Phones
    HTC Legend
    HTC Legend
    LG vx9100 (Keybo)
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Post Here are Koodo's Data and MMS settings (APN, Proxy) for HSPA phones

I just recently bought a Koodo SIM card and put it into my HTC Legend. It worked great for voice and txt but I had a very hard time finding the proper data settings for my device. After much searching I found it linked within one of their FAQs. For the sake of others, here's the information you will need to setup a data device on Koodo:

I should also mention that the compatibility tool said that my phone will not work on Koodo, and the Telus tool said the same. The tools are garbage.

FAQ regarding non-Koodo phones and Koodo SIM cards:
    http://koodomobile.com/en/on/non-koodo-phones-faq.shtml

How to setup Data on your non-Koodo phone:
    http://koodomobile.com/en/on/non-koo...ta-setup.shtml

If your non-Koodo phone is compatible with our network, you should be able to make voice calls and send or receive text messages. However, data configuration will vary by phone. Please refer to the following guidelines to configure your phone’s data connection.

If you’re using a compatible and unlocked non-Koodo BlackBerry, data will automatically be configured when you insert your Koodo SIM card.

If you’re using a compatible and unlocked non-Koodo phone, try the following steps to configure your phone's data connection.

Setting Up Internet Connection

Navigate to the ‘Connection Settings’ menu (menu name may vary by phone)
    Enter the following configuration settings:
    APN: sp.koodo.com
    Proxy server: 74.49.0.18
    Port: 80

Setting Up Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS)

Set up your internet connection using the instructions listed above
    Navigate to the ‘Messaging’ menu
    Select ‘Multimedia Messaging Settings’
    Enter the following Message Centre / MMS gateway info:
    MMSC URL: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc
    It should also be noted that MMS requires the same proxy in order to work.

Perhaps this would make a good sticky? Telus also has a similar page and I noticed way too many people looking for the Telus data settings during my searches.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i think isp.koodo.com work ...
    same things for consumer.koodo.com

any one can try consumer.koodo.com ...this apn with same proxy don't count data when you send mms ( with telus ) when you don't have data package ...

Phones
    HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
    SAMSUNG A720
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    What are the frequencies that will work for koodo? Is it the same as telus?
    Line 1: Student 55 + Free CID = $62.15

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uncertainty View Post
    What are the frequencies that will work for koodo? Is it the same as telus?
    Koodo uses the TELUS network, so they operate on 850 and 1900 MHz frequencies.

Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I picked up a Koodo Sim from the Koodo Shop here in Calgary as soon as they had them. I'm currently running a Nexus One. I've entered all the apn settings koodo suggests and data still does not work. It shows the 3G icon and it blinks as if sending and receiving data but still nothing. I can txt and call just fine but without data it really sucks. Am I missing any settings? I've been on Rogers with it since April and the service sucks. I've been able to put in a sim for bell, telus, and rogers and it works without a hitch. APN settings just need to be changed. Why has Koodo failed? Is it something I have to wait for or what?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I am thinking about going Koodo too. What is your plan's features and what is your monthly cost?

Also, since you have your own phon (N1), does Koodo let you get a tab starting at $0 and let you accumulate a positive tab so that you can buy a phone later on?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMedia View Post
    I picked up a Koodo Sim from the Koodo Shop here in Calgary as soon as they had them. I'm currently running a Nexus One. I've entered all the apn settings koodo suggests and data still does not work. It shows the 3G icon and it blinks as if sending and receiving data but still nothing. I can txt and call just fine but without data it really sucks. Am I missing any settings? I've been on Rogers with it since April and the service sucks. I've been able to put in a sim for bell, telus, and rogers and it works without a hitch. APN settings just need to be changed. Why has Koodo failed? Is it something I have to wait for or what?

Thanks!

Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I've setup my Koodo plan to be: the More Talk and Text Combo, the must have bundle (CD,VM CF, Unli. KTK Calling) Five Essentials and Data (500 MB)

It comes to 82 a monthly. Its not bad considering my old rogers plan was $100 and only half of what Koodo has to offer. The big reason I'm wanting to be on Koodo is because I work at a 3rd party reseller I get half off my bill so $41 a month. Can't be beat.

Problem still comes down to getting Data on my Nexus. As soon as I can get data running I'll port my number.

Ya the Tab does start at $0. You could let it build up and buy a spare SIM phone or something for the bar :P

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is great for 41 dollars ... but i think koodo must release 50 dollars package ... include data and ... five essentials like others providers ...

Phone
    Motorola Atrix- Unlocked/Unbranded
    Carriers
    _KOoDo_
    _RogErs_
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Im goin to a kiosk and reactivate my account using my unlocked TELUS Motorola Milestone. I switch from Koodo to Fido and such a regret. MMS for an extra $5 in Fido is garbage.

Also, Fido reps telling me that Koodo also charges for MMS is utter crap!
    MSN: " gigabyt3@hotmail.com "
    -=[ Customer Feedbacks ]=-

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Thanks!
    Please update if you get data running, or make any progress. I'm currently with Koodo, and strongly considering a Nexus One.

Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lbartley View Post
    Please update if you get data running, or make any progress. I'm currently with Koodo, and strongly considering a Nexus One.
    I tried calling Koodo over and over and they could not help me. I called Google and they said it was 100% something on Koodo's end. The only thing I can think of is that by putting my sim into one of my iphones first it messed up the sim. I had to call and cancel my Koodo so I would not get a charge for a account I'm not using.

I'm tempted to buy a new sim and setup a new account and trying again but its alot of process.... waiting on more feed back from Koodo and people online.

Oddly enough they have the X10 as an example on the koodo website so my guess would be that some one at Koodo had it working on an X10 at one point in time. A koodo rep at a mall location said that no one should have the 500mb plan on an account. Although I know thats wrong.

Anyway hope that helps. If anyone here wants to give us more light into the situation that would be great.

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I tried calling Koodo over and over and they could not help me. I called Google and they said it was 100% something on Koodo's end. The only thing I can think of is that by putting my sim into one of my iphones first it messed up the sim. I had to call and cancel my Koodo so I would not get a charge for a account I'm not using.

I'm tempted to buy a new sim and setup a new account and trying again but its alot of process.... waiting on more feed back from Koodo and people online.

Oddly enough they have the X10 as an example on the koodo website so my guess would be that some one at Koodo had it working on an X10 at one point in time. A koodo rep at a mall location said that no one should have the 500mb plan on an account. Although I know thats wrong.

Anyway hope that helps. If anyone here wants to give us more light into the situation that would be great.
    Yeah, everything I'm seeing says it should work without issue. Though the fact that it didn't for you is a little concerning. Hopefully it was just an issue with the SIM.

I REALLY want the N1, so I might just buy it anyway, and if I can't get it going on Koodo, I'll have to pay off my tab, and switch carriers.

I'm a little concerned about the statement that "no one should have the 500mb plan on an account." What was meant by that, exactly? I currently have the Blackberry data plan, which as I understand, is only good for a Blackberry. I assumed I could just swap it out for the 500MB generic data plan, and all would be well. If that's not the case, how would anyone run a non-blackberry phone with data on Koodo? Something they provide official instruction for...

Thanks for the info, though.

Phones
    HTC Legend
    HTC Legend
    LG vx9100 (Keybo)
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to see you're having trouble with getting data going.

On my HTC Legend I got it up and running as soon as I found the page with the settings, which, sadly, took me 2 hours to find and only came up after scouring random links on the Koodo site (google didn't help at the time - thought it's on the first page now).

Anyway I have just done a reset on my phone and have to set this up again myself. I'll take a photo of the settings on the proper fields for you. Maybe it's just a simple mixup.

Phones
    HTC Legend
    HTC Legend
    LG vx9100 (Keybo)
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I can't find my camera but it's pretty simple compared to what I remembered from the first time. I just filled in the fields as per the X10 example on the Koodo page. I gave it a name 'Koodo'. On the APN selection screen I made sure there was a green dot next to this new 'Koodo' entry.

However - It failed to connect until I rebooted my phone. I'm sure you've tried that by now.. but if not then that might be it.

Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I've talked more about this with the Koodo Rep and when they released the INQ they could not get data working here. Turns out western canada's data was not working when the SIM launched and now it does. Regardless if its an iPhone or Android or INQ. I've yet to buy a new sim but plan on getting it tomorrow and will update on the status.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast