Thread: Is Invisible Shield by Zagg enough to stop the Iphone 4 from shattering when dropped?

Feedback Score

Is Invisible Shield by Zagg enough to stop the Iphone 4 from shattering when dropped?

I'm a little worried about breaking my Iphone 4 when it gets here and bought the fully body maximum protection invisible shield for it.

If I drop it (which is going to happen) will this be enough or do I need to get a bumper or something?

I'm kind of wondering if this is just a flawed design...the glass is raised above the body, so if you drop it the wrong way it will shatter just like any other piece of glass

Phone
    Nokia 5800
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No. It won't stop it from shatter.
    I would get a Bumper which will raise it slightly but it is better to get a hard case or something for it.

Phones
    Nokia 6600
    I-mate JAM
    Feedback Score
    No way; Zagg's only protecting it from scratches.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Nokia 6085
    AT&T Breeze
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ZAGG IS provides no impact protection, as those above have stated. It's job is to prevent scratches, marring, and other friction damage.

Start looking at cases.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nope. I think a silicone case is probably your best bet.

Phones
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB
    AT&T 8525 (sold)
    Samsung D807 (gifted)
    Carrier
    AT&T unfortunately :(
    Feedback Score
    Definitely won't keep it from shattering but it will probably keep all the little pieces from flying all over the place

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_chizzle View Post
    Definitely won't keep it from shattering but it will probably keep all the little pieces from flying all over the place
    There might be situations where the Zagg shield will help distribute the force of an impact across the surface rather than at a single point. I recently saw a demo of a plastic film which can be applied to a masonry wall to protect it from damage caused by a 2x4 fired at it at a speed equivalent to what you'd get from a tornado. And it actually worked. The experiment was repeated with an identical wall without the film and the 2x4 blew right through.

Carrier
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zetaprime View Post
    There might be situations where the Zagg shield will help distribute the force of an impact across the surface rather than at a single point. I recently saw a demo of a plastic film which can be applied to a masonry wall to prevent even a 2x4 fired at it at a speed equivalent to what you'd get from a tornado. And it actually worked. The experiment was repeated with an identical wall without the film and the 2x4 blew right through.
    This. I've always thought that a screen protector, especially strong ones like the Zagg would do this exactly. It's as though the protector simply holds the glass together and doesn't allow it to crack and shatter.

Phone
    landline
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wrap tape around a glass...drop glass...glass breaks...but glass doesn't fly all over the place...apply same dynamics to iphone...also see smashing window with tint on it