Thread: Problem connecting TM506

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Problem connecting TM506

I'm having trouble with the TM506 when connected to my USB port. The screen bounces back and forth between a message saying it is charging or ready for connection in phone mode. Sometimes it will never connect, just keeps saying charging (no phone connected) but sometimes it will (eventually) connect and work just fine. Anyone got any ideas about what is going on here? (The battery says it is fully charged.)
    N

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ncd View Post
    The screen bounces back and forth between a message saying it is charging or ready for connection in phone mode.
    It's possible that the USB cable needs to replaced.

The charging message shouldn't come on when it is connected via USB. Only the battery icon shows that charging is going on.

If you want, you can turn off USB charging and see if that helps.

Go into the service menu by pushing:

Right * Left Left * Left *

Once there select Service settings

Then select Charging on to change to Charging Off

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Jet,

You hit the nail on the head. It was the cable, it was bad and I didn't have a spare. Just got one tonight and it is working fine now.

Much thanks.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    It's possible the connector on the cable gets dirty. Try to wipe the connector and plug again.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm trying to turn USB charging ON but all the phone (an Equinox) does at this menu is tell me that USB charging is off. It won't let me change the setting. Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Scottish,

Tried wiping the cable, that wasn't it, but what probably did kill the cable was when the Cardlepoint fell off the table and pulled the phone down too

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A little more information: The phone shows that it is charging by USB regardless of the setting in the Service Menu when the Sony Ericsson PC suite is running and the phone is connected by USB cable in Phone Mode. What I'm looking for is the ability to charge the phone using a plug-in charger that has a USB port. If I could get that to work, I'd have a universal charger that would charge my Sony, my Nexus One, and a Blackberry I sometimes use for uma calling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sendpaulmailat View Post
    A little more information: The phone shows that it is charging by USB regardless of the setting in the Service Menu when the Sony Ericsson PC suite is running and the phone is connected by USB cable in Phone Mode. What I'm looking for is the ability to charge the phone using a plug-in charger that has a USB port.
    I've never been able to get the service menu to disable USB charging either.

As far as an actual USB charger, I even looked on ebay, and I can't seem to find a universal USB charger that will charge the phone via the USB cable. I'm not sure what's difference that it won't work with other USB chargers.