Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having problems with texts not sending?

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Anyone else having problems with texts not sending?

Last night an old friend and I were catching up through text. She has a new baby so we decided to text back and forth instead of speaking. Well, the texts were large in number. Suddenly, after so much correspondence, my texts stopped sending. It would simply say, "Sending message" for an endless amount of time and never actually send - it just goes back to the text I am responding to after a minute or so.

This is still happening today.

It has happened in the past (but only a few times throughout the years). Does anyone know if Metro suspends texts after a certain amount is reached for the day/so many in a frame of time, even though they are supposed to be limitless?

If you cannot confirm openly, you can PM me. I highly doubt that it is my phone that has suddenly lost the ability to send texts; I think it has more to do with the above theory than anything else.

Thank you,

Tina

P.S. I am in the S.F. Bay Area

Phones
    HTC Droid Eris
    Moto Droid 2 Global
    Moto Droid(web/mms/apps/yeeee)
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    hmm thats never happened to me before. Back in high school I would text all day every day... literally. Interesting theory though
    If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission.

Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinad23 View Post
    Last night an old friend and I were catching up through text. She has a new baby so we decided to text back and forth instead of speaking. Well, the texts were large in number. Suddenly, after so much correspondence, my texts stopped sending. It would simply say, "Sending message" for an endless amount of time and never actually send - it just goes back to the text I am responding to after a minute or so.

This is still happening today.

It has happened in the past (but only a few times throughout the years). Does anyone know if Metro suspends texts after a certain amount is reached for the day/so many in a frame of time, even though they are supposed to be limitless?

If you cannot confirm openly, you can PM me. I highly doubt that it is my phone that has suddenly lost the ability to send texts; I think it has more to do with the above theory than anything else.

Thank you,

Tina

P.S. I am in the S.F. Bay Area
    idk about the limiting, me and my old lady text back and forth from 8 in the morning to like 1 at night and mine never stops

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Fixed. I turned my phone off then back on (which I had done numerous times last night to no avail).

That was odd. Thank you missing2 for responding!

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    You too The Hulk! I am glad it is fixed!

Tina

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    When this happens you gotta have your switch reset. call customer service for that. this usually happens when your number is ported. its a well known issue among customer service so they will know what your talking about.
    ElEcTrOPyRo

CODE NAME: ElEkTrOpYrO
    QUOTES:"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons? "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    LATEST EXPLOITS:
    Tutorial for LG VERSA
    Tutorial for LG Envy Touch
    Tutorial for Iphone
    Tutorial for LG Lucid
    Tutorial for HTC Thunderbolt

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    also like most of my metro samsung phones its always good to erase ur sent messages and ur inbox after a while i notice the same thing when my inbox would get full and my outbox so just make it a habbit of keeping ur in and out box clean.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    just in case this happens again, an almost sure fire way to fix is:

check your phone's programming. make sure the min, mdn, sid, etc. are all properly input into the phone's programming.

update your prl (dial *228 and update roaming capabilities.)

take the battery out of your phone.

call dealer support/customer service. have them reset your account in the switch. if you have a ported number no matter how old, make sure there aren't any old min's in the switch for your account either.

once that is done, put the battery back in and try it out.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so much everyone for all of your help!

n4zty Yep, wouldn't you know it... my Inbox and Outbox are full. But there is nothing I can do about that. Briefly, I am having trouble with my ex and am keeping the texts as evidence (if needed). I mean I literally only have 2-3 messages open in which to receive texts (which I constantly forward to email and delete on my phone). And my Outbox? Forget about it. It is filled for the same reason (which is why I need a new phone and am waiting anxiously for LTE).

allmanallpimp Thank you for all of the valuable tips. They are invaluable. The experience was definitely not cool!

Thanks to electropyro as well!

Tina

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

n4zty Yep, wouldn't you know it... my Inbox and Outbox are full. But there is nothing I can do about that. Briefly, I am having trouble with my ex and am keeping the texts as evidence (if needed). I mean I literally only have 2-3 messages open in which to receive texts (which I constantly forward to email and delete on my phone). And my Outbox? Forget about it. It is filled for the same reason (which is why I need a new phone and am waiting anxiously for LTE).

allmanallpimp Thank you for all of the valuable tips. They are invaluable. The experience was definitely not cool!

Tina
    it's no problem. always here to help

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score

Tina
    np we are all here 2 learn and trust me my phone would never send a txt message if my inbox/outbox was full and i have a samsung code so i usually erase it then reboot my phone and i can txt again. anyways good luck with ur girl lol

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    np we are all here 2 learn and trust me my phone would never send a txt message if my inbox/outbox was full and i have a samsung code so i usually erase it then reboot my phone and i can txt again. anyways good luck with ur girl lol
    It is a guy that I have to go through all of this (saving my texts) for... but thank you for the good luck and the additional information you just posted in your last reply.

As always... with everyone here, it is appreciated.

Tina

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    omg im so sorry just ur forum id didnt make it obvious what gender u were sorry now i feel stupid anyways i used to have the samsung sch-r450 too and the phone was a blast just be gentle with the qwerty keyboard especially with the spaceboard cuz if u press it too hard it can stop working like it should.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Tina
    np thats what were here for...

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    omg im so sorry just ur forum id didnt make it obvious what gender u were sorry now i feel stupid anyways i used to have the samsung sch-r450 too and the phone was a blast just be gentle with the qwerty keyboard especially with the spaceboard cuz if u press it too hard it can stop working like it should.
    No need to apologize at all n4zty.

And you are so right regarding the space key. I have babied this phone for the year and a half that I have owned it and wouldn't you know... that was the first thing to give me problems. Though not too much of a big deal, I do have to press it a few times in order for it to work with each text.

Oh well, hopefully I get my BlackBerry 8530 as soon as it is available. I wish there were a way to pre-order to ensure I get one a.s.a.p. because as stated, with my situation, I need a new phone. I normally like to wait 2-3 months to see the reviews on new phones first before purchasing, but unfortunately, I do not have that luxury this time around.

Thank you again fellow friends. Without you all, I surely would be lost!

Tina

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast