Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about refilling.. Should I refil on the 29th day or the 30th?

Feedback Score

Question about refilling.. Should I refil on the 29th day or the 30th?

Can I refill my service on my service end date (30th) or should I refill the day before?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to do it on the 30th, but I don't want to lose my number.

Thanks

Phone
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I refill the 30th and don't have any problems. Only reason I cud see for refilling early might be if u were about out of text or web and had minutes that were rolled over. I think that might save them. I used up all my text last month on my refill day and lost 68 hrs of rollover talk time. No biggie, I don't use them anyway.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    30th. ______________________________________________

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

So do I have until midnight on the 30th? Not that I will wait until the last minute, but I'm curious if I have until midnight or if it depends on what time I refilled last month.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGBS View Post
    Can I refill my service on my service end date (30th) or should I refill the day before?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to do it on the 30th, but I don't want to lose my number.

Thanks
    You are paying for 30 days of service, so why settle for 29? That would be giving back 12 days of service a year that you have paid for.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    BTW, You wouldn't lose your number even if you didn't add a PIN in time. After 30 days your service will stop, but you've got another 30 days following that where you can just add a PIN and restart your service with the same number. It's a 30-day "grace period". Beyond that, you'll have to re-activate with a new number.

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The terms have changed on the Straight Talk site. It no longer says anything about 30 days. The sentence that used to read(as printed in the booklet that came with my phone, and online at that time):

'If you do not refill your Straight Talk account within 30 days after the Service End Date, your Straight Talk phone number will be lost.

The sentence NOW reads:

'If you do not refill your Straight Talk account by your Service End Date, your Straight Talk phone number may be lost.'

So I guess it's not definite that you will lose the number....but it 'may be lost'

I had read complaints about customers losing their number in less than 30 days, post service end date, and I guess ST is trying to cover their asses with the change in terms.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestguy36 View Post
    I refill the 30th and don't have any problems. Only reason I cud see for refilling early might be if u were about out of text or web and had minutes that were rolled over. I think that might save them. I used up all my text last month on my refill day and lost 68 hrs of rollover talk time. No biggie, I don't use them anyway.
    You didn't lose 68 hours of talk time because you used up all your text. I've used up all my data or phone time on occasion but still get my rollover every month.

When you're refilling and you want to do it on the 30th day you have to make sure to make note of what time you refill your card. They go by the exact time on your refill date. So if you fill today for example at 3pm you have to make sure to fill it before the 30th day at the 3pm otherwise your rollover will get wiped out.

My Babies:
    32gb iPhone 5
    32gb iPad Mini
    64gb iPad 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro

Phones
    W385
    LG620G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfot View Post
    The terms have changed on the Straight Talk site. It no longer says anything about 30 days. The sentence that used to read(as printed in the booklet that came with my phone, and online at that time):

'If you do not refill your Straight Talk account within 30 days after the Service End Date, your Straight Talk phone number will be lost.

The sentence NOW reads:

'If you do not refill your Straight Talk account by your Service End Date, your Straight Talk phone number may be lost.'

So I guess it's not definite that you will lose the number....but it 'may be lost'

I had read complaints about customers losing their number in less than 30 days, post service end date, and I guess ST is trying to cover their asses with the change in terms.
    I noticed that as well and was worried, but I did a little digging on the website and found the FAQ. Still showing that there is a service grace period and sorta gives an explanation what happens if you don't refill on time. http://www.straighttalk.com/controll...ategory=refill

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Centura SCH-S738C
    Galaxy Centura
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfot View Post
    You didn't lose 68 hours of talk time because you used up all your text. I've used up all my data or phone time on occasion but still get my rollover every month.
    When you say "rollover", does Straight Talk rollover any unused minutes like AT&T does?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGi77 View Post
    When you say "rollover", does Straight Talk rollover any unused minutes like AT&T does?
    Unused talk,text and data has been rolling over. ST may have not corrected this oversite if no one is ever actually reaching into their rollover build up.

Carrier
    Straight Talk as of 6/12/10
    Feedback Score
    According to the ST Customer Service you have literally 30 days from the time you last refilled. That was defined as "30 days after the exact time you refilled". For example: I refilled today at 4:00 PM and was told I had to refill on Aug 10, before 4:00 PM. With 31 days in this month it will be one day sooner, as it is not paid by the month but paid by the days.

Carrier
    Straight Talk as of 6/12/10
    Feedback Score
    I was told I could not add my ST Unlimited Service Card ($45+) on my ST phone and had to call on a land-line phone to activate the new 30 day card. Does anyone know if I can I use my ST Unlimited Service Card online at straighttalk.com? Can I buy the card at Wal-Mart and then go online and enter the scratch off PIN for the next 30 days?

Phone
    samsung
    Carrier
    walmart family mobile/tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I buy the card at walmart and always enter the pin online. things is this past month they shut my phone off ON the service end date before I even had the chance to enter the new card

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Here is what Tuffigirl said:
    "When you're refilling and you want to do it on the 30th day you have to make sure to make note of what time you refill your card. They go by the exact time on your refill date. So if you fill today for example at 3pm you have to make sure to fill it before the 30th day at the 3pm otherwise your rollover will get wiped out". This is because your phone de-activates after 3:00pm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast