Thread: HD2 Screen problems, warranty, etc.

Feedback Score

HD2 Screen problems, warranty, etc.

I am thinking of getting the HD2.

One thing that concerns me is the large, complicated screen--that perhaps a lot could go wrong with it, and not be covered by warranty?

I know that manufacturers often refuse to cover any damage to the LCD screen under warranty--they consider any such damage to be the customer's fault--i.e. "accidental damage", not a product defect.

In fact, I have had such damage occur to LCDs before, where the product was not dropped, nor suffered any kind of trauma, but the LCD went bad. To me that indicated a defective product, but the manufacturer would not cover it under warranty, insisting I must have dropped it, which was not the case.

If the LCD goes bad on the HD2, and T-Mo does not cover it under warranty, it would probably be extremely expensive to repair or replace it oneself.

Has anyone had problems with the LCD yet? (Still very new product though.) If so, did warranty coverage repair or replace it?

Anyone know--exactly what is stated in T-Mo's warranty for the HD2? Is it for one year, even with a two year contract? What does it say about screen damage?

Is it possible to purchase an upgrade to T-Mo's factory warranty (not some kind of 3rd party warranty, as I have heard many of them are BS), that will cover "accidental damage", as well as lengthening the warranty period?

Phones
    Samsung S3 HTC HD2
    e61i 8520 CliqXT
    v330 v360 7100t
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can always opt for the T-mo phone insurance (not sure if it will cover accidental damage).

To lengthen warranty period, you can purchase with an AMEX card (not all AMEX cards have this) and they will extend the manufacturer's warranty by 1 year.

Carriers
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Never purchase tmo insurance, it won't help for screen broken etc.
    also, the deductible makes it is useless.
    Always using credit card to purchase anything, my signature VISA doubles warranty with thief protection etc.

Phone is not expensive nowadays ...
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Phones
    tp2
    g1(sold)
    Carrier
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolPhone View Post
    Always using credit card to purchase anything, my signature VISA doubles warranty with thief protection etc.

wow I always thought insurance covered if your screen gets broken.

Feedback Score

Yes, I always use my credit card.

However, the credit card won't fix your phone. They will perhaps reimburse you something, if you pay elsewhere to fix it.

But what about the screen? Couldn't much go wrong with that screen? Not covered by warranty? No way to upgrade the warranty to include the screen?

Coolphone--you7r statement-"phone is not expensive nowadays"??? What do you mean by "expensive"? And are you referring to the subsidized prices? You won't get a subsidized price on a new one, if your screen breaks in a couple months.

Carriers
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maiki View Post
    Coolphone--you7r statement-"phone is not expensive nowadays"??? What do you mean by "expensive"? And are you referring to the subsidized prices? You won't get a subsidized price on a new one, if your screen breaks in a couple months.
    How expensive it could be, no matter subsidized prices or not,
    You can always break contract to pay ETF up to $200 to get another new subsidized prices! So, the worst case, so you can get a new HD2 at $48 + 200 + tax at anytime.

I could not find any insurance to protect for "screen broken"
    the sig VISA provides :
    Return Protection
    Purchase Security
    Warranty Manager
    Purchase Security and Extended Protection
    Price Protection
    Performance Replacement Plan
    Visa Performance Guarantee
    Identity Theft

Feedback Score
    Coolio, I shouldn't waste my time talking to you.

AFAIK, no way a current customer can get the HD2 for $48. You are referring to the Amazon deal, which is for new customers only.

People break their contracts and pay the fine when they want to change to another carrier--not to get an upgrade phone price with T-Mo. I doubt T-Mo would do that.

How expensive could it be? The unsubsidized price of the HD2 is I think around $600. You may not consider that a lot of money, but I do. (In fact, if we were to take your figure of $250, that would still be a lot of money to pay, if your phone breaks in a couple of months, and the carrier refuses to pay for its repair.)

In any case, have people had problems with the screen so far? Has T-Mo repaired-replaced under warranty?

How expensive it could be, no matter subsidized prices or not,
    You can always break contract to pay ETF up to $200 to get another new subsidized prices! So, the worst case, so you can get a new HD2 at $48 + 200 + tax at anytime.

I could not find any insurance to protect for "screen broken"
    the sig VISA provides :
    Return Protection
    Purchase Security
    Warranty Manager
    Purchase Security and Extended Protection
    Price Protection
    Performance Replacement Plan
    Visa Performance Guarantee
    Identity Theft