Thread: Out of minutes early on TnT 1200, how to talk before renewal date?

Carrier
    PagePlus TnT1200
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Out of minutes early on TnT 1200, how to talk before renewal date?

Hi,

I am on the TNT1200 plan w/ PP and I am out of minutes for this period. I still have a lot of texts and data left but I need to be able to talk also.

So I added another TNT1200 card (dumb I guess because it won't update minutes till my renewal date).

My question is, can I add one of those $10/100min cards in addition to the above card in order to get me by on minutes for 2 more days until my plan renews? Or am I SOL and have to wait?

Thank you very much!

Phone
    Motorola Droid / Motorola Q9c
    Carrier
    PagePlus/Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    add the 10$ card, switch to the standard plan, then switch back to the TNT1200. (you can do it all on one call in to CS)
    "I only drink in moderation.. Moderation is an imaginary place that happens to be wherever I am.."

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you add the $10 card while you are still on the 1200 TNT plan the $10 will be used at the rate of $.12/min and $.15/text (1200TNT overage rates).

Carrier
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Umm,,,

You added a 1200TnT PIN to get extra minutes, right? That PIN should have increased your available balance by $29.95, and voice calls should work (but cost you $0.12/min). When your renewal date comes along, your plan will renew automatically if your balance is greater than $29.95 (you'll probably need to add another PIN if you talk a lot... ); if not, you'll get a TXT saying that your plan renewal failed and that you need to add a PIN to get your plan renewed. Given recent messages, I can't be certain if you'll have to add another 1200TnT PIN to renew your plan or if enough cash PINs ($10 or $25) to get your balance above $29.95 will also get the 1200TnT plan to renew.

Carrier
    PagePlus TnT1200
    Feedback Score
    heh, i guess i should have asked, is PP still banning smartphones upon CS call?

I think I'm just gonna have to wait it out for a couple days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonslan View Post
    add the 10$ card, switch to the standard plan, then switch back to the TNT1200. (you can do it all on one call in to CS)
    You cannot do this as the system still will show the TnT until the renewal date (even if u dont see it on the website the system knows). You will be charged .12 per minute until the plan actually expires.

Quote Originally Posted by halninek View Post
    heh, i guess i should have asked, is PP still banning smartphones upon CS call?

I think I'm just gonna have to wait it out for a couple days.
    No CS doesn't ban your phone when you call.... now if u call and are on a blackberry and want a phone number change that can cause it to get booted from the network *not CSR fault its the system* as it is a major acct change on a banned phone... also taking it off the esn and trying to put it back on will most likely not work as its banned *wont go back on*.

Carrier
    PagePlus TnT1200
    Feedback Score
    Well, what I ended up doing was adding a $10 card to get me by on a few calls until the plan renewed 3 days later. I did that so that I wouldn't end up cutting into my 29.95 balance. Plan renewed fine and I actually have about 5 bucks left over if by chance this happens again.

Carrier
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for reporting back. While your solution may not be the best option for everyone, it clearly met your needs. Anyone else in your boat will benefit from seeing how this worked for you.

Feedback Score
    I just put myself in a similar situation . I only have about 35 plan minutes left but 3 days to go . I do have a $4.00 balance for overages but have a feeling that that it will get used up quickly. I guess that my only choices are to pay the overages or upgrade to the unlimited plan early if it looks like that I will run out . If I upgrade to the unlimited plan , I would only do it for a month the switch back to TNT1200 . It sure would be simpler if PP would let me renew /refill TNT early vs upgrading then downgrading .
    Last edited by bamx2; 08-02-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    bamx2,

Just a reminder, the wiki includes a tutorial on how to switch back from the Unlimited plan to the 1200 TNT:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ns_on_PagePlus

Feedback Score
    Yes I am familiar with the process. Also, I have learned over time that any account changes (via online or CS ) should be verified using "MY Account" .

Quote Originally Posted by UncleAndy View Post
    bamx2,

Just a reminder, the wiki includes a tutorial on how to switch back from the Unlimited plan to the 1200 TNT:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ns_on_PagePlus
    Last edited by bamx2; 08-02-2010 at 07:12 PM.