Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Activate a Sprint phone on Boost CDMA, 101--Questions and answers

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Activate a Sprint phone on Boost CDMA, 101--Questions and answers

Alright, I'm un-stickying this thread (cause I actually think more people will notice/read it), and also unlocking it. Please read through this post before asking questions about activating your Sprint (or other non-Boost) phones on Boost CDMA. If you have questions about activations that are not answered here, please post in this thread. Please do not simply start PM'ing members who answer questions here--use this thread, and once you've posted please wait for an answer. Post as much details as you can about your situation so that others can help you to the best of their abilities. As DaddyMike1975 and I see fit, we may edit, delete, move, etc any posts in this thread. We may try to start "off-shoot" threads on specific phones with specific issues as needed.

Ok, between the requests I see and the pm's I get asking for help on this topic, here it is. A sticky dedicated to those that ask, "I have a Sprint phone, now how to I get a Boost CDMA account to use it?".... Just in case the FAQ and everything else in the forum somehow didn't help you. I highly suggest you read through the FAQ thread first, and search for any relevant info before-hand. I'm not going to respond to pm's asking "I screwed up my activation, can you help?" because, no, I can't help any more than you can actually help yourself. I don't work for Boost, and I don't use Boost. This info has been compiled by me looking for it, and putting it together, just as any user of this forum can do.

1. Obtain your phone. See both the FAQ (stickied) as well as the "What Sprint phones will work..." threads for more info on what phones you can use. Don't be affraid to use the search feature--there's a good chance the phone you want to know about has been discussed before.

2. Now that you have your phone, you need to create an account, or start service, with Boost. There are two ways to go about this process. Option A is to create an account directly with Boost CDMA. Option B is to create a Boost iDen account (see this thread for more specific instructions), and then transfer the service to your CDMA phone. To do this, you can call Boost CS, or you can create an account online at their website, http://www.boostmobile.com/.
    A. To create an account directly with Boost CDMA, you will need either a Boost branded CDMA phone, or at the very least the ESN number from one of these phones. You can purchase one of those phones from Boost, Best Buy, eBay, etc if you so choose. You can also try your luck in the "Share/Borrow an ESN" thread, where you can request that someone chase an ESN from a Boost branded CDMA phone with you so that you can activate service. If you go this route, skip ahead to step 3.
    B. At the moment, there seem to be more iDEN SIM Card Activation Numbers floating around (in the ESN thread linked above) to use to create an account. To start an account using an already used Boost ESN, or Boost IDEN Activation Kit, you will pay a $10 fee for reactivation. The easiest method is to purchase a $5 or $10 SIM Activation kit via Ebay and use it to create a Boost IDEN account. Don't worry, you'll get your $5 or $10 back as Boost Account Credit to go towards your bill, this way you won't actually pay the $10 reactivation fee.

3. After you have your account created, you can now call in to Boost CS and give them the ESN number to the phone you want to switch to. It has been suggested in the past that you not mention the phone brand/model if you can help it...just say "Its a motorola something...". If the rep is intelligent, they'll easily be able to find out what phone it is from the ESN. Some reps care, and will say they can't activate Sprint phones. Thank them for their time, hang up, and call again. I've heard of people having great luck on the first try, and getting a rep to activate their phone, while others have called half a dozen times with no luck. Keep at it, unless there is something wrong with the phone, someone will eventually add it to your account for you.

4. Programming. After the Sprint ESN has been switched to the account the Boost CSR will either help you program the phone or ask you to power on the phone to auto program itself. If they tell you it will automatically program itself, tell them the phone is used and you need to manually program it. Many people have had success in auto programming but not everyone does, yet. When the Boost CSR gives you the programming instructions be sure to write everything down. They will usually tell you to dial ##xxxxxx# (x being your Master Subsidy Lock), select Edit, and enter the MDN (your phone number), then the MSID (Mobile Station ID) which is like a routing number. One thing to remember, if you have a Blackberry you will replace the last # with the SEND key, and the MSID
    Last edited by martin_j001; 07-23-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Please do not post questions on "will _____ phone work on Boost CDMA?" in this thread. For that type of question, please see the stickied thread on this topic.

Please also see the "How to: iDen to CDMA" thread before posting further questions on how to activate a phone on Boost CDMA.

Once you have your phone activated on Boost CDMA, if you are having trouble getting data to work, or MMS, or something else similar, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY take the time to search the forum for answers. There is a very good chance your topic has been discussed, so take a moment to look. If you don't find what you are looking for, then you can feel free to post.

For discussion specific to Sprint Blackberry on Boost, please see this thread.

If this thread seems to stray too far off topic, DaddyMikey1975 and/or myself reserve the right to remove or edit off topic posts. We also reserve the right to award the off topic offenders with vacation time. Please keep this thread reasonably on topic.
    Last edited by DaddyMikey1975; 07-23-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Feedback Score

Having trouble activating Htc touch Pro

Alright I bought a used htc touch pro off ebay and I am trying to activate it boost but am having a little trouble, First I made sure the meid number was clean and it is, then I created an account online using one of the esn numbers that Deathtrip posted, added $60 ( $10 for reactivate, and $50 for monthly unlimited) and got a phone number. Then I have tried calling boost to transfer service to the touch pro but they ask for a dec number and I give them the one from under the battery on the tp, and they come back saying the computer wont take it. So am I doing something wrong or do I just need to keep doing what I have been?

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^^We have the perfect thread for this question. Threads merged.

Feedback Score
    So I just keep calling them then? And just to clarify I give them the dec meid number?

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yes, give them the dec meid. You should try at different times of the day, I always get the best results after 9:30pm eastern. If you consistently get "I tried, but the system won't take the number" you may have a phone that is not acceptable to the Boost system, and can not be activated.

Phones
    Pantech Ocean
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Rumor 2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Virgin Mobile & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have yet to find a Clean TP that I couldn't move in, seems to be one of the easiest. I would just call in around 8pm Pacific and ask to migrate (if your starting on Iden) or ask to do a phone swap because your handset is malfunctioning (NOT missing or stolen) and then give them the ESN (Meid Dec). If they ask about what type of phone it is, just act naive and mention its the one with a full keyboard. It should move in fine.

You can pm me if your having too much trouble and I can give you a hand.

Good Luck.
    Left Virgin for Helio and all it had to offer... Only to get "acquired" back to virgin again... slowly loosing everything I switched for. Then came a light at the end of the tunnel when we got "acquired" yet again by sprint... sadly they brought us nothing and took from us everything, so as the ship sank I stayed aboard and then on the 23rd I quickly ported over to boost... and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

RIP HELIO... you were set-up to fail but it was fun while it lasted.

Feedback Score
    Alright thanks for the help it worked on the first try after 11:00 pm Est. but now I am having trouble connecting to the internet on the phone itself, it keeps giving me error 67 and says Data Call Failure: Error Code 67Registration failed You PCS Vision Username and/or Password may be incorrect. Please try again. Any Ideas on how to ifx this issue?

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

There is already a thread that answers your question.

Phones
    Pantech Ocean
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Rumor 2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Virgin Mobile & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermestid View Post
    Alright thanks for the help it worked on the first try after 11:00 pm Est. but now I am having trouble connecting to the internet on the phone itself, it keeps giving me error 67 and says Data Call Failure: Error Code 67Registration failed You PCS Vision Username and/or Password may be incorrect. Please try again. Any Ideas on how to ifx this issue?
    It can take up to three days for data to fully provision, then you will need to issue a profile update in your settings folder, when the data has provisioned, the profile update will be successful and you will have working data. (if the pop up is driving you crazy you can turn the data off manually in the connection manager)

Feedback Score
    I've been having a problem with my sprint branded htc touch pro2 where the rep tells me the ##______# number, and he said a menu is supposed to come up for programming. No menu ever shows up? If i press talk it dials the number and that doesn't get me anywhere either. Any ideas/solutions? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    h0w13r

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea, the MSL (6 digit number) he is giving you is wrong. Which either means the MSL was changed, or exhausted, or you gave them the wrong MEID (ESN).

So, first, make sure the 18 digit MSL you gave them is the one they put on the account. One way is to goto my ESN Checker and see if it's in use or if it's clean.

If it's in use, then odds are it's the right one on your account. So next you'll want to ask them for the SECONDARY MSL. Tell them the PRIMARY isn't working.

If that doesn't work, then I'd say it has been changed. Try ##000000#, if that isn't working then you'll need to use a method like GETSPC (application) to see what it is, and if that doesn't work this is the only other method I know of... PPCGeeks - SPC Sprint TP2

Feedback Score
    I just went to Update Profile to manually make it automatically program (if that makes sense) and it seems to be working now after a couple of reboots.

Phone
    Blackberry 7100i>Blackberry 8330>Motorola Q9C> HTC TP2
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok i hope I'm posting this in the right place. I had a sprint branded blacberry 8330 that i had using on boost mobile now after paying $49.99 to get the phone ported over to my boost number and seeing the lady call the customer service number telling them that "i broke my phone and my husband gave me this one to use" and giving them the numbers off my phone i was pretty pissed just because i was too nervous and scared to do it myself. Anyways my blackberry was successfully ported over and had been working fine for about 6 months but now it accidentally took a shower yesterday and stopped working. I have access to a clean esn htc mogul or a motorola q9c my question is this... Do i have to go through all the trouble of calling customer care again or is there an easier way to get the mogul or q9c to work on my current number and account? Please guys i am looking for a speedy reply here i cannot function without a cell phone :-(

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    All you need to do is call Boost and ask them to do an ESN swap to the new phone. Tell them it's a KRZR or a Rant.

They'll ask for the DEC (ESN), so give it to them and see if it goes. Make sure to tell them it's a USED phone so they'll give you the programming instructions. Be sure to write them down.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast