Thread: Sprint Service in Hawaii

Feedback Score

Sprint Service in Hawaii

I am considering a move to Hawaii - possible job on Oahu near Mililani area. My contract with AT&T also is about up and I am looking at the Evo. What is Sprint service/coverage like on Oahu in general. I know there is 4G in Honolulu but I will not be there all the time and am interested in how Sprint works on the island.

Thanks.

Feedback Score

Solid coverage

Others in the area have reported consistent 4G coverage. Check out the following link. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...vice-in-Hawaii

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I did see that thread. What I wonder is what about the 3G/EVDO coverage once you are out of Honolulu and elsewhere on the island qs my cell phone is my primary phone.

Phones
    Apple Iphone 3GS
    Samsung Instinct s30 (retired)
    Sanyo Katana (retired)
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I live in Mililani and never had any issues with 3G coverage when I had sprint. My brother-in-law has a EVO 4G and he said he had issues getting 4G coverage in Mililani though. Personally, I think the coverage on Oahu is quite good with a few exceptions on the north shore and other outskirts. Check out the coverage map for Oahu on the sprint site, I think is quite accurate.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I just went to Hawaii for my honeymoon and sprint works amazing. I had full bars all over Oahu, Maui and most of Kauai. I was actually very surprised because I checked out the coverage map and it showed roaming where I was going to stay. When I got to the hotel I had full Sprint service.

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    Hi, I just went to Hawaii for my honeymoon and sprint works amazing. I had full bars all over Oahu, Maui and most of Kauai. I was actually very surprised because I checked out the coverage map and it showed roaming where I was going to stay. When I got to the hotel I had full Sprint service.
    Congrats !!

Phone
    Samsung A920
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I live on Oahu and have had Sprint since it was PrimeCo in 1996. You will have no problem here on Oahu, especially in Mililani. You have to remember it is a small island so covering it with towers is not hard like covering a large desert city like Las Vegas. I've also lived on Maui where you will be covered also. Aloha and welcome to Hawaii!

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all who have responded so far for the information. The information about Sprint has been really helpful. My wife and I are heading to Hawaii in a couple of weeks to look at neighborhood, houses, etc as well as to meet with the folks I would be working with. The actual move would likely happen in Sept-Oct. Now, if Sprint would get some Evo's in stock....

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Samsung DROID Charge
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMobile View Post
    I live on Oahu and have had Sprint since it was PrimeCo in 1996. You will have no problem here on Oahu, especially in Mililani. You have to remember it is a small island so covering it with towers is not hard like covering a large desert city like Las Vegas. I've also lived on Maui where you will be covered also. Aloha and welcome to Hawaii!
    Um, Sprint has always been Sprint.

PrimeCo was part of the merger of Bell Atlantic Mobile, AirTouch Cellular, and GTE. All 4 of which became Verizon Wireless.
    -Sterling

Phones
    Apple Iphone 3GS
    Samsung Instinct s30 (retired)
    Sanyo Katana (retired)
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SterlingJ85 View Post
    Um, Sprint has always been Sprint.

PrimeCo was part of the merger of Bell Atlantic Mobile, AirTouch Cellular, and GTE. All 4 of which became Verizon Wireless.
    Not in Hawaii, Sprint bought it from PrimeCo in 1999.

http://www.servinghistory.com/topics/PrimeCo

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Samsung DROID Charge
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket View Post
    Not in Hawaii, Sprint bought it from PrimeCo in 1999.

http://www.servinghistory.com/topics/PrimeCo
    Thank you! (really!) I was not aware that Hawaii was treated as a separate transaction all on it's own!

Feedback Score
    I live on the big island and I have sprint and I haven't had any problem. I was on oahu a couple of weeks ago and I caught service everywhere. Didn't have a single problem. The big carrier over here is AT&T though. I'm actually thinking about switching to the Iphone for some odd reason though.lol
    Yall be nice to the crackheads!

Feedback Score
    Interesting.... I am looking at dumping AT&T after 3+ years of abuse - dropped calls, voicemail which takes hours to find me, text messages which never make it to my iphone!! I really like the iPhone but have problems with AT&T. I'll see how AT&T works when I am there in a week or two.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix1 View Post
    I live on the big island and I have sprint and I haven't had any problem. I was on oahu a couple of weeks ago and I caught service everywhere. Didn't have a single problem. The big carrier over here is AT&T though. I'm actually thinking about switching to the Iphone for some odd reason though.lol
    I was surprised at how well at&t performed for me throughout Hawaii two years ago. Could it be because NTT DoCoMo helps at&t with their 3G infrastructure so the numerous Japanese tourists can roam there?

http://www.nttdocomo.com/pr/2008/001411.html

Granted, it seems like Hawaii does have amazing service from all 4 major carriers! Lucky them...lol
    AT&T HSPA+_____________________________________________ ____________AT&T LTE