itself?
    Happens with every release. In the past there were cracks in the back case, light leak, microscopic dust under the sreen, people upset there were already slight hairline marks on the chrome bezel and some other stuff.

Phone
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mohit - you get the award for the most wasted effort on a forum today. Not only did you not read anything I wrote, but someone already posted a picture of the error. Regardless, what difference does it make? People that have had the error can chime in, the ones that didn't, can't?

Do you really think I'm trying to stir up controversy? To humor you once again - you can't do anything with the phone while it's in this state, other than make emergency calls. At this point I am just feeding the trolls I guess.

I look forward to anyone else's constructive responses herein.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I would say keep an eye on it, but don't worry if it never happens again.

It could be worse. A couple years ago my friend and I were driving to another friend's wedding four hours away. He says his pocket's getting really hot and pulls out his 1st gen iPhone. The screen was totally white and it's hot enough that it's uncomfortable to hold. After a hard reset it seemed fine, except it wouldn't obtain a signal any longer. I tried do a restore using his laptop while he continued to drive, but that was no good. Then we also notice that it's no longer charging.

He ended up not being able to use his phone the entire weekend and had to go back to the Apple store once we got back. Genius looked at it, said "Huh," and gave him a new one on the spot.

Phones
    T-mobile Dash
    T-mobile SDA
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Wow take a chill pill. Was trying to help you but apparently you have your panties in a bunch today. If you looked at the picture its a screenshot not a photo taken by another camera.

Phone
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    @Parsec thank you for your response. I did a search on the Apple sub-forum and found nothing about this.

I am certain that there are people on this forum that come here just to troll and provide nothing but negative feedback.

@Mohit - Do you honestly think you were trying to help? Claiming "pictures or it didn't happen" is implying that I'm a liar and am trying to stir up controversy, I really don't see how you were trying to help. I now know that I can take a screen shot of this error if it pops up again. I wasn't even thinking it would be necessary though (and still don't really.)

@XcharliemX - As I said above I did a search and found no information on this. If you say this is old news, could you kindly point me to where it was discussed so that I don't waste anyones time?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast